Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor question: First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Editor question: First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor question: First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox - 7/28/2010 2:29:38 PM   
Moss Orleni

I have a couple of questions on the functionality of the First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox in the Editor's Task Force screen.

During the (non-historical) first turn, will TFs that have this box checked still benefit from the movement bonus if:

1. the TF's composition is changed during the 1st turn, ie ships have been added or removed?
2. the TF's destination is changed?
3. the TF's mission is changed?
4. any other parameter in the TF screen is changed?

Based on what I read in the original manual, is it (still) correct to say that for a TF with this box checked:

5. its first turn movement allowance is its normal/cruise speed (as indicated on the TF screen) times 20? Example: a TF with cruise speed 15 can move 4x20 = 80 hexes per 12-hour cycle?
6. the endurance used during the first turn by ships in that TF is maximum 3 times 40 (40 is the endurance spent for moving one hex at normal/cruise speed)?
7. switching it to Full Speed has any impact on distance travelled and endurance spent?

And a related question (never found this in the manual, but read it on the forum somewhere):

8. is there still a loading bonus or insta-load for Japanese LCUs being loaded on the first turn? If so, are they able to both load and move in that first turn?

Usually, I try to test all this myself before posting, but replaying the 1st turn after each change gets a bit tedious after a while . So, if anybody would care to share their experiences/observations/knowledge...
Thanks & cheers,

Moss
Post #: 1
RE: Editor question: First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox - 7/28/2010 7:00:52 PM   
Whisper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni
I have a couple of questions on the functionality of the First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox in the Editor's Task Force screen.

During the (non-historical) first turn, will TFs that have this box checked still benefit from the movement bonus if:

1. the TF's composition is changed during the 1st turn, ie ships have been added or removed?
2. the TF's destination is changed?
3. the TF's mission is changed?
4. any other parameter in the TF screen is changed?

Yes.
quote:

Based on what I read in the original manual, is it (still) correct to say that for a TF with this box checked:

5. its first turn movement allowance is its normal/cruise speed (as indicated on the TF screen) times 20? Example: a TF with cruise speed 15 can move 4x20 = 80 hexes per 12-hour cycle?
6. the endurance used during the first turn by ships in that TF is maximum 3 times 40 (40 is the endurance spent for moving one hex at normal/cruise speed)?
7. switching it to Full Speed has any impact on distance travelled and endurance spent?

No. The first turn magic move puts a TF in the designated hex at turn execution. It does not care how the TF got there.
quote:

And a related question (never found this in the manual, but read it on the forum somewhere):

8. is there still a loading bonus or insta-load for Japanese LCUs being loaded on the first turn? If so, are they able to both load and move in that first turn?

Yes.
quote:

Usually, I try to test all this myself before posting, but replaying the 1st turn after each change gets a bit tedious after a while . So, if anybody would care to share their experiences/observations/knowledge...
Thanks & cheers,

Moss

You are welcome & cheers.

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor question: First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox - 7/28/2010 7:02:44 PM   
Moss Orleni

Concise and to the point... thx,

Moss

(in reply to Whisper)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor question: First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox - 8/1/2010 12:26:29 AM   
topeverest

In Mod's you can create as many first turn movement bonus TF's as you like in the editor, including changing non to bonus TF's and moving ships in and out of these bonus TF's. Inside a game, you cannot create them by splitting TF's, but I have succeeded in moving ships in and out of said TF's.

8. I believe the non-bonus (non-*) TF's have limits to their first turn load capacities in non-hsitorical first turn surprise situations, but I haven't tested it.

Andy M

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Editor question: First Turn Movement Bonus checkbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI