Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What is in the future for the game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> What is in the future for the game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is in the future for the game? - 6/10/2010 7:58:06 PM   
mbrien

Hi all,
I hae been looking at this game for some time and I finaly made the plunge last night! I like how the game has come along and I do like some of the Map Mods that have been created by users. I am wondering if there are plans to expand to other air war scenarios, Poland 39, France 40, Russian Front? Maybe move over to the Pacific?

Thanks
and great work on the game, Now I have to learn how to play and start bombing!
Post #: 1
RE: What is in the future for the game? - 6/11/2010 9:31:20 PM   
mbrien

Hi all,
    Here is anothe option that I was thinking of.  How about a scenario that works along with a what it Sealion invasion of England?
Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark

(in reply to mbrien)
Post #: 2
RE: What is in the future for the game? - 6/12/2010 5:51:40 PM   
K.Pooley

I think you'll find that Operation Sealion was to have been the invasion of the whole of Britain, not just England

Really BoB as a game only makes sense as what is was historically. The LW have the job of preparing the way for Sealion, while the British attempt to thwart the LW's aims. I don't think that extending it in that way would work very well, as Sealion would be a very marginal proposition at best (even after 'defeating' the RAF). It would not be the 'formality' of a D-Day type invasion with powerful allied forces being able to gradually build and sustain momentum, in the face of an enemy who (let's face it) is just playing for time. As to the other ideas, I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.

Kev

Y Ddraig Goch am Byth

(in reply to mbrien)
Post #: 3
RE: What is in the future for the game? - 6/12/2010 6:23:07 PM   
Rebel Yell

I would really like to see this type of game for other years and theaters also, but it needs to be an entirely new engine. They did a fantastic job of beating the old code in this game into submission to make all the improvements in the current version, but the future needs to be revolutionary, not evolutionary.

My .02.

I used to enjoy these forums. So many people that need the green dot now.

(in reply to K.Pooley)
Post #: 4
RE: What is in the future for the game? - 6/14/2010 1:09:50 AM   
mbrien

Thanks K. Pooley and Rebel Yell,
I would be interested in the revolutionary change that Rebel Yell mentioned and there are some other theaters of operations to keep our hands full. I am working through the BoB one week scenario as the Germans and I am not doing to well. I will play it again with some different objectives to see how I do.

Lets keep thinking about what would be next for this game.

Thanks

Mark

(in reply to Rebel Yell)
Post #: 5
RE: What is in the future for the game? - 6/16/2010 5:05:38 PM   
fochinell

I think HS & Co have done a good job to upgrade something that is pretty long in the tooth with some difficult legacy issues. But there's plenty I'd like to see in a new game with some of those issues eliminated - maybe even including the Eastern Front. I'd certainly like a really long game starting on 17 August 1942, although it would be hard to avoid sudden death and I think the scoring would have to be re-jigged.

(in reply to mbrien)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> What is in the future for the game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI