Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI transports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> AI transports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI transports - 7/8/2010 7:27:57 AM   
clinch

Can anyone explain why this is happening? I am playing Germany and my DAK is pushing out from Benghazi with the support of two motorised infantry divisions and coming into contact with British and Commonwealth forces. My glorious Italian allies hold Tobruk and have had five transports sitting in the harbour there for some time. Why doesn't the AI unload the transports and make use of the troops to give me a helping hand?
Post #: 1
RE: AI transports - 7/9/2010 12:43:37 AM   
Chocolino

The ways of the AI can be mysterious at times....Maybe the AI is concerned about requiring for these additional units more supply via convoy than it can provide (via the STP figure). The STPs can get lost quickly in the presence of a large Allied raider force in the Med. As long as the troops remain in the transports they don't need supplies. But I am just speculating on the reasons for not unloading.

Also (sorry if the following is too obvious) check that the hexes immediately surrounding Tobruk are not occupied by your own forces. That would prevent any unloading of transports by the AI.

(in reply to clinch)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> AI transports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI