Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era Page: <<   < prev  26 27 28 29 [30]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/4/2014 9:03:38 AM   
Imperius

Looking forward to this :)

Any chance of you guys including a scenario/map for the Picard Era?

(in reply to Vitruvian)
Post #: 871
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/4/2014 11:29:50 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Imperius

Looking forward to this :)

Any chance of you guys including a scenario/map for the Picard Era?

Hello Imperius;

Yes, but not with the Version 1.0 release. My plan is to have at least three maps
with the Version 2.0 release. The Alpha, Beta and Delta Quadrants. We will only
have two maps with the first release. One of which will have the Sol System as we
know it involved.

With Version 2.0, it is currently my hope to have at initially at least two playable
scenarios. One that can be activated if certain 'events' in the game triggers it, and
one that will add a number of 'additional' small empires if the player so chooses. I
have only recently come up with this idea, so I have yet to discuss it with the Trek
mods team. But stay tuned, and thanks for your interest!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Imperius)
Post #: 872
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/5/2014 3:15:08 PM   
Carl4243

DO you have an idea as to when you plan to Release 1.0? obviously no hard/specific dates (we all know the trouble those bring) unless you do have one and are on track for it.

oops, just saw your Reply to imdahman's post on the previous page... really hope nothing bad pops up to delay it, be great to get it sometime this month... i wish there was a way to proper do all 3 Era's in 1... do you think you could get the game to switch out default ship Images at specific points in the tech tree to sorta "upgrade" the era? along with a small story pop up message thing upon a Era advancement... or is this not possible with DW:U?

I am eager to play DW:U but I've been using your guys mod for years and going back to Vanilla DW is not as enjoyable of a experience.... i been spoiled by your guys hard work lol... IMO the games much better with your Trek Theme and Mods.

I Eagerly await your release so i can play DW again, and give the guys my thanks for all their hard work on this project along with your and others long time commitment to it.

< Message edited by Carl4243 -- 7/5/2014 4:26:02 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 873
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/5/2014 6:35:28 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Carl4243

DO you have an idea as to when you plan to Release 1.0? obviously no hard/specific dates (we all know the trouble those bring) unless you do have one and are on track for it.

oops, just saw your Reply to imdahman's post on the previous page... really hope nothing bad pops up to delay it, be great to get it sometime this month... i wish there was a way to proper do all 3 Era's in 1... do you think you could get the game to switch out default ship Images at specific points in the tech tree to sorta "upgrade" the era? along with a small story pop up message thing upon a Era advancement... or is this not possible with DW:U?

I am eager to play DW:U but I've been using your guys mod for years and going back to Vanilla DW is not as enjoyable of a experience.... i been spoiled by your guys hard work lol... IMO the games much better with your Trek Theme and Mods.

I Eagerly await your release so i can play DW again, and give the guys my thanks for all their hard work on this project along with your and others long time commitment to it.

Thank you for your support and very kind words Carl4243!

We're getting closer and are in beta testing now. However, there is one other (MAJOR to us) update
we need to have done before release. Elliot is currently on a well deserved vacation, but we should
have the needed update shortly after his return. So our version 1.0 release won't happen until a bit
of time after update 1.9.5.6 occurs.

Concerning your other question, no, we unfortunately cannot (through the game at least) 'switch out'
specific shipsets during the game. There are workarounds that you can used to change the ship images
during the game manually though. I'll try to remember to address that in the README1st file for the
theme at release (please remind me if I forget...getting old and senile! ).

There also might be a way to possible do it via an event set through the Game Editor. I'll inquire
about that when Elliot returns. He listens intently to some of us 'serious Trekkies' on his dev team
(a LARGE shipment of Vintage Romulan Ale via Igard always helps as well if DATA doesn't intercept it).

(in reply to Carl4243)
Post #: 874
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/6/2014 4:30:20 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
He listens intently to some of us 'serious Trekkies' on his dev team
(a LARGE shipment of Vintage Romulan Ale via Igard always helps as well if DATA doesn't intercept it).

Serious Trekkies... really?
He will not listen to us Jedi...

Data? Do you need a fleet and a few able bodied Jedi to help do a couple of raids?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 7/6/2014 5:30:59 AM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 875
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/6/2014 4:32:40 AM   
tjhkkr

Oh stupid me...
Look what I found when hunting for a good picture...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 7/6/2014 5:33:13 AM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 876
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/6/2014 4:45:39 AM   
ehsumrell1

You're a hot mess TJ!

This one's for you!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 7/6/2014 5:46:07 AM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 877
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/7/2014 3:51:29 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

You're a hot mess TJ!

I am not sure what this idiom means but I will presume you are not challenging a Jedi to do his worst on pilfering ale....

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 878
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/7/2014 8:08:32 AM   
Data

quote:

Data? Do you need a fleet and a few able bodied Jedi to help do a couple of raids?

Hey, I may be many other things but I'm also loyal...I'll even offer some ale myself to cool down that hot mess

< Message edited by Data -- 7/7/2014 9:08:53 AM >

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 879
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/7/2014 9:27:36 PM   
Hannable

I combined a bunch of system names files ... and I started off at the ... wait for it, wait for it ...

The Tribble Homeworld!

I could almost imagine myself playing as the mighty Tribble empire.

Too bad you can't replace a space creature with a giant tribble.

"Only one human captain has survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else." - Delenn of Minbar

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 880
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/8/2014 12:21:57 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hannable
I combined a bunch of system names files ... and I started off at the ... wait for it, wait for it ...
The Tribble Homeworld!
I could almost imagine myself playing as the mighty Tribble empire.
Too bad you can't replace a space creature with a giant tribble.

Why can you not? We have replaced the creatures with Crystalline Entities, and Star Trek Space Amoeba... Why not animate a tribble?
Not exactly my cup of tea for the game, but hey, it can be done if you want it...

Now you are probably asking what a Star Wars dude is doing with Star Trek Crystalline Entities and Space Amoebas in a Star Wars game?
Star Trek ships and monsters are cooler looking (though I do like the Imperial Star Destroyer)...
But do not tell IGard or ehsumrell1 that... I will never live it down. And I will not be able to look Padme or Leia in the face...

(in reply to Hannable)
Post #: 881
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/8/2014 7:15:17 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

...Now you are probably asking what a Star Wars dude is doing with Star Trek Crystalline Entities and Space Amoebas in a Star Wars game?
Star Trek ships and monsters are cooler looking (though I do like the Imperial Star Destroyer)...

But do not tell IGard or ehsumrell1 that... I will never live it down. And I will not be able to look Padme or Leia in the face...

Too late TJ!

DATA, Igard and I would each like a shipment of your BEST Correlian Ale IMMEDIATELY sent to us directly from Coruscant!

OTHERWISE.....

You WILL be getting a visitor!!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 7/8/2014 8:17:06 AM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 882
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/8/2014 9:21:47 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
...Now you are probably asking what a Star Wars dude is doing with Star Trek Crystalline Entities and Space Amoebas in a Star Wars game?

Too late TJ!
DATA, Igard and I would each like a shipment of your BEST Correlian Ale IMMEDIATELY sent to us directly from Coruscant!
OTHERWISE.....

You WILL be getting a visitor!!!

IGard, ehsumrell1, Data,
He is not much of a threat
because

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 7/8/2014 10:21:38 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 883
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/9/2014 1:30:51 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL:

IGard, ehsumrell1, Data,
He is not much of a threat

You're right TJ! Guess I'll have to rely upon one of my most tried and true warriors. She has
proved her worth by single-handedly dispatching a Reman bodyguard at one of my Birthday Bashes.

You GO girl...GO GET OUR ALE!!!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 7/9/2014 2:31:24 AM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 884
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/22/2014 7:15:40 AM   
Brainsucker

When will this fine mod converted into Universe version?

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 885
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/22/2014 11:31:10 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brainsucker

When will this fine mod converted into Universe version?

Hello Brainsucker;

As it looks right now, the 'Trek Team' should have the Picard Era mod out very soon! As a progress report, due to career and family restraints, Igard has honored me with full permission to take possession of his Star Trek modwork which includes his Picard, Archer, Kirk, and Spock era mods. I have formed and manage a "Trek Team" of sorts that include some VERY SERIOUS TREKKIES! We are in the final stages of tweaking and testing for the release of Igard's The Picard Era. My target date is before the first of August. Hopefully, there will be one more patch/update from Elliot upcoming before then that addresses the counterintelligence issues in the game at present. In the meanwhile, I'm finishing the Galactopedia pages and other file-work while our team members are working on the remaining details. One of the team has just finished finalizing the BORG, which was a bit of work to get as close to canon as the game allows us. Another has provided the Resource changeovers and Racial Traits. We are also fine-tuning stats on (at present) 520 Picard Era Race Characters.

I'm taking a path on these similar to what my buddy Paul (Haree78) has done with his Extended Mod (He's been a fantastic trailblazer - Thanks Paul!). Our mods will be made for a Star Trek format but retain both the essence of a classic Star Trek game (canon, without the Shakturi/Mechanoids) and also be totally playable in any of the other DW formats Elliot has provided. Pirate, Pre-Warp, etcetera.
This way, regular updates and/or bug fixes to just executable and system files won't break the mods. In addition, every player/modder can still modify the theme further to their liking as well. So if you dislike the DW UI, for instance, you can use Das's or dabble with it on your own. The biggest delay has been awaiting the last update that allows the GameText file to be read from the theme. Now that's being tested.

Sorry to give such a lengthy response! But I figured it was time since we are very close now and I've
been so busy on it I haven't given a progress report in a month. So put in your orders now for your
shipments of vintage Romulan Ale while supplies last!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 7/22/2014 12:38:18 PM >

(in reply to Brainsucker)
Post #: 886
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/22/2014 11:57:32 AM   
hewwo

Whoooo! Almost here! And I pre-emptively wish someone makes this mod some star trek themed GUI icons:)

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 887
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/22/2014 8:12:00 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

Whoooo! Almost here! And I pre-emptively wish someone makes this mod some star trek themed GUI icons:)

There are a few to a certain extent Hewwo. A good balance in Version 1.0 with the original game icons. There may be more in a following version if the team decides to. At present we want to make the mod able to be updated without breaking, but also still be adaptable and allow players to individually mod their own 'twists' to the theme as well.

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 888
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/23/2014 3:49:40 AM   
hewwo

I vote for as much customization as possible :) as an add-on would make sense of course.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 889
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 7/24/2014 6:20:50 PM   
McMike

My holiday is over in the fist of August.

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 890
RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era - 12/18/2014 10:59:08 PM   
Tusler@linuxmail.org

I put all the files as instructed. I went in and changed the Theme and setup for Federation, Human and named my empire. left everything else on defaults and when I go to start the game it says cannot start this game on the galaxy generating screen. How do I fix it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 891
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 2/6/2015 12:31:02 AM   
HectorOfTroy

Anyone know if I can enable Shakturi story with this Mod. I know the instructions say to disable it, but was wondering if that was only to keep it canon?

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 892
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 2/6/2015 1:23:24 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: HectorOfTroy

Anyone know if I can enable Shakturi story with this Mod. I know the instructions say to disable it, but was wondering if that was only to keep it canon?

Hello HectorOfTroy;

If I recall correctly, Igard did not have the Mechanoid and Shakturi races in the mods races folder. I'm
at my business office at the moment, but when I get to my home office, I'll look in the mod to see.
If they are, you should be able to by just rechecking the box. But I'll also check the bias and other
files. Let you know in about an hour or so.

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 2/6/2015 2:23:47 AM >

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
Post #: 893
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 2/6/2015 2:19:23 AM   
HectorOfTroy

Thanks man, I started the game and I hope they will show up.

And if they are not in, what do I need to add from Original DW to have them in?

Thanks

< Message edited by HectorOfTroy -- 2/6/2015 3:22:10 AM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 894
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 2/6/2015 5:04:56 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: HectorOfTroy

Thanks man, I started the game and I hope they will show up.

And if they are not in, what do I need to add from Original DW to have them in?

Thanks

Hello again HectorOfTroy;

I looked in my archives and found out that the Mechanoid (a.k.a. Ancient Guardians) and the
Shakturi races are not included in the Shadows version mod.

To answer your other question, adding them can be done, but it involves modifying files in the
mod and adding the race files, testing balance, etcetera. Something that I unfortunately at this
moment do not have time to walk you through. However I am attaching the DW Modding guide for
Shadows. Hopefully, with a bit of studying, you'll see how you can add the Shakturi and Mechanoids
to the mod. Hope this helps!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 895
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 2/6/2015 9:47:03 AM   
HectorOfTroy

Thanks, but just having a kid cut my free time significantly so once I get DWU I will be able to fight Shakturi as the Federation.

Thanks anyways,

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 896
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 2/21/2016 3:35:49 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

I'm confused..

this thread is the beta for the Star Trek Picard Era mod or it is a different one.. ???

Post #: 897
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 2/21/2016 4:59:47 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

I'm confused..

this thread is the beta for the Star Trek Picard Era mod or it is a different one.. ???

Confusion at times is normal Hattori!

This thread was for the "Shadows" version of the Star Trek mod.

Our Star Trek The Picard Era Version 2.0 mod is here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3794736

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 898
RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.2 - 4/30/2019 4:35:08 AM   
chaosegg

I'm still playing Shadows version (I was a few days late getting my discounted version of Universe and refuse to pay another 55-60!).

Lot of information on some of this can be found in the Star Trek Online game...
assuming you are okay with including stuff from that source instead of TNG / DS9 / VOY only.
I've played STO off and on for years and watched everything pre-ENT quite a lot. Also played some BotF (I think i found it free online somewhere a couple years ago btw if anyone is feeling nostalgic...
it's decent seemingly; I played maybe 20-40 hours though i wouldn't say I know it well like some other games).

Modify, upgrade, build, or destroy;
in the end 'what' must follow 'why',
and if you have no answer for 'why',
then "to reduce suffering" is a good start.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 899
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 28 29 [30]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era Page: <<   < prev  26 27 28 29 [30]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI