Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 5/10/2010 2:59:38 PM   
author

Hi dudes,

I have installed the Distant World twice because of this bug.

I wonder if any of you aware of this.

In ship design screen, ýf you start a new design, it is impossible to save it, because of game cant see your invasion tactics choice and continues to say "you have to select invasion tactics!"

or,

If you accidently edit invasion tactic section of an old design, whatever you select for invasion tactics, game cant accept it. And says: "You have to select invasion tactic!"

SO!

I CAN'T create or edit any ship! And game become meanless!

Any idea?

< Message edited by author -- 5/10/2010 7:20:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 5/10/2010 8:13:18 PM   
author

Nobody encountered this problem, but me?

Did all of you can save your ship designs?

(in reply to author)
Post #: 2
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 5/10/2010 11:30:45 PM   
Lamb Chop

quote:

ORIGINAL: author

Hi dudes,

I have installed the Distant World twice because of this bug.

I wonder if any of you aware of this.

In ship design screen, ýf you start a new design, it is impossible to save it, because of game cant see your invasion tactics choice and continues to say "you have to select invasion tactics!"

or,

If you accidently edit invasion tactic section of an old design, whatever you select for invasion tactics, game cant accept it. And says: "You have to select invasion tactic!"

SO!

I CAN'T create or edit any ship! And game become meanless!

Any idea?

Bugs are plenty, never had that one nor heard of it though...

Try reinstalling your Microsoft .Net Framework.

(in reply to author)
Post #: 3
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 5/10/2010 11:41:56 PM   
author

Yes

.Net framework 3,5 SP2 for Turkish addons looked very suspicous to me.

(in reply to Lamb Chop)
Post #: 4
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 5/11/2010 2:23:28 AM   
author

Helloooo dear producers ( the seinfeld-newman mimic)

I uninstalled framework and reinsatalled it form game setup...

the game is still not allowing me design ships. because of "ship's invasion tactics" warning.

I cant play your games, nearly 3 months. and spent nearly five days for installing, unistalling, reintalling, trying, hoping, waiting, installing, unistalling, searching, googleing, and trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying yes, definetly trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, die trying, unistalling, reinstalling, searching the solutions, and trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, Thank you.

(in reply to author)
Post #: 5
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 5/17/2010 6:02:06 AM   
gts2550

It's not a bug, no one else is experiencing it, at least no one on the forums. You stated that you are using Windows in Turkish? Try changing your regional and language settings to english, it has to be about this, since local characters often cause issues in script compilation and etc. That's the only possible reason why the game can't register invasion tactics in ship design. My guess is, it's the decimal symbol, since it differs regionally. I'm pretty sure that'll clean up your ship design problem. Hope that helps

(in reply to author)
Post #: 6
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 2/18/2011 11:48:34 PM   
dory

it is a bug. I have it. See: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2731290

(in reply to gts2550)
Post #: 7
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 2/19/2011 7:30:45 AM   
Data

wow, this is an old one in terms of how fast DW moves
indeed, it's a known issue

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to dory)
Post #: 8
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 2/19/2011 6:20:35 PM   
dory

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data
indeed, it's a known issue

is it? i've never seen anyone make a note of it, and I mean nowhere, as in google.
see:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22invasion tactics%22+%22distant worlds%22

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 9
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 2/19/2011 6:44:55 PM   
Data

yes, it was discussed in a couple of threads here or in the general discussion area

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to dory)
Post #: 10
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 2/23/2011 10:35:03 PM   
author

Only Turkish customers experiencing this problem.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 11
RE: Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? - 3/4/2011 9:43:06 AM   
elliotg

author, you'll be pleased to know we've finally tracked this one down and fixed it - you will now be able to set invasion tactics in the Designs screen when running DW-ROTS on Turkish Windows.

This will be in the 1.5.0.5 update for ROTS. We'll also add this fix to the next update for original Distant Worlds.

(in reply to author)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Invasion Tactics BUG in Ship Design?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI