Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dreadnoughts at War new scenario.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 6/28/2010 2:45:26 PM   
hellfirejet

Any feedback would be much appreciated regarding this new scenario,both negative and positive,I'm wanting to breath some new life into this fantastic game,so please post some replys to show MATRIX that it still has a pulse!!!!!

Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Post #: 1
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 6/29/2010 2:04:44 AM   
Connfire

Sounds great! Some questions:

Is it single player or multi?

Is all of the ship art included, or do those have to be downloades seperately?

(in reply to hellfirejet)
Post #: 2
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 6/29/2010 2:23:57 AM   
hellfirejet

It can be played anyway you like,solo or multi plus all art files are added,everything is there for you to start playing right away enjoy.

PBEM PLEASE NOTE = Make sure automated first turn is switched off if you want to make the first move yourself.I know it's obvious for those that play by email often,but there are some gamers who don't use this function cheers.

When you use Historical Start, there are no orders to enter, so, nothing to do. Here's what should happen

Japan Player loads Scenario 30.
Enter Password when prompted for it.
The game will then go to the Save Game Menu (because it has already issued the first turn "Historical" instructions).
Choose a save game slot (for example, 003), click on it to select.
Click the "save" button at the bottom of the screen.
When it's done saving, click "Exit" to the bottom right.
Send the save game file (wpo003) to your Allied buddy.

Allied player chooses "Load Saved" game.
Then choose the same game file (003), and then the big select saved game button
Enter Password when prompted.
The game will then go to the Save Game Menu (because it has already issued the first turn "Historical" instructions).
Save game to the same slot as loaded from (003).
Click the "save" button at the bottom of the screen.
When it's done saving, click "Exit" to the bottom right.
Allied player sends the same file (wpo003) back

Japan player loads the save game file (003) enters password, the game will generate the first turn, and you're off!

The only difference now is when you're each done entering orders, you use the "e" key or "end turn" icon.

Japan player loads 003 file only for both resolution and entering orders.
Japan player sends turn save file (wpo003) and combat save replay file (wpo001)
Allied player loads 001 file to view results and then 003 file to enter orders
Allied player sends turn save file (wpo003) only

< Message edited by hellfirejet -- 6/29/2010 5:24:23 PM >

Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 3
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 6/30/2010 4:56:50 PM   
hellfirejet

According to the download for this scenario approx 30 + gamers have downloaded it,so could you please post some comments about the scenario,it has been alot of work up till now creating it,I would like to know what you all think of it,was it worth my while doing it or not ?

Regards,
Graham.

Post #: 4
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/2/2010 8:23:59 PM   
Rysyonok

The scenario is amazing. I really appreciate the fact that you reworked ground forces as well.

IJN/IJA have more than doubled their might, and are much more fearsome.

I'll let you know more if I can get a game going with someone using your scenario.

Post #: 5
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/2/2010 8:44:58 PM   
hellfirejet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rysyonok

The scenario is amazing. I really appreciate the fact that you reworked ground forces as well.

IJN/IJA have more than doubled their might, and are much more fearsome.

I'll let you know more if I can get a game going with someone using your scenario.

You are right I did do some tweaking with the ground forces,althought my main domain this period is the naval side of the game,I have been altering a few things in the air also,so there are an amazing amount about this scenario that is different than any stock game version.If you want a scenario that is 100% historical well this ain't it,this is more of a what if ?

Regards,
Graham.

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 6
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/2/2010 9:06:03 PM   
hellfirejet

Rysyonok, I so glad you are liking this new scenario,it's alot of work just hope it's what the gamers here like,it is how you say a new challenge.

The new british aircraft art is available to download with some more database scenario tweaks,this scenario is a totally different scenario from what has been before.

< Message edited by hellfirejet -- 7/2/2010 9:07:10 PM >

Regards,
Graham.

Post #: 7
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/4/2010 8:24:15 PM   
hellfirejet

Rysyonok,since you liked the fact that I had tweaked the land forces,you might also be pleased to know that I have just added 2 complete German Armies to help the Japanese war effort,these armies include the A7V Tank shown in this photo.

I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks,so I will do another update on my return with all these new land forces,in the mean time I do hope you are still enjoying the Dreadnoughts at war scenario ta ta the noo.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by hellfirejet -- 7/4/2010 8:25:55 PM >

Regards,
Graham.

Post #: 8
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/4/2010 8:57:12 PM   
Rysyonok

Nice :)

What about fuel? Stock WPO gave a savvy IJN player 2 years of fuel; by tripling the forces that got cut down to 8 months.

Granted, that is historical - fleets couldn't afford to have ships at sea all the time anyway...

Post #: 9
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/4/2010 9:44:08 PM   
hellfirejet

Fuel is not a problem,all the ships have increased range etc,I have massively increased the stock piles of Oil & Fuel for both side in the campaign using the editor,this makes the game one big skimmish from the very start,Victory points have also been increased,this scenario is a complete departure from what has gone before,the players will have to watch what they are doing more,this should remove them from there comfort zone and make them think twice more often,this is a challenge for any player no matter whose side he is playing.

Regards,
Graham.

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 10
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/21/2010 4:45:11 PM   
hellfirejet

If there is anyone playing this scenario can you please give me some feedback as to what you all think of it.

Regards,
Graham.

Post #: 11
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/22/2010 4:05:08 AM   
Rysyonok

(If there is anyone interested in playing this scenario, I'm game :) )

Post #: 12
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/23/2010 12:14:13 PM   
hellfirejet

Ok since it appears from the lack of feedback,that no one or very few people are actually playing this scenario,I have reluctantly decided to cancel any future scenarios for War Plan Orange,and concentrate more on War In The Pacific Admirals Edition,great pity but there you have it,over 50 people have downloaded this Dreadnoughts at War scenario,yet there is a distinct lack of feedback go figure.

Regards,
Graham.

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 13
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/23/2010 5:57:08 PM   
Connfire

Speaking only for myself...

Actually, I can't wait to play Dreadnoughts at War. And I do check both sides out every time a new update comes along, and I have PM'd you feedback once or twice on that (thank you for the detailed download instructions, by the way. I needed that). As far as actual playtesting is concerned, I haven't been able to spend as much time as I'd like to be able to provide more.

A couple things you might want to consider:
- Have you considered that others may be hanging back, not because the don't want to play or are not interested - but on the contrary - they really want to get into it, and are holding out for the final big update so they won't have to restart and/or adjust their strategies due to the frequent good, quality updates. Especially since you're frequently adding new ships, planes, and land units, which keep making the scenerio better and better?
- Considering its only been 3 days since your last update, and 2 days since you called for feedback, maybe more time is needed to really get a handle on the huge depth of changes that have been made?

You have a real gift for this and I'd hate to see DAW abandoned - its the best thing that's happened to WPO since I bought it a year ago, in my humble opinion. But its ultimately your choice, of course. You've already made a remarkable accomplishment. Considering the size of the WPO community compared to WiTP - personally I think 50 downloads speaks volumes.

By the way, any chance we'll see the Lexington class BCs that were taken out of version 4 restored?

Post #: 14
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/23/2010 7:23:49 PM   
tex

Well said Connfire. And Graham, also keep in mind that out of the five regulars who post here, three are involved in pbem games, while I don´t have WPO on my current computer (but I downloaded DAW nevertheless), and the remaining one is you.
But while I would much prefer you to concentrate your talent on our little niche here, I also can understand that you would be lured to the glamor of WITP. After all, who wouldn´t want a wider appreciation of their work? Still, don´t forget us round these parts, eh? I think 50 downloaders can´t be wrong!

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 15
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/23/2010 8:31:01 PM   
hellfirejet

Hey guys I never said I was not going to continue to upgrade War Plan Orange with new art and stuff,I just said for my next major planned scenario that I was going to do it in the WITP Admirals edition surroundings.

Regards,
Graham.

(in reply to tex)
Post #: 16
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/23/2010 8:46:18 PM   
hellfirejet

As for game play updates I don't envisage making any major changes to what is in place now,apart from new art the scenario plays fine as is, I think what gamers could do is save the scenario in 2 different slots,one for it's current state and one for upgrades as and when they come along.

Regards,
Graham.

Post #: 17
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 7/24/2010 7:41:20 PM   
Connfire

That would make sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Post #: 18
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 1/5/2011 5:07:25 PM   
Huskarl2006

Hi!

I resently downloaded the DAW scenario (the setup version) and I have a some quick questions?

1.Is the scenario playeble in solo, agaist the AI?
2.I see that production is on. Is it working alright?
3.Is there any change in the stock scenarios? Do they function as in stock install?

< Message edited by Huskarl2006 -- 1/5/2011 5:23:57 PM >

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 19
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 1/19/2011 2:21:42 AM   
fmonster

Stupid question,.... where can I download this scenario?

Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War

Post #: 20
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 2/1/2011 7:45:53 PM   
Akmatov

For those of us who just found this, the last post is very relevant.  Where do we download this?

(in reply to fmonster)
Post #: 21
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 2/1/2011 9:52:37 PM   
kirk23

Please download both of these links to Install Dreadnoughts at War scenario + update 7.

It's here War Plan Orange Dreadnoughts at war scenario.Japanese player now has the entire German Highs Seas Fleet on his side + German aircraft,also available are some of the Italian navy to help the Japanese.

http://www.filefront.com/16892921/War%20Plan%20Orange%20Dreadnoughts%20at%20war%20scenario.zip

If you are downloading the above scenario for the first time,please also download the update 7 as well,this will fix some errors,that were in the Dreadnoughts at war scenario thanks

UPDATE 7

http://www.filefront.com/17203614/Dreadnoughts at war update 7.zip

Make it so!

(in reply to Akmatov)
Post #: 22
RE: Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. - 5/28/2011 3:26:54 AM   
fmonster

As you can tell by my last post, I have been gone awhile. Thanks for posting the links. I will try soon.

Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Dreadnoughts at War new scenario. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI