Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool points combined?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool points combined? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool points... - 7/15/2010 12:35:12 PM   
DasHoff

also, do groups get extra BG/formation force pool points each day or turn, or are they stuck with what they've got? because i lost a command cromwell early on, and its midway through day 2 and i haven't gotten any new points with which to purchase a new tank...

< Message edited by DasHoff -- 7/15/2010 12:36:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool po... - 7/15/2010 7:13:55 PM   
RD Oddball

This really explains it best Hoff: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2520469

(in reply to DasHoff)
Post #: 2
RE: when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool po... - 7/15/2010 11:32:21 PM   
DasHoff

thanks, that helps a lot. but what about merging? because i merged 2 units up near arnhem, and it doesn't appear to have combined the BG force pool points... if so this could be a game breaking move. maybe i have to wait a day?

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 3
RE: when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool po... - 7/16/2010 2:01:23 AM   
jomni

The manual has some details.  I don't remember them exactly but there are some nuances to the merging procedure.

(in reply to DasHoff)
Post #: 4
RE: when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool po... - 7/16/2010 2:48:21 AM   
DasHoff

i looked, and it doesn't say... my opponent is also raging, because he merged a 2 small units (one had scout cars) and now it appears he's lost his scout cars, rofl

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 5
RE: when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool po... - 7/16/2010 2:59:46 AM   
SteveMcClaire

When you merge two battle groups, the active teams and the force pool teams of the smaller battle group go into the force pool of the larger battle group.  The size of the single remaining battle group is recalculated, along with the number of purchase points it gets over time.

So if the battle group that had the armored car(s) merged into a larger battle group, the armored cars should be in the force pool, but they won't be active teams unless / until you purchase one.

(in reply to DasHoff)
Post #: 6
RE: when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool po... - 7/18/2010 2:29:06 PM   
SkyStrike

Right now without a miraculous patch, merging any crappy or good battle groups would be the most unbeneficial thing to do. You lose the troops into the forcepool with little or no compensation in points.

If you merge battlegroups this happens:

-you lose other battlegroup
-you will have a lesser maximum number of teams than you would with 2 BGs.
-you lose the units of the smaller BG to the forcepool.
-even an elite SS BG will merge to an reservist BG if it is smaller.
-you get no or very little points in return of the merge
-you would have to BUY back the merged teams from the force pool, with points that you dont have!

JUST PLAIN RIDICULOUS REALLY..

This is what should happen with a patch hopefully:

-when BGs are merged you always merge the less experienced troops to a more elite troop, f.e. to SS.
-you would get full open roster
-any teams merged would be directly transferred OR you would get them as FREE troops to the force pool OR you would get 100% of the original requisition points for the new BG to re-purchase them (NOT the halved amount of points)

NOW WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING?

If these changes are not implemented with the new patch, then merging anything is NOT RECOMMENDED.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 7
RE: when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool po... - 7/18/2010 2:40:13 PM   
GS_Schimpf

I think SkyStrike has a good point here. As it is now, merging is rather detrimental to your efforts. I also second changes to the merging system to make it more useful on the strategic layer.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> when 2 units are merged, are their BG force pool points combined? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI