Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bid Thee Return

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bid Thee Return Page: <<   < prev  60 61 62 63 [64]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bid Thee Return - 8/18/2011 7:35:59 PM   
SuluSea

Very sorry to hear this game ended. Dan you handeled this with an incredible amount of class, if my opinion means anything.

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 8/18/2011 7:37:38 PM >

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1891
Auto-Victory - 8/19/2011 3:17:30 PM   
Crackaces

I posted in the other forum a thought that Auto-victory depends on teh premise that the Allies would still assume that Hitler is teh main threat. Once Japan starts being a threat greater than the historical premise, than the historical withdrawals for example become unrealistic. "Yes Yes I know the Japs are just 10 miles from Karachi but we need those planes to mount an air campaign on Germany ..."

I had suggested a variable PP system based on Japanese gains that is Japan is more agressive than histoircal they face more units and resistance. This initself is historical as Japan understood that they must use force wisely within the context of contesting colonies under imperialsim, a debatible subject rather than use force unwisely. Thus the plan to conquer the DEI but not the land of Oz ..

So rather than remove the auto-victory I still suggest the developers make it more difficult as the conquest goes on .. but what do I know :)

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 1892
RE: Auto-Victory - 8/19/2011 4:35:28 PM   
Cribtop

An interesting suggestion. IIRC part of Shattered Sword or Fire in the Sky talked about how Japanese success in early 42 did lead to at least some units and production lines intended for the ETO being switched to PTO. Not a full re-ordering of "Germany First" of course, but a slight weakening of it.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 1893
Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 62 63 [64]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bid Thee Return Page: <<   < prev  60 61 62 63 [64]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI