Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Training group

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Training group Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Training group - 5/7/2010 6:16:40 PM   
Ildabaoth

Good day. I'm new here. I wouldn't start a new thread, but I haven't been able to find the info I need. According to the manual, you can define an air group as "Training group" in order to speed up the training of the pilots. But I don't know how. On the other hand, I've read that you can have great pilots assigned as instructors (NAVCOM or something like that, I forgot the name). How do you do that?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Training group - 5/7/2010 7:51:24 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Welcome to the funny farm firsty..

I believe that aspect has been removed in patch 3 (might have been 2).. IIRC Japan has some set training groups .. not sure how to identify them as i play allies normally. any group can train normally however and whichever side you choose i would highly reccomend you do so from day 1.

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to Ildabaoth)
Post #: 2
RE: Training group - 5/7/2010 9:00:37 PM   
Ildabaoth

Thanks, Rob,

On the other hand, I don't get how to send a pilot to the reserve group or to TRANCOM. Any help?

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 3
RE: Training group - 5/7/2010 9:23:37 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Hi Ildabaoth,

As you cycle through your pilots in an air unit, any pilot highlighted in yellow can be transferred to TRACOM by left clicking, then it will ask you if you want to send the pilot to TRACOM, click yes or hit 'Y' and the pilot will be removed. If you want to send a non-yellow highlighted pilot to the group reserve left click and you will be asked if you want to send the pilot to the group reserve, click yes or hit the 'Y' key to do so, after a short delay the pilot will be in the group reserve, you will notice the pilot is now greyed out and not white anymore. If you then wish to send this pilot to the general reserve, left click the greyed out name and it will ask you if you want to send the pilot to the general reserve, click yes or hit the 'y' key to send him to the general reserve. Go through this process for any pilots you wish to transfer. Oh, and if you want to return a pilot to active staus, right click on him. I hope this helps!

Good luck and enjoy the game.

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 5/7/2010 9:25:13 PM >

(in reply to Ildabaoth)
Post #: 4
RE: Training group - 5/8/2010 12:45:48 AM   
Ildabaoth

Thanks, Sqz. But I'm afraid I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I select an Air Group, enter the pilot roster and there are plenty of white names. If I do left click on them, nothing happens. I tried it with several Air Groups and the same thing always.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 5
RE: Training group - 5/9/2010 2:54:23 AM   
vicberg

There's no such thing as a training group...place 1 70-80+ leader for every 9-12 trainees and set the group to training...I set to 80% training, either general or specific...opinions vary...I do specific.

To move a good pilot into reserve, left click on the pilot and click yes for move to general reserve.

If return to active status dialogue comes up, then the group is slated for withdrawl...game attempts to prevent moving pilots out of groups slated for withdrawl...there is a work around and it's not clear if it's considered gamey or not but there's few house rules preventing it...

go back to the air group and click on the get pilot button up to max (not to be confused with get X pilots or request veteran)...this gives you extra pilots which enables you to move some of the good pilots into reserve...when the active status dialogue comes back up, get more pilots using same method.

(in reply to Ildabaoth)
Post #: 6
RE: Training group - 5/9/2010 1:34:45 PM   
Smeulders

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ildabaoth

Thanks, Sqz. But I'm afraid I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I select an Air Group, enter the pilot roster and there are plenty of white names. If I do left click on them, nothing happens. I tried it with several Air Groups and the same thing always.

If you have installed the patches, you should take a look at the Pilot Management Addendum, you should be able to find it in the WITP folder, under documentation I think.

(in reply to Ildabaoth)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Training group Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI