Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from the Bu... - 7/19/2010 2:54:12 AM   
SeanD

Report for duty at Division CP – a free playable demo for Battles from the Bulge has arrived!

Matrix Games and Panther Games (www.panthergames.com) are thrilled to release a free playable demo for the critically acclaimed WWII strategy game, Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge. The demo includes the fictional scenario called “Return to St. Vith” which depicts Patton’s 4th Armored Division launching a fierce counteroffensive behind enemy lines to cut off the supply route for German units still in the Bulge.

The demo is available is available from the game’s downloads page.

You can also find some tutorial videos to help you out: Getting Started, Game Concepts, and Assess, Plan, and Order.

Battles from the Bulge has seen some impressive critical reaction since its release, scoring a 9 out of 10 on Eurogamer.dk, winning a Silver Award from Gamer’s Hall, and taking home a perfect score of 8 from Out of Eight!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Critics and gamers alike have poured on the praise since the release of Battles from the Bulge. We believe that the unparalleled historical realism and playability found in Battles from the Bulge speaks so loudly for itself that releasing a demo makes perfect sense!”

Assess, Plan, Order and React – The Decisions are Yours!

Acclaimed developer Panther Games brings us to the bitter cold of Western Europe during the Winter of 1944 with Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge. Although the Battle of the Bulge is ground that has been visited by wargamers before, it has never been done with this level of fidelity and historical accuracy. The most advanced and realistic model of command decision-making implemented to date in a commercial wargame, combined with thorough historical research on the battlefields and forces involved in this campaign sets Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge apart from the competition.

Set during the hard fighting of the Battle of the Bulge, Command Ops lets gamers assess, plan, order and react at the operational level just like a real Corps, Division and Brigade commander. Hundreds of hours of gameplay await armchair generals who will be challenged to fight their way across 27 scenarios that stretch from the initial German surprise offensive to the powerful Allied counter-attack.

Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge also sports some of the most advanced and impressive AI ever devised in an operational-level wargame! It is your choice whether to manage every detail of your army, or have the friendly AI manage the war on a lower level while you plan the larger scale maneuvers designed to make short work of your enemy. Just as a historical commander, you can choose where you need to step in and when you need to stand back and let your subordinates do their jobs.

The enemy AI will use its skill to launch well-timed and coordinated strikes as it probes your lines for weakness while realistically reacting to your movements! In addition, for the enthusiastic mod community awaiting Command Ops, powerful tools like MapMaker and ScenMaker allow for the creation of maps and scenarios further adding to already near limitless replayability.

Get more information on Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge from its official product page and be sure to download and play the demo!

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 7/21/2010 9:44:15 PM   
RangerX3X

After installing the demo and attempting to run the game Norton Security Suite stops the process cold and deletes the executable. The demo cannot be played. Anyone else run into this?

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 7/21/2010 9:51:40 PM   
oldspec4

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

After installing the demo and attempting to run the game Norton Security Suite stops the process cold and deletes the executable. The demo cannot be played. Anyone else run into this?

Yep...my Norton also did same (as it has done on some other games). But Norton also lets you override the deletion/security setting and restore the .exe. No problem.

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 3
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 7/21/2010 10:05:02 PM   
RangerX3X

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

Yep...my Norton also did same (as it has done on some other games). But Norton also lets you override the deletion/security setting and restore the .exe. No problem.

Mine does not - it deletes the .exe and there is no option to restore it. Yes, problem.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 4
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 7/21/2010 10:19:13 PM   
htuna

I was able to go into the Quarantine section of Norton and undelete it and also say that it was an ok exe... it ran fine after that..

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 5
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 7/21/2010 10:20:31 PM   
oldspec4

I have Norton Internet Security 2010. Initially there is a popup saying the .exe is deleted. If you click on the details of the popup, Norton (2010) lets you restore the file; and also allows you to disable Norton from scanning and deleting the .exe in the future.

Or, you can locate in the quarantine section as noted above.

< Message edited by oldspec4 -- 7/21/2010 10:21:06 PM >

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 6
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 7/21/2010 11:55:12 PM   
RangerX3X

Got it working thanks...

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 7
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 1/22/2011 11:03:01 PM   
elmo3

Never mind.

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 1/23/2011 12:05:17 AM >

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 8
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 1/29/2012 4:35:23 AM   
Arjuna

bump

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 9
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 2/16/2012 4:30:36 AM   
Canuck_jp

Glad to see this game got a demo! I'm a little behind the times!

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 10
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 4/26/2012 3:15:33 AM   
Carolie04

I was able to go into the Quarantine section of Norton and undelete it and also say that it was an ok exe

(in reply to Canuck_jp)
Post #: 11
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 11/5/2013 9:53:21 AM   
No idea

I cant make the demo work (by the way, I also have Norton). I disabled the antivirus (or so I hope) but as soon as I click Start a New Game at the main screen menu I get a CTD.

(in reply to Carolie04)
Post #: 12
RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from th... - 11/5/2013 9:55:19 AM   
No idea

This is the error I get

Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
Nombre de la aplicación: CmdOps.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 4c39abff
Nombre del módulo con errores: CmdOps.exe
Versión del módulo con errores: 0.0.0.0
Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4c39abff
Código de excepción: c0000005
Desplazamiento de excepción: 00063838
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Id. de configuración regional: 3082
Información adicional 1: 0a9e
Información adicional 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Información adicional 3: 0a9e
Información adicional 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI