Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about Defense/Weapon Platforms

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Question about Defense/Weapon Platforms Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about Defense/Weapon Platforms - 6/9/2010 4:15:15 PM   
WoodMan

Hey guys!

I notice when the AI Empires or my own when base building is automated build defense platforms at the corners of the planet, in orbit, so with 4 for example you have one at each corner.

When I try to build a defense platform manually though it always builds smack in the centre of the planet, this is bad for two reasons, 1) Enemy ships have to be closer to the planet before it shoots and 2) that spot is already really crowded because my spaceport is already there! Yes it builds directly on my spaceport!!!

How do you choose where the weapon platform goes?
Post #: 1
RE: Question about Defense/Weapon Platforms - 6/9/2010 8:05:01 PM   
Rugby9

You can build your bases in differest locations around a planet by clicking on the planet, go to the location you want to build, right click and choose which structure you want to put there. You might have to try it a couple of times to get the hang of it and you can actually build items pretty far away from the planet.- J

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about Defense/Weapon Platforms - 6/9/2010 9:17:47 PM   
WoodMan

I actually tried that and it didn't work, but I will try it again tonight, just about to have a game now  I'll make sure I'll save it first because if you cancel the construction when it builds in the wrong place you still lose the money! 

(in reply to Rugby9)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about Defense/Weapon Platforms - 6/21/2010 1:18:21 PM   
WoodMan

Hey guys I'm still having problems with this.  The strange thing is that yes I can build my defense platforms where I like by right clicking and then it will build where my cursor is, but not if I right click at the upper left corner of the planet.  If I click there it builds in the middle of the planet over the spaceport.  I will test on more planets, so far I've only built platforms at two and it was the case at both these planets.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Question about Defense/Weapon Platforms Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI