Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OMG!! Mousewheel!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> OMG!! Mousewheel!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OMG!! Mousewheel!!! - 7/26/2002 4:01:42 AM   
Admiral DadMan

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

ahem.

Thank you.

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Post #: 1
Welcome. - 7/26/2002 4:47:49 AM   
Erik Rutins

Heh, did we forget to put that in the notes? I'll bet we did. Thanks for the reminder. :-)

Yes, folks, there is mousewheel support for the lists now.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 2
- 7/26/2002 5:19:09 AM   
Claudi

A small but very finger saving feature. Thank you.

Post #: 3
- 7/26/2002 7:46:57 AM   
Bernd Hesberg

It doesn't work on my comp. :confused:
Please, can you tell me in technical terms how it is implemented ? I mean, what kind of system message is used?
Or is there any advice on what I should do?

Thanks

Post #: 4
- 7/26/2002 4:08:46 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernd Hesberg
[B]It doesn't work on my comp. :confused:
Please, can you tell me in technical terms how it is implemented ? I mean, what kind of system message is used?
Or is there any advice on what I should do?

Thanks [/B][/QUOTE]

Well at first you would need a wheel/scroll mouse of course ;). Then you´ll also have to configure the mouse wheel to support scrolling. You can do that within the control panel of Windows

1) Go to the Start menu, select
Settings, and then Control Panel.
2) Open the Mouse icon

check how the wheel is defined. Also make sure to have the proper driver for your mouse installed.

Post #: 5
Very Very Nice Suprise !! - 7/26/2002 9:16:15 PM   
Black Cat

Thanks from my index finger :)

Post #: 6
- 7/26/2002 9:53:23 PM   
dprathbun

Doesn't work on my box either. In addition, I can no longer alt+tab out of the game in 800x600 mode. I'm using a cordless Logitech Mouseman Wheel on USP with scrolling size set to "six lines". Should this be set to "Page"?

Ok, I'm lying. The screen [I]will[/I] scroll a bit, but only after about eight [I]really[/I] fast revolutions of the wheel. Oh well. Didn't have it before, don't have it now, so no big t'ing.

Nice patch though.

Post #: 7
- 7/26/2002 10:01:02 PM   
Marc von Martial

Same mouse manufacturer here (when not using the grpahics tablet´s one). The Logitech mouse drivers have the option to use "MS compatible" somthing (it´s on the same screen where you set the line scroll speed, a small check box), try that option and see if it helps.

I know that mouse wheel support doesn´t allways work like intended outside of "Office" style applications. For instance I can´t get my mouse wheel to work in Neverwinter Nights, and I can tell you it would be really usefull there ...

Post #: 8
- 7/26/2002 10:16:44 PM   
Bernd Hesberg

Marc,

thanks for your reply, but all these things I've done before asking. I assume you posted this as a general reply to all users. ;)
I'm using a Logitech mouse with the lastest driver. So it may help to tell what the setting should be.

OTOH, I was asking for the type of system message that's used. This can be answered by either 'Office'-mode or 'DirectX'. I wouldn't mind if some registry settings must be checked/changed. But for this to do I again have to know which are the required keys and values.

Thanks again for your effort and all the other improvements.

Post #: 9
- 7/26/2002 11:12:15 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernd Hesberg
[B]Marc,

thanks for your reply, but all these things I've done before asking. I assume you posted this as a general reply to all users. ;)
I'm using a Logitech mouse with the lastest driver. So it may help to tell what the setting should be.

OTOH, I was asking for the type of system message that's used. This can be answered by either 'Office'-mode or 'DirectX'. I wouldn't mind if some registry settings must be checked/changed. But for this to do I again have to know which are the required keys and values.

Thanks again for your effort and all the other improvements. [/B][/QUOTE]

It seems I went over your message to fast :rolleyes: . I didn´t notice the "in technical terms". This I have to pass on to Mike (assuming he put scroll support it in and not Keith).

Post #: 10
- 7/26/2002 11:43:38 PM   
UndercoverNotChickenSalad

Wheel support is HUGE. Thx.

Post #: 11
- 7/27/2002 12:18:49 AM   
XPav

I use my Logitech mouse here at work, and to get it to work with most software, I have to go into the Mouse control panel and check the "Use MS Office Compatible Scroll Only" button.

That's what people are talking about, but since I don't have UV at work (for a very good reason! ;) ), I can't say whether or not this will work.

Post #: 12
- 7/27/2002 2:34:20 AM   
dprathbun

Yup. That works. Though in the "After action report" screen, it scrolls the lower-left message stuff.

Ya'll gonna port this to Linux?

I'm going to stop playing this game (for an hour or three) and go sailing.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Post #: 13
- 7/27/2002 4:22:19 AM   
Gustaf

Works on my machine at hi-res. Many thanks!!

Gus :)

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in strength."
- General Thomas "S

Post #: 14
- 7/28/2002 2:07:08 AM   
UndercoverNotChickenSalad

Everything works for me but the combat reports. I can't wheel there.

LETS ROLL !

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> OMG!! Mousewheel!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI