Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bid Thee Return

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bid Thee Return Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 4:33:33 PM   
Canoerebel

Now, to resume the discussion of real substance, the study determined that the age of maximum beauty of a woman is....

(So, Bullwinkle and Chickenlad are on target).

This surprised me, as I thought it might be 27 or so. Actually, I think the standard should be whatever age Ingrid Bergman was when she appeared in Casablanca. Of course, others have their own preferences, but if the study is accurate the range probably should be around 27-35.

According to some of the more elderly gentlement I know, the age of beauty in a woman widens markedly as a man ages, as does said man's definition of "beauty."

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 2/4/2011 4:34:47 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1531
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 4:38:33 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Now, to resume the discussion of real substance, the study determined that the age of maximum beauty of a woman is....

(So, Bullwinkle and Chickenlad are on target).

This surprised me, as I thought it might be 27 or so. Actually, I think the standard should be whatever age Ingrid Bergman was when she appeared in Casablanca. Of course, others have their own preferences, but if the study is accurate the range probably should be around 27-35.

According to some of the more elderly gentlement I know, the age of beauty in a woman widens markedly as a man ages, as does said man's definition of "beauty."

You managed to mention her age in the previous sentence. She was just 27 at that time

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1532
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 4:41:22 PM   
Chickenboy

Well, I can't imagine a Southern boy being unfazed by this...

Is it "beautiful"? Dunno. It shore don't hurt the eyes much tho...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1533
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:00:09 PM   
Canoerebel

It may be weird, but even assuming that she's genuine, she's too much for me. Kind of like icing on top of a brownie on top of apple pie on top of coconut cake. She's so much of everything a man craves in a woman that she's overwhelming.

Ah, thus the eternal debate: Ginger or Mary Ann?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1534
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:06:45 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Canoerebel,

I'm kind of with you on this, but that's because you mentioned baking. Jessica's a beauty for sure, but can she bake a mean peach cobbler? The way to my heart is through my stomach so if she can, I'm all hers. Ummmm...cobbler. Of course picturing her in the proverbial apron sans clothes while baking might be the best of both worlds!

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 2/4/2011 5:07:06 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1535
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:27:21 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

It may be weird, but even assuming that she's genuine, she's too much for me. Kind of like icing on top of a brownie on top of apple pie on top of coconut cake. She's so much of everything a man craves in a woman that she's overwhelming.

Ah, thus the eternal debate: Ginger or Mary Ann?

9 out of 10 red-blooded American males will answer with an affirmative towards the 'obtainable': Mary Ann, of course.

ETA: Mary Ann ALSO wore denim shorts and rather revealing top styles in a faux-southern fashion.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1536
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:30:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Also, I'd ordinarily agree with you. Most supermodels are just 'over the top' for my tastes. There's something about Daisy Duke though that is atypical. I call it the siren song of those legs....[Homer Simpson drooling noise here]...mmm...legs...

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1537
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:41:16 PM   
SqzMyLemon

I may have to start posting some pictures of Ingrid and others in my AAR to be a catalyst for discussion. The game is at a slow pace and perhaps introducing the topic of lovely women will get the comments flowing even if they will have no relevance to the game itself.

Chickenboy +1 on the "Mary Ann's" out there. They seem attainable perhaps, then again why not shoot for the moon too!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1538
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:42:47 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Bullwinkle, can you clarify? Are you speaking of female ungulates and ruminants that respond in a visceral way to your spread of antlers, or female humans?

I interrupt this discussion to post a current strategic map of the game, which gives an idea as to the extent of Allied advances and probes.

This is Bullwinkle's neighbor, borrowing his PC. I have a spread, but it ain't antlers.

Your map is incomplete. It does not contain the Leningrad metroplex.

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1539
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:44:14 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

I'm not sending this to Brad right now. Just holding it reserve in case I need a gentle reminder later.

Given the uncommented response to the first one yesterday, this might push him to file divorce papers.

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1540
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:47:01 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

The only 35-45 YO moose flesh out there is the stuff that comes in Minnesota National Guard c-ration cans.

Nah, that's (ex) Wisconsin wolverine. Gotta beat up on those guys somehow. Football ain't working.

The Moose

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1541
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:49:52 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Actually, I think the standard should be whatever age Ingrid Bergman was when she appeared in Casablanca. Of course, others have their own preferences, but if the study is accurate the range probably should be around 27-35.

Or whatever Jan Smithers was when she starred in "WKRP."

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1542
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 5:50:50 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Well, I can't imagine a Southern boy being unfazed by this...

Is it "beautiful"? Dunno. It shore don't hurt the eyes much tho...

IMO, no one that dumb can be beautiful. It ain't the parts, it's the mind behind the parts.

The Moose

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1543
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 6:37:02 PM   
Chickenboy

Oh, I'm sure she's dumber 'n a box of rocks, Bull. No question. But-just from a lookey here perspective-she's quite satisfactory. I don't wanna marry her, but can't I just ogle her legs a bit?

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 1544
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 6:38:53 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Actually, I think the standard should be whatever age Ingrid Bergman was when she appeared in Casablanca. Of course, others have their own preferences, but if the study is accurate the range probably should be around 27-35.

Or whatever Jan Smithers was when she starred in "WKRP."

That was the sultry brunette, right? Yeah, she was OK. Lonnie Anderson got most of the attention, but it's usually the librarian types with glasses that I usually wind up with a permanent case of the 'hots' for.

Except for Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke. Have I mentioned that?

Post #: 1545
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 6:50:29 PM   
Canoerebel

A brief time out from a truly interesting conversation (Chickenboy, that last comment about Daisy Duke was well-timed and made me laugh out loud) to note:

This is driving me crazy! Brad is online and updating his WitE AAR, but he's not attending to this game, just at a time when things are reaching a fever-pitch (from my perspective). I don't know what to do. I think I've pushed his buttons and requested he give the courtesy of a "heads-up" enough. So I just have to sit here and simmer.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1546
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 7:05:22 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

A brief time out from a truly interesting conversation (Chickenboy, that last comment about Daisy Duke was well-timed and made me laugh out loud) to note:

This is driving me crazy! Brad is online and updating his WitE AAR, but he's not attending to this game, just at a time when things are reaching a fever-pitch (from my perspective). I don't know what to do. I think I've pushed his buttons and requested he give the courtesy of a "heads-up" enough. So I just have to sit here and simmer.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

There's a very interesting (and entirely unique) posting in the Opponents Wanted section that you may wish to look into...

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1547
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 7:07:31 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

IMO, no one that dumb can be beautiful. It ain't the parts, it's the mind behind the parts.

Sorry, dude. Sometimes it's about the parts. Parts ain't parts.

Post #: 1548
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 8:23:07 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

That was the sultry brunette, right? Yeah, she was OK. Lonnie Anderson got most of the attention, but it's usually the librarian types with glasses that I usually wind up with a permanent case of the 'hots' for.

I'd say girl-next-door-who-reads-books-and-does-aerobics, not sultry. Always liked the glasses. Women like Loni Anderson--or J. Simpson--I'm, to use the current word, "meh." Trying too hard. Too many products and procedures. Make a man sit around in his ready clothes. Jan Smithers--jeans, a sweat shirt, a pony-tail, and let's go.

I like the glasses, but this one is nice too.

Attachment (1)

The Moose

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1549
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 8:23:25 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

1. Brad will laugh when I take Marcus as he will know it can be retaken easily and at his leisure. So on the one hand the seizure of Marcus doesn't accomplish anything of direct value,

This is not clear to me. As a Japanese player, I would be alarmed at an Allied-held Marcus for two reasons:

1) It makes an excellent base to launch submarine patrols to harass the Home Islands.

2) Search planes based on Marcus can cover a large amount of strategic ocean surface, potentially making it considerably easier to keep tabs on the KB.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1550
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 8:30:13 PM   
Canoerebel

quote:

I never watched that show, in part because I never got on the Lonnie Anderson train, but I would've watched it had I caught a gander at this pretty lady.

Post #: 1551
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 8:32:08 PM   
Canoerebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
This is not clear to me. As a Japanese player, I would be alarmed at an Allied-held Marcus for two reasons:

1) It makes an excellent base to launch submarine patrols to harass the Home Islands.

2) Search planes based on Marcus can cover a large amount of strategic ocean surface, potentially making it considerably easier to keep tabs on the KB.

It will be hard to base patrol aircraft or subs from Marcus. Any AS or AV would get sunk for its trouble, methinks. I won't have any base forces there - or at most a very minimal amount - as I plan to beef up the base with infantry and CD up to the garrison limit. However, it would be cool to have about 6 airbase personnel in order to fly some terribly annoying recon and patrol missions from the base. Thanks for the comment, Cpt. Harlock.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1552
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 8:36:45 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

I never watched that show, in part because I never got on the Lonnie Anderson train, but I would've watched it had I caught a gander at this pretty lady.

Season 1 is on DVD for about $15.

One more, just to show that the lady did her exercises. Here in Office Mode at the station. This one was taken to B&W for some reason.

Attachment (1)

The Moose

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1553
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 8:40:40 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

There's a very interesting (and entirely unique) posting in the Opponents Wanted section that you may wish to look into...

I saw that one too.

Is it just me, or as we see a huge migration of AE old-timers to WitE (and no, I'm not over-stating it. Go look.) are the newbies coming in, well, odd? Or just lazy? Guys who obviously loaded the game, never cracked the manual, but just come here and expect folks to take their hand and explain what a Tf is?

Result of the Christmas sale? Discuss.

The Moose

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1554
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 9:12:47 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

I saw that one too.

Is it just me, or as we see a huge migration of AE old-timers to WitE (and no, I'm not over-stating it. Go look.) are the newbies coming in, well, odd? Or just lazy? Guys who obviously loaded the game, never cracked the manual, but just come here and expect folks to take their hand and explain what a Tf is?

Result of the Christmas sale? Discuss.

Moose dude-'twas the same as it has ever been, young scion. Noobs come in, noobs go out. 'Tis the same since days of yore. Were it not for my years of forum lurking and following these discussions, I'd be in much the same position. What seems like simple questions or lazy posters is often just shellshocked noobs not sure where to turn next.

A certain Jap martian fanboy that I am involved in a 2x2 PBEM has also gone over to WiTE, I've noticed. I can't tell if it's affected gameplay yet, but I am concerned, as are others for their PBEM partners...

Post #: 1555
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 9:17:15 PM   
JeffroK

I think AE is such an investment in time.

Also, many can carry two games at the same time and WITE is the latest toy on the block.

In 3-4 mths, you'll see a settling of interest one way or the other.

As a long term east games player (Russian Campaign, War in the East, DNO, Unetscheiden etc) I'm not fully convinced yet. From reading the forum there are a lot of kinks left to sort out, just like WITP Vanilla.

And the crowd over there are even more feral (some of them) than here!

Back in the Pacific, well SEAC area.

CR, you are approaching the southern tip of India and mention QBall may evac Ceylon. I dont thk you need this as a base so is it worth making it a target to suppress by air from Sth India bases rather than an Invasion which may chew up time & forces for your future ops?

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Post #: 1556
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 9:24:08 PM   
Cribtop

I was always pro Mary Ann, then realized the best answer to the age old question was BOTH Ginger AND Mary Ann.

Ingrid B in Casablanca was, well, wow.

Post #: 1557
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 9:31:14 PM   
vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

I was always pro Mary Ann, then realized the best answer to the age old question was BOTH Ginger AND Mary Ann.

Ingrid B in Casablanca was, well, wow.

Audrey in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I don't think there ever was a more beautiful face to walk the planet

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 1558
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 9:33:56 PM   
Canoerebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK
CR, you are approaching the southern tip of India and mention QBall may evac Ceylon. I dont thk you need this as a base so is it worth making it a target to suppress by air from Sth India bases rather than an Invasion which may chew up time & forces for your future ops?

I have most of southern India now, and will have all of it within ten days. I have plenty of troops, plenty of ships, and can invade Ceylon under cover of LBA, so I'll do it probably before the end of 1942. Also, I want Ceylon for the airbases as I think from there I can shuttle bombers, and possibly even P-38s, to Sumatra after I invade.

The situation in India is nearing the wind-down phase. I'm about to send the Americans (27th Div., two Marine regiments, one Marine tanks, and one Marine arty) to Karachi for transport to Capetown. They are slated for the Sumatra invasion.

In India, I'll use some troops to address Ceylon and islands like Diego and Attu. The rest will probe forward into Assam (is that the right term for the Chittagong/Akyab region)? I want to push into Burma, and I definately want Brad to think I'm coming in a much bigger way than I actually will, but the real focus is going to shift to Sumatra sometime in '43.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 1559
RE: Bid Thee Return - 2/4/2011 9:36:01 PM   
Canoerebel

I have a 16-year-old son who thinks Audrey Hepburn is *wow!* (as does his daddy). I sleep easy knowing that young man has good taste. My 13-year-old has had his eye on Ingrid Bergman for a couple of years now. I sleep easy knowing that young man has good taste, but when my dreams turn to Ingrid, I don't sleep so easy any more.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1560
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bid Thee Return Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI