Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/1/2010 9:19:14 PM   
Barleyman

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg
quote:

ORIGINAL: hidden_asbestos
This. This is more like it ! Thanks very much for these fixes, and I hope to see more UI stuff soon!

Please let us know of any specific items you'd like to see

listboxes you can grab from the corner and resize? It's always been my pet hate when programs have listboxes that are basically HUGE (up to 100s of items) but you are stuck to keeping them 1/5th of the screen or even much less. Think tiny windows default dialog boxes here..

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 31
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/1/2010 9:39:30 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

There are quite a few things that would make the game nicer for modding:-

- Option to turn off galactic history (this would also have the effect of always placing a race on it's correct homeworld)
- Ability to change resource names and attributes
- Ability to change tech names and attributes
- Ability to add up to 20 ship families into the mod folder
- Ability to name each ship design specifically for each ship set (if I want to name the Galactic Empires cruiser as a Star Destroyer, then it could be set via the text file)

These would be very nice improvements for modding.

Going to take issues with just a couple of things here, not because they go too far, but because they don't go far enough.

- Option to have more than 20 races, which leads to...
- Option to have 20 or more ship sets
- Option to define new techs
- Option to define new resources

In other words, no real cap on what a modder can do. We can add to in lieu of replacing in game items.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 32
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/1/2010 10:00:17 PM   
Astax

Thanks for fixing zooming issue. That one was a major problem for me. Also the asteroid issue you fixed seemed more like a feature to me!!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 33
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/1/2010 11:35:08 PM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Going to take issues with just a couple of things here, not because they go too far, but because they don't go far enough.

Quite right too, but I was thinking one thing at a time.

All those suggestions are a big +1 from me.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 34
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/2/2010 12:34:20 AM   
mizkif

I've been getting a pretty consistent bug in this version as well as the last. I didn't see it reported yet but I apologize if it was and I didn't notice it.

Any large ship (I think I was noticing it as small as 600 or so) has bugged speed. No matter how it is designed, when it is built it will come out as having either very low or negative maximum speed. They can still use their hyperdrive but they're pretty much useless.

This has been completely consistent across all of my games. I just downloaded the new patch and started a game specifically to test this out, designing a size 1495 capital ship with 173 Vortex Engines and a max speed of 212, yet it ended up with a -6 maximum speed.

Is this a bug or am I overlooking something?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 35
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/3/2010 4:59:21 PM   
taltamir

quote:

Note that there is a change to the new fleet behavior from 1.0.5.6, where refueling/gathering automatically kicked in. Now this behavior is opt-in, i.e. you have to specifically request it by selecting these new mission types (from the pop-up menu or by using the ALT key). See the Improved Fleet Operations notes below for more details.

I looked in the right click menu and I don't see it; as far as I can tell it doesn't exist. Also, auto-fueling is great, and should be an opt-out if anything, rather then opt-in.

The problem was with the need to assemble and refuel every single ship when you ordered an attack. And as far as I can tell, this has been completely resolved by a new feature found in the options>Empire that lets you set "Fleet Attack Settings" where you type a numerical percentage for "first refuel when this percentage of the fleet needs fuel" and "first assemble when this percentage of the fleet is dispersed". You can set it to be "just right", for you. Based on how patient you are.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 36
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/3/2010 5:02:31 PM   
taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: mizkif

I've been getting a pretty consistent bug in this version as well as the last. I didn't see it reported yet but I apologize if it was and I didn't notice it.

Any large ship (I think I was noticing it as small as 600 or so) has bugged speed. No matter how it is designed, when it is built it will come out as having either very low or negative maximum speed. They can still use their hyperdrive but they're pretty much useless.

This has been completely consistent across all of my games. I just downloaded the new patch and started a game specifically to test this out, designing a size 1495 capital ship with 173 Vortex Engines and a max speed of 212, yet it ended up with a -6 maximum speed.

Engines add thrust linearly, size reduces thrust geometrically. Adding engines will add less and less speed, up to the point where they reduce your speed with every engine needed. I think the game should automatically prevent it:
1. When a ship design is confirmed, excess life support and habitation should be automatically trimmed.
2. When a ship design is confirmed, excess engines (that reduce or at least does not increase) speed should automatically be trimmed.
So a 179 engine design should auto remove about 140 engines, or however many it takes to reach the point where an extra engine will not improve speed.

EDIT: It seems I was wrong on several counts:
1. I just added a bunch of engines to a design and I think it was around 150 engines that speed started going down (using the fastest engines).
2. there is indeed a new bug in 1.0.5.7 that makes ships MUCH slower than what their design claims... for example, I designed a capital ship to which I added engines until it had a speed of 60 according to the design menu. However, it travels at a speed of 0. I created a bug report here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2512947&mpage=1&key=�

< Message edited by taltamir -- 7/3/2010 7:06:47 PM >

(in reply to mizkif)
Post #: 37
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/3/2010 5:17:22 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir

quote:

Note that there is a change to the new fleet behavior from 1.0.5.6, where refueling/gathering automatically kicked in. Now this behavior is opt-in, i.e. you have to specifically request it by selecting these new mission types (from the pop-up menu or by using the ALT key). See the Improved Fleet Operations notes below for more details.

I looked in the right click menu and I don't see it; as far as I can tell it doesn't exist. Also, auto-fueling is great, and should be an opt-out if anything, rather then opt-in.

The problem was with the need to assemble and refuel every single ship when you ordered an attack. And as far as I can tell, this has been completely resolved by a new feature found in the options>Empire that lets you set "Fleet Attack Settings" where you type a numerical percentage for "first refuel when this percentage of the fleet needs fuel" and "first assemble when this percentage of the fleet is dispersed". You can set it to be "just right", for you. Based on how patient you are.

Didn't even check that. I geenrally gather to a point and refuel manually before attacking anyway...with multiple fleets so I can hit several enemy planets at one time. So the auto-fuel and gather for attacking hasn't really been an issue for me anyway.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 38
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/3/2010 5:45:57 PM   
taltamir

on further inspection, it isn't a toggle via the right click menu of the ship. Rather, when you right ctrl+click a target your options are "attack" or "assemble and attack".
that is nice; gives just the right amount of control. For undefended defended planets which need to bet taken quickly I give the attack order, for well defended ones "assemble and attack".
I am honestly not sure which of the two should be the default.

btw. just to be clear, this is FLEET behavior, right? We wont have ships individually flying into battle with 0 fuel, right? Because a ship without fuel is useless in combat and just goes to its death. What it should do is independently go refueling. Not fly with the fleet into combat while it is out of fuel.

< Message edited by taltamir -- 7/3/2010 5:56:09 PM >

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 39
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/4/2010 1:00:08 PM   
WoodMan

Hi Erik, Elliot & All,

I have a major gripe with the current build of DW, please don't take this the wrong way Elliot, it's a brilliant game, but I think you should sort out this problem either a)before making this beta patch official or b) make the next patch focus entirely on this problem, giving you the ability to launch your current patch and then focus on this big problem.

In both the Beta patches I have yet to be attacked at all.  In the last official patch I was attacked by AI fleets, in one game I was actually eradicated very early on by a huge Haakonish onslaught, and fought a desperate war against some Ikkuro and Attuk at the same time in another game, the Ikkuro attacked me at several locations at once and kept coming relentlessly, the Atuuk instead had one huge fleet I couldn't possibly defeat with my forces, it was all good fun.  But since the two Beta patches I have never been attacked except by pirates.

In my current game (can upload if you wish) the Ackdarian and Boskara have been at war for a long time, I think somewhere between 10 and 20 game years even.  In that time, the Military Strength of the Ackdarian has remained about the same, the Boskara lost around 200, then went back up to stronger than they started.  Neither Empire has gained or lost a colony.  So, I suspect the AI war behaviour is not acting correctly, how can two Empires remain at war so long without actually fighting each other?  This also benefits the Boskara because Ackdarian Democracy has very low tolerance for war weariness, so basically the Boskara are winning even though they are not fighting because of the Ackdarian colonies will be suffering war weariness.

How it should work:  An aggressive Empire such as the Boskara, with a large military power, should declare war on its weaker target, immediately it should send one or several fleets out to invade its enemy, once it has captured its target planets, if it has weakened its enemy military and still remains much more powerful it should "steamroller" onwards invading more colonies.  The weaker defender should be trying to negotiate a truce.  If the Boskara attack fails and they end up with a military power less than the Ackdarian, then the Boskara should try to negotiate a truce.  The Aggressiveness of a race should determine how likely they are to accept a truce.  So, it should be easier for the Boskara to get a truce from the Ackdarian than vice versa.

So, basically what I'm saying is that long wars with no casualties or territory changes on either side should go, and shorter wars with much bigger consequences should be implemented.  If an AI declares war it should actually take action, if its losing it should take action too, like desperately increasing its military and troops, negotiating a truce or bribing allies to fight the aggressor too.

Along the same lines:  In my current game the AI Empires seem to have become stagnant, they have not colonised any new planets for a long time and are all stuck at between 4 and 9 colonies.  I have recently gone into the diplomacy window and traded galaxy maps with the Ackdarians, this revealed that they had discovered 5 or 6 continental planets that they could have colonised.  Also, when in the trading window it appears that they have around 100000 credits in the bank (from clicking over and again on their money for trade until none is left), so why is an Empire with 5 or 6 continental planets in range, plus Ocean planets, and immense treasury, not expanding?  Their military power has stayed about the same too (even though they are in the above mentioned war), its almost like they lost the will to live or something

So, in summary what I'm saying is please, pretty please can you focus on making the AI more adept at running its Empire, both in peaceful expansion and in fighting wars

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 40
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/4/2010 4:26:53 PM   
hewwo

Yeah, I've also seen some inconsistent behaviour with AI. The problem here is probably that the game is just to difficult to balance, expecially AI wise, for a single developer who must also maintain all other aspects AND implement new features. I'm writing my thesis on complex adaptive systems, and this game seems like a perfect example of how difficult it is to manage those.

Here's what I think should happen: make the game very easy to mod. including AI (see for instance the scripted AI in space empires V, or supreme commander). Without many people trying out many different approaches this game will never become completely balanced, especially AI wise! I know it'll be a lot of work but IMHO it's the best way to keep this game going on the long run. Besides. I can wait. There's an upcoming thee-week-hangover once we win the finals in the world cup!

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 41
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/4/2010 4:50:30 PM   
WoodMan

The AI is pretty good at some aspects of the game, it just stagnates after a while, and seemingly whatever change was made between the last official and the beta patches made it a bit less effective at attacking.

What I've seen of the AI so far shows that it can handle the economy pretty well, and establish a starting Empire, but it doesn't know where to go from there.  I'm playing with all starting systems on Trying and the overall planet quality of the galaxy reduced, and the AI is not having money problems, this is a really good sign.  So we can deduce from that that the reason for the AI not progressing is not due to money problems, which I've seen in a fair few other games over the years, it literally just needs a kick in the backside, lol.

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 42
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/4/2010 5:37:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan
In both the Beta patches I have yet to be attacked at all.

Please upload a save - I have not only been attacked but had half my empire conquered by an AI empire in a 1.0.5.7 Beta test game.

The AI is actually far more adept at running its empire now than it was in 1.00 and I've seen AI empires engage in long wars where they do actually eliminate other empires.

I'm interested to see your save file so we can figure out why things are playing out differently for you. One of the main things I change in my settings is that I crank the Aggressiveness up on the Galaxy level and that may be making the difference.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 43
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/4/2010 5:52:28 PM   
tornnight

Seems to me like the aggressiveness slider should dictate how often empires go to war, now how they respond to it.

Once you're at war, an empire should do it's best to win.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 44
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/4/2010 7:06:25 PM   
taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: tornnight

Seems to me like the aggressiveness slider should dictate how often empires go to war, now how they respond to it.

Once you're at war, an empire should do it's best to win.

this is a good point. High agressiveness does not actually make the game more difficult as I initially suspect, it makes races be in constant wars with EVERYONE... which is bankrupting to them, devastates their reputation (and thus morale and income), and does a bunch of other horrible things to them. They also tend to go into multi-front wars that way, instead of focusing on easy conquests.

(in reply to tornnight)
Post #: 45
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/4/2010 10:01:49 PM   
WoodMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

In both the Beta patches I have yet to be attacked at all.

Please upload a save - I have not only been attacked but had half my empire conquered by an AI empire in a 1.0.5.7 Beta test game.

The AI is actually far more adept at running its empire now than it was in 1.00 and I've seen AI empires engage in long wars where they do actually eliminate other empires.

I'm interested to see your save file so we can figure out why things are playing out differently for you. One of the main things I change in my settings is that I crank the Aggressiveness up on the Galaxy level and that may be making the difference.

Regards,

- Erik

Hey Erik,

I'm still in my first long game in 1.0.5.7, which is perhaps why I haven't seen any attacks yet, if you are experiencing attacks in this new Beta then hopefully I will too soon. I have my Save, I will play for another hour or 2 tonight and then upload both saves. From what I've seen over the last hour of play the AI Empires have really remained static, hopefully with two savegames an hour or two apart we might see a difference, if not we have a prime example of the stagnation I was talking about.

I *think* I may have found the reason that the Ackdarian and Boskara aren't invading planets too, I have the tech speed on very slow, and I am at this moment unable to build Troop Carriers or Destroyers because my other techs are too advanced for my current Shipyard, neither of the AI Empires in question have Shipyard tech either (because I've been looking around for it to trade and they don't have it) which means that it might be impossible for them to invade planets! If this is the case, it's the explanation for why there has been very little action and my above complaint about the war between these two is irrelevent. (Sorry I didn't think of this before making my previous post).

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 46
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/4/2010 10:26:37 PM   
DasTactic

I had to concede my latest game against the AI because it conquered my home world early on. Not only did it protect its own world, it landed around 20 troops to take the home planet. This was early on in the game.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 47
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/5/2010 1:02:00 AM   
WoodMan

Okay it seems others are seeing increased activity from the AI in the latest Beta patch.  I played for another hour or more as I said I would and have posted below two saved games, one I saved last night and one I saved after finishing up playing tonight.  If you compare the two you will see all the Empires I had discovered in the first save have not expanded at all by the 2nd save, their colonies remain the same and their military strength is about the same, with a couple of small variations.

However... fleets have been seen moving around now, I've had some come to refuel in my systems, also I have discovered a few new Empires, most have the usual 2-4 colonies, but one Empire is much bigger with 19 colonies and a military twice as strong as mine, so clearly these guys are not having any problems expanding

Of all the new Empires I discovered one has colonized a new planet since I found them, the Naxxilians colonized a large Lost Colony of Humans, this was a smart move, they beat my colony ship there by a matter of minutes.  I'm thinking maybe the reason the AI hasn't colonized the empty planets is that it sees them as no benefit to their economy, because they sure snapped up the human colony fast!

As for the Acdarian/Boskara war, still no territory changes, but there has been some fluctuation in their military strength, the Boskara have grown a fair bit stronger.

I'm sure things will get interesting soon, 4 Empires are repairing the planet destroyer thing at the same time Who gets it when that happens?

Edit: oops forgot the saves, I'm not sure they really tell us much about war, but perhaps about the expansion: http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/5/31/2462189//WoodMans Saves.zip

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 48
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/5/2010 8:33:24 AM   
Elrohir525

Hello Erik and Elliot,

I'm really enjoying the new beta so far, but noted a few problems:
-Ice asteroids are uncolonizable, but still sometimes have ancient ruins on them, making those ruins permanently unavailable
-I've been repeatedly directed by events to the same site but, after multiple trips to said site, there's never anything there (although the blue circles on the target disappear each time after my ship arrives)
-I searched the co-ordinates that are supposed to have the final technological archive of the ancients, but it's empty.  I am getting new events that give directions, but never to that archive that I want

Great work otherwise guys! 

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 49
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/5/2010 9:50:42 AM   
selform

where i can download new patch????? help pleez

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 50
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/5/2010 12:05:09 PM   
Tycow

quote:

ORIGINAL: selform

where i can download new patch????? help pleez

In the very first post in this thread it tells you...

quote:

Here's how to download this update - because it's a public beta, you need to get it from our Members Club. Click on the Members Link in the top nav bar. If you haven't created an account there yet or registered your copy of Distant Worlds, please do so. Once logged in and registered, click on "My Games" then click on the "Private Downloads" link next to Distant Worlds and you will see a link to download the public beta update.

Please note that once this becomes official, it will be available through our normal download and update process (in the Latest Downloads section and through the "Check for Updates" link on your game menu) but we do not like to release public beta updates widely until we are sure they are good to go.

(in reply to selform)
Post #: 51
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/5/2010 11:21:44 PM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: mizkif

Thanks for that report mizkif. I'll take a look and see what's going on there.

(in reply to mizkif)
Post #: 52
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/5/2010 11:25:12 PM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir
btw. just to be clear, this is FLEET behavior, right? We wont have ships individually flying into battle with 0 fuel, right? Because a ship without fuel is useless in combat and just goes to its death. What it should do is independently go refueling. Not fly with the fleet into combat while it is out of fuel.

Yes, this additional refueling/assembling check only applies to fleets, not individual ships.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 53
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/5/2010 11:27:50 PM   
elliotg

quote:

In both the Beta patches I have yet to be attacked at all.  In the last official patch I was attacked by AI fleets, in one game I was actually eradicated very early on by a huge Haakonish onslaught, and fought a desperate war against some Ikkuro and Attuk at the same time in another game, the Ikkuro attacked me at several locations at once and kept coming relentlessly, the Atuuk instead had one huge fleet I couldn't possibly defeat with my forces, it was all good fun.  But since the two Beta patches I have never been attacked except by pirates.

In my current game (can upload if you wish) the Ackdarian and Boskara have been at war for a long time, I think somewhere between 10 and 20 game years even.  In that time, the Military Strength of the Ackdarian has remained about the same, the Boskara lost around 200, then went back up to stronger than they started.  Neither Empire has gained or lost a colony.  So, I suspect the AI war behaviour is not acting correctly, how can two Empires remain at war so long without actually fighting each other?  This also benefits the Boskara because Ackdarian Democracy has very low tolerance for war weariness, so basically the Boskara are winning even though they are not fighting because of the Ackdarian colonies will be suffering war weariness.

Along the same lines:  In my current game the AI Empires seem to have become stagnant, they have not colonised any new planets for a long time and are all stuck at between 4 and 9 colonies.  I have recently gone into the diplomacy window and traded galaxy maps with the Ackdarians, this revealed that they had discovered 5 or 6 continental planets that they could have colonised.  Also, when in the trading window it appears that they have around 100000 credits in the bank (from clicking over and again on their money for trade until none is left), so why is an Empire with 5 or 6 continental planets in range, plus Ocean planets, and immense treasury, not expanding?  Their military power has stayed about the same too (even though they are in the above mentioned war), its almost like they lost the will to live or something

Thanks for that report Woodman, and the savegames which will be invaluable to analyze.

I'll take a look and see if there's anything that might be preventing expansion or that's stalling wars.

Thanks for those savegames!

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 54
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/6/2010 1:08:08 AM   
WoodMan

Hey Elliot thanks for swift reply.  I continued playing for another hour or two (i lose track of time when playing ) and the game has sort of kicked into life now, it's the year xx82 now and the Teekan faction claimed several new planets in a matter of minutes at one point, also the Naxxilians wiped the Shandar off of the map entirely using the Devastation Moon and also colonized a new planet or two. 

Even so, I think in the last official patch the Empires did expand faster, I recall Empires with 20-40 planets around 5 to 10 game years earlier than my current game.  I expected the Empires to be smaller this time around because I reduced the planet quality, but the old 10-40 planets down to 3-9ish is a much bigger drop than I expected.

Sorry to be a major pain, but I uploaded another save in the tech forum from this same game because I got a reproducable (unavoidable it seems) crash possibly caused by a civil war in one of the Empires.  Luckily the save is literally about 30 seconds before the crash occurs, so you might be able to get some use out of it

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 55
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/6/2010 3:49:20 PM   
hewwo

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: hidden_asbestos

This. This is more like it ! Thanks very much for these fixes, and I hope to see more UI stuff soon!

Please let us know of any specific items you'd like to see

Hi Elliot,

Really liking the new improvements! As to UI stuff: In the diplomacy screen (and in general) it is quite difficult to read the numbers because they're writen as 23123542 instead of 23.123.542

Also what really contributes to this game feeling unfinished is the fact that all the dialog screens (e.g. do you want to do this or that? yes/no) are standard windows dialogs! That must be the single biggest immersion killer I've ever seen in a game. Please change!!

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 56
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/8/2010 8:58:51 AM   
Pocus

Hi,

Any ETA for serious modding support (i.e one shipset per race etc.) ?

AGEOD Team

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 57
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/9/2010 5:34:29 AM   
impact

thanks, awesome update. i love the game even more now! :)
i had two issues with construction ships though:
1. i tried building a mining base and my construction ship was attacked and tried to flee. the base then sat there, not fully constructed and i couldn't resume construction (right-click showed no options). had to use the editor to delete it.
2. at one point two of my construction ships running on auto wanted to repair one of my ships. don't know if it was already dead or repaired, but they got stuck in this state. i was able to just give them new orders, so it was no big deal, but i had to notice it first, so they were stuck for like half an hour and my economy almost went down the drain.

sorry, no safe, but if i see it again, i will safe and upload.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 58
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/11/2010 8:24:34 AM   
Wayston

Is the AI's tax policy improved in these patches? In 1.0.4.9 and before I can get negative income that could be solved by the AI cranking up taxes.

(in reply to impact)
Post #: 59
RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! - 7/12/2010 2:14:47 AM   
RViener

Erik, It's about time for the next iteration. Any hints on date and substance?
Bob Viener

(in reply to Wayston)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: New v1.0.5.7 Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI