Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question regarding ver1.20 install...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Question regarding ver1.20 install... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question regarding ver1.20 install... - 7/27/2002 6:51:30 AM   
GulfXray

I have installed ver 1.20 (was at ver1.11), however when I get to the Main Menu screen, it still says ver1.11.

I have tried 3 different ways, all with the same results. I tried using the Update Center pick from the initial splash screen - it went through the update process and I closed UV and restarted. I downloaded the zip version, ran the exe - it went through the same update process, and loaded UV. And finally I tried using the True Update pick off Start>Programs>UV, it tells me I have the most recent version.

So, do I have the right version or not? Are there some files that I can check the date time stamp on?

I'ld like to get this done pretty quickly - I have PBEM turn waiting and we are getting to the fun part ;-)

Thanks
Shawn
Bartlesville, OK
Post #: 1
Re: Question regarding ver1.20 install... - 7/27/2002 7:09:09 AM   
Supervisor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GulfXray
[B]I have installed ver 1.20 (was at ver1.11), however when I get to the Main Menu screen, it still says ver1.11.

I have tried 3 different ways, all with the same results. I tried using the Update Center pick from the initial splash screen - it went through the update process and I closed UV and restarted. I downloaded the zip version, ran the exe - it went through the same update process, and loaded UV. And finally I tried using the True Update pick off Start>Programs>UV, it tells me I have the most recent version.

So, do I have the right version or not? Are there some files that I can check the date time stamp on?

I'ld like to get this done pretty quickly - I have PBEM turn waiting and we are getting to the fun part ;-) [/B][/QUOTE]
Just a thought: Did it install the patch to the right directory? If you installed the game in any place other than the default and didn't change it on the patch installation, that might cause this.

You can check to see where the patch installed by doing a file find for the file called "UV Patch v1.20.pdf". This installs itself in the "\Uncommon Valor" directory. If you find that file in the correct place, then it seems to have installed correctly and I wasn't any help :).

(in reply to GulfXray)
Post #: 2
Re: Re: Question regarding ver1.20 install... - 7/27/2002 7:14:27 AM   
GulfXray

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rowlf
[B]
Just a thought: Did it install the patch to the right directory? If you installed the game in any place other than the default and didn't change it on the patch installation, that might cause this.

You can check to see where the patch installed by doing a file find for the file called "UV Patch v1.20.pdf". This installs itself in the "\Uncommon Valor" directory. If you find that file in the correct place, then it seems to have installed correctly and I wasn't any help :). [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Rowlf....

I originally installed UV to the deafult directory so I don't think that is the problem. It did 'install' the v1.20.pdf as well. It just looked weird seeing v1.11.

Anyways, I have finished a complete uninstall (saved your map mods though ;-) ) and will start from the ground up... At least it's Friday...

Thanks
Shawn
Bartlesville, OK

(in reply to GulfXray)
Post #: 3
I was wrong .... - 7/27/2002 8:09:15 AM   
GulfXray

Rowlf was exactly right... When I did the original install I changed the directory I installed to. I ASSumed it was program files/matrix games/Uncommon valor...

Bottom line, the patch installed just fine - sorry for ever doubting the UV team...

Thanks
Shawn
Bartlesville, OK

(in reply to GulfXray)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Question regarding ver1.20 install... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI