Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 7/1/2010 1:31:57 AM   
Igard

Ferengi Preview

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 31
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 7/1/2010 1:32:25 AM   
Igard

Dominion Preview

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 32
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 7/1/2010 1:32:51 AM   
Igard

Breen Preview

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 33
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 7/1/2010 8:35:48 PM   
tjhkkr

The Dominion ships look GREAT.
I have heard of the Breen. I never knew that the ST universe had actually fleshed them out.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 34
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 7/1/2010 11:23:46 PM   
Igard

Gorn Hegemony Preview, for some reason DW is scaling these ships bigger than the rest. That's fine though since the gorn ships are supposed to be big and bulky.

Just got the dialog to write for the Gorn, I'll get my 'S' key finger warmed up...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 35
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/3/2010 1:46:07 AM   
Igard

Version 1.3 released

That's 7 races I've modded now. The federation are available from other mods, but I will get round to doing them. That leaves 1 more race to add before all the ship sets are used up. (come on devs get us more ship sets)

There don't seem to be many trek fans on the forums, so if you're a lurker, please speak up. I need your opinions. Should I add the borg or another of the minor races(tholian, sheliak, kztin, lyran, hydran)?

I should also mention, I've seriously played around with the race stats and probably haven't tested enough, so please report any balance issues.

Enjoy and any problems let me know.

< Message edited by Igard -- 7/3/2010 2:04:39 AM >

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 36
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/3/2010 2:37:41 AM   
WoodMan

Borg, Vulcan, Species 8472, of course you have to wait for the future patch before you can put all in.  If you need help finding images I *might* be able to help with top down shots of Borg and 8472, but not Vulcan sorry.

Keep up the good work dude!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 37
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/3/2010 3:11:07 AM   
Igard

Forgot species 8472. Ships aren't a problem, it's the bases. I may have to resort to drastic measures for bases, chopping bits off ships and sticking them together! I'll look carefully before I start that.

Vulcans are another matter. I won't add them to this mod since it's a TNG mod and vulcans are part of the Federation. Wait for my future "Archer Era Mod".

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 38
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/3/2010 3:21:23 AM   
tornnight

Borg Please!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 39
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/3/2010 1:58:14 PM   
Igard

Ok then, I'll start work on the federation and borg for the next update.

Also, I've managed about 4 hours play now with the new race stats and it's clear things are going to need a little tweaking.

So far it seems too easy to make money. Giving races too many bonuses in ship/troop maintenance and trade is probably the cause.

If you are going to play as ferengi, I suggest setting corruption to maximum. Don't worry, these guys should still be mega rich!

(in reply to tornnight)
Post #: 40
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/3/2010 2:31:09 PM   
hEad

Phenomenal job Igard - your a legend!

I'm trying to find my Birth of the federation disk to check out what races were included. From memory -

Bajorans
Sheliak
Trills
Yiridians
Betazoids
Mintakans
Andorians
Vulcans
Nausicaans
Bolians
Packleds...

Is there any possible way to include these minors in a meaningful way? I know that it woulod be tough to find all the ships and all. Actually, just found this on teh net - it gives the associated boni per the races. (wish i could find my BOTF cd)

RACE
UNIQUE STRUCTURE
FUNCTION

Acamarians
Acamarian clan hall
+100% credits, +1 morale

Andorians
Andorian war college
+25 ship experience

Angosians
Super soldier academy
+50% ground combat

Antedeans
Harvesting complex
+100% food

Anticans
Mustering base
+50% ground defense

Bajorans
Bajoran jalanda forum
+1 morale empire-wide

Bandi
Architectural cetre
+100% construction research

Benzites
Industrial center
+50% industry

Betazoids
Counselling academy
+50% security

Bolians
Cosmetology center
+50% espionage total

Bynars
Planetary computer
+100% computer research

Caldonians
Research think tank
+25% research empire-wide

Chalnoth
Gladitorial arena
+100% weapon research

Edo
Palace of Edo
+1 morale empire-wide

Ktarians
Ktarian game studio
+50% sabotage total

Malconians
Kinetics lab
+100% propulsion research

Mintakans
Mintakan farm
+100% food

Mizarians
Monument of surrender
+5 morale

Nausicaans
Recruitment centre
+40% ground combat

Pakleds
Collection facility
+100 research

Selay
Selay mustering base
+50%ground defense

Sheliak
Bioengineering centre
+100% biotech research

Takarans
Physics institute
+100% energy research

Talarians
Defense network
+100% ground defense

Tamarians
Mythology library
+300 research

Trills
Research committee
+30% research empire-wide

Ullians
Psychohistorical archive
+25% intel total

Vulcans
Science academy
+35% research empire-wide

Yridians
Intelligence service
+40% espionage total

Zakdorn
Military academy
+100 ship experience

http://neptune.spaceports.com/~fax/BOTF_minor_info.htm

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 41
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/3/2010 2:34:21 PM   
Tophat1815

Looking forward to your "TAKE" on the Federation! I did have a what I thought obvious choice.........Mirror Universe "Terran Empire" race request.But perhaps you could put that in your Archer/early pre-federation mod.If you do that make the Defiant the Terran Empire capital ship. Great,now I'm anxious to see that Mod! LOL!!!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 42
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/3/2010 6:22:38 PM   
Igard

Thanks for the great list hEad!

quote:

ORIGINAL: hEad
Is there any possible way to include these minors in a meaningful way? I know that it woulod be tough to find all the ships and all.

I think what I will do for now is replace the ramaining DW races with some of these (ships not included). I prefer to add the ones that aren't part of the federation (non-aligned governments) since this is a TNG era mod and you have to assume that those races that make up the federation are part of the game anyway, just not with their own governments.

quote:

Looking forward to your "TAKE" on the Federation! I did have a what I thought obvious choice.........Mirror Universe "Terran Empire" race request.But perhaps you could put that in your Archer/early pre-federation mod.If you do that make the Defiant the Terran Empire capital ship. Great,now I'm anxious to see that Mod! LOL!!!

Nice idea, hadn't thought of mirror universe stuff!

(in reply to hEad)
Post #: 43
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/4/2010 1:01:34 PM   
Igard

Hit a problem with the borg ships. I've posted it in the tech support forum.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2513492

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 44
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/4/2010 1:14:02 PM   
WoodMan

As a workaround try placing a single black dot pixel quite far above the Borg ships in your image, this might make the game *think* its a long ship and not a short fat one.  Dunno if it will work, just an idea 

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 45
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/4/2010 2:09:53 PM   
Igard

Unfortunately, I've tried all that woodman.

Spent almost 2 hours on this problem. It's driving me crazy, I may have to put the borg on hold for the time being.

It wouldn't be fair to the minor races anyway. With all the shipsets full, there would be no shipset left for minor races.

I could do a generic shipset for races like Tamarian, Talarian, Caldonian, Yridian, ktarian, Acamarian, lissepian, chalnoth. It would give them a place in the game, and it would be just like Birth of the Federation!!

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 46
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/4/2010 2:48:47 PM   
hEad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Spent almost 2 hours on this problem. It's driving me crazy, I may have to put the borg on hold for the time being.

It wouldn't be fair to the minor races anyway. With all the shipsets full, there would be no shipset left for minor races.

I could do a generic shipset for races like Tamarian, Talarian, Caldonian, Yridian, ktarian, Acamarian, lissepian, chalnoth. It would give them a place in the game, and it would be just like Birth of the Federation!!

Yes please!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 47
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/4/2010 7:03:08 PM   
Tophat1815

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

A good and reasonable solution.I wasn't sold on the Borg as a player race being a good idea anyway.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 48
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/4/2010 10:41:09 PM   
Igard

Great. We can't really do the borg justice as things are now anyway.

Here is my list of minor races to be modded. Any suggestions/protestations let me know. Remember, these races will have the same shipset.

Caldonians - Researchers, not fond of administration/war
Ktarians - Generally passive, but may attempt ambitious and dangerous attempts at subversion of other empires. They tried to overthrow starfleet by use of a mind controlling, highly addictive game.
Acamarians - Deeply troubled and fractured society. Half are rooted in traditional warlike clans, the other in a more conservative style.
Takarans - Highly resilient humanoid. They are deceitful, but generally not aggressive.
Tamarian - The children of Tama. Tamarian language is composed entirely from metaphor and collected history of their own experience. (I'm not looking forward to writing the dialog for these guys. Should I make them completely incomprehensible?)
Chalnoth - Aggresive, chaotic society. No one controls government. Unpredictable yet not entirely unfriendly.
Yridian - Information brokers and spies. Untrustworthy. Quite passive.
Kressari - Traders. Untrustworthy. Quite passive. Like the yridians but not as unscrupulous.
Lissepian - More traders. They were allied with the cardassians so they're not very friendly or smart.
Talarian - Strict, traditional, patriarchal society. Slightly xenophopic. Isolationists. Poor technology.
Lurian - You know Morn? The big quiet guy that sits in Quarks bar? That's a Lurian.
Tzenkethi - Never seen in Star Trek, but they mentioned often by Captain Sisko as he was involved in a war the Federation fought with the Tzenkethi. One of the producers said they were reptilians with heavily armoured skin. They are aggresive and war-like.

Look up memory alpha for more info on these races..

Memory Alpha

Races I would like to add. They require their own shipsets.

1. Pakled - May be difficult to find ships and bases.
2. Hydran Kingdom - From the Starfleet Command games.
3. Lyran Star Empire - From the Starfleet Command games.
4. Kzinti Patriarchy - Also Known as the Mirak Star League from the Starfleet Command games
5. Interstellar Concordium - Never liked these guys. From Starfleet command. Might not include them.
6. Sheliak Corporate - You should all know who they are.
7. Tholian Assembly - Enough said.

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 49
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/5/2010 4:04:24 AM   
Tophat1815

Sounds good to me,however you have me frothing at the mouth for your pre-starfleet or Archer era mod.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 50
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/5/2010 10:09:41 AM   
Haree78

Was playing with this mod last night, was a lot of fun to try a Star Trek flavour even if I'm not the biggest fan. One thing that's kind of wierd is that everyone starts off kind of liking me because everyone is humanoid. So the Dominion are all fine with me until they decide they want my planets. Even the Gorn are pretty tame in the game I'm playing. The Ferengi act much like the Ferengi which is great. The Klingons feel about right so far but the Cadassians are being all chummy with me also, offering Free Trade Pacts etc. I'm not taking them because I don't trust them and they are becomming the biggest force in the galaxy though! :)

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 51
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/5/2010 12:46:40 PM   
WoodMan

Just an idea for those that think Borg are not a good choice for player race.

Only races with a certain aggressiveness or above appear as pirates (I can't remember what number aggressiveness it is though).  If we set the other aggressive races like Kilingon to be one below this number and have Borg as the only one above it, we effectively would replace pirates with Borg.  I have a Star Trek Armada 2 CD somewhere in my house, I can't remember if its got a top down view or slightly side on, if its top down we could add not just Borg ships as pirates but also assimilated Federation, Klingon, Cardassian and Romulan ships.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 52
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/5/2010 2:54:56 PM   
Igard

Nice idea, WoodMan. I'm not sure if I want to change the aggression of the other races though. Perhaps if we were given a toggle to set each race as a potential pirates.

I have some assimilated Starfleet and one or two other borg ships. The problem is the borg cubes. I can find no way to make them bigger. No one has responded to my tech support thread yet, so I assume that modding is still a low priority for the devs. If you want a borg cube you can download from my tech support thread.

Haree, that's the problem with balancing this game. I will do a proper guide to how I set up a Star Trek galaxy once I figure out how to do it myself!

Here is what I've been trying so far:-

At the galaxy screen;

Set the galaxy size to something pretty big, I always play on 1400.
Planet quality = normal, independant life = plentiful
Expansion = starting - This will ensure none of the independants are larger than they should be.
Aggression = restless/unstable - Hopefully this will make the less friendly races stop trading with you.
Research = very slow, space creatures = few, pirates = few

Your empire screen;
Home system = normal, size/tech level = This depends on which empire you choose
corruption = normal - unless you're ferengi, then crack it up a bit

Other Empires;

Race Government size tech
Breen Despotism expanding Enhanced
Cardassian Despotism expanding Advanced
Dominion Members Dictatorship Mature Highly Advanced
Federation Citizens Democracy Mature Highly Advanced
Ferengi Democracy expanding Advanced
Gorn Feudalism expanding Enhanced
Klingon Feudalism mature Advanced
Romulan Republic mature Highly Advanced

For all other minor races, you should set to starting/expanding and basic/enhanced.

Once into the game, It's a good idea to open the Editor right away and edit the empires names. From here you can also edit the bias they have for each other, though this can be labourious, it should ensure all races act correctly.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 53
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.3 - 7/6/2010 2:20:45 AM   
Igard

Suprisingly, there is no artwork or anything for the Tzenkethi. There is going to be a book about them soon though.

I'll add the Bajorans instead since they never achieved membership into the Federation during any of the series.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 54
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4 - 7/8/2010 4:23:31 PM   
Igard

1.4 released.

All 20 races are now Star Trek. The minor races use the default dialog. It works fine for most of the races. Perhaps the Chalnoth sound a bit too happy. Bajorans deserve their own dilaog also, but I don't have the will power to it right now.

Any problems, let me know.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 55
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4 - 7/8/2010 11:07:27 PM   
Tophat1815

Working on the Archer era next? 

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 56
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4 - 7/9/2010 12:48:42 AM   
Haree78

Thanks for the update, downloading.
Any chance you can host somewhere else in future, it's terribad connection speed :(

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 57
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4 - 7/9/2010 1:14:20 AM   
Igard

Unfortunately, haree, I put it up on battleclinic to keep my nose clean. I use ship images based on other peoples 3D models hosted on battleclinic.

I don't know if any of the original modellers will have an issue with me using there material (alot of the stuff was created years ago ergo, it's hard to contact any of them) but if they do, the site owner will negotiate with them since it's all one big happy website.

Tophat, you're a fan of Scott Bakula I take it. Yeah, me too, he was awesome as Archer.

I don't know when I'll get around to an archer era mod, but I will say this;

If the new added features for modding includes extra shipsets, extra ships per ship type, maybe extra races, then there will be no need for any other era mod. I intend to include all the ships together. This way you could play the game from starfleets origins all the way through to  the original series, then the motion picture era and onto the TNG.

This is still a bit of a dream as the real problem is getting the AI empires to 'go along' with the correct timeline or in the correct order.

In other words, I'll wait and see what happens with the next patch and improved modding before I proceed with other mods. There's still work to do on this one too. I need to balance the race stats a bit more, and I just realised I forgot to create a Starfleet troop image!

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 58
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4 - 7/9/2010 7:44:23 AM   
hEad

A HUGE thanks for your work Igard. Downloading now...

< Message edited by hEad -- 7/9/2010 7:45:09 AM >

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 59
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.4 - 7/9/2010 7:44:40 PM   
tjhkkr

Yes, thank you.
You have done remarkable work. I enjoy the ships immensely.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to hEad)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI