Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

resolution/widescreen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> resolution/widescreen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
resolution/widescreen - 6/16/2010 7:49:48 PM   
Suribachi

Hi,

I know this has been discussed quite a bit over the past year but even after doing several searches I cannot find any guides/instructions on what switches to add to the short cut that will allow me to play the game at a widescreen 1920 x 1200 resolution. Can someone please explain to me first of all where to add these at and also what exactly do I add - would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Post #: 1
RE: resolution/widescreen - 6/16/2010 7:52:41 PM   
Terminus

If you look in your whatsnew.pdf file, it's all in there.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Suribachi)
Post #: 2
RE: resolution/widescreen - 6/16/2010 8:31:11 PM   
Suribachi

Hi - thanks for pointing me towards the instructions and available switch upgrades.

I'm not having much luck with getting my line to work - staying in windowed mode. Below is my string - see any issues?

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1920 -py1200 -deepcolor -cpu2 -multiaudio -dd_sw

Thanks for the help in advance.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: resolution/widescreen - 6/16/2010 8:38:27 PM   
Suribachi

OKay - so my first screwup was that the highest resolution supported is 1920 x 1080 - not 1200 on the py. I corrected that and it is now working in widescreen mode. I didn't notice/see any changes with the map using the deepcolor switch - is it suttle?

(in reply to Suribachi)
Post #: 4
RE: resolution/widescreen - 6/16/2010 9:59:40 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratsass

OKay - so my first screwup was that the highest resolution supported is 1920 x 1080 - not 1200 on the py. I corrected that and it is now working in widescreen mode. I didn't notice/see any changes with the map using the deepcolor switch - is it suttle?

If your desktop is set for 32 bit color to start with, you will not see any difference.

(in reply to Suribachi)
Post #: 5
RE: resolution/widescreen - 6/17/2010 3:11:48 PM   
Suribachi

I've got an 18" laptop and the normal resolution is 1920x1080. If I try playing the game at that resolution it is just way too small for my eyes to see. If I try to load any of the other resolutions supported by my video card (ATI HD 4870 x-fire video card) I don't get the widescreen playing area - they all display in windowed mode. Easier to see, but not full screen. Any ideas as to why none of the other supported resolutions are displaying in widescreen? Is stretch an option? I have tried: 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x800, 1280x768,

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> resolution/widescreen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI