Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Naval Bombardment rules as per last patch release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> New Naval Bombardment rules as per last patch release Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Naval Bombardment rules as per last patch release - 7/28/2010 7:38:23 PM   
findmeifyoucan

Can someone expain to me how these new rules work now. What is the best range in attacking land, air bases or Naval bases. How do you know what ranges your DD, CA, BB ships are respectively. What is the best range if you just want to hit the Air Base or Naval base? Can I bombard just the CD units with my BB's at a certain range without fear of counter attack. Is attacking at 0 k range the best range to inflict maximum damage on the Land units? If I want to devote most of my bombardment against the Air Base do I need to set minimum range at let's say 5k for example?

Is their an addendum published to explain these new rules on bombardment just put into effect by Patch #4??

Signed Confused :-(
Post #: 1
RE: New Naval Bombardment rules as per last patch release - 7/29/2010 12:34:31 PM   
Schatten

i think there is no real difference to bevore except you can set minimum range so you may shoot with you heavy BS Guns and not go into range of Costal Batteries if they have only Guns with lower range

(in reply to findmeifyoucan)
Post #: 2
RE: New Naval Bombardment rules as per last patch release - 7/29/2010 2:28:29 PM   
findmeifyoucan

Well, it seems I am engaging a lot more with land forces now and not so much bases. Then again maybe it is because I have set minimum range to 0? How do you know what ranges CD units have?

(in reply to Schatten)
Post #: 3
RE: New Naval Bombardment rules as per last patch release - 7/29/2010 7:47:18 PM   
pmath

Look up ranges for guns on the ship display, there is a toggle for shore guns that will provide range

(in reply to findmeifyoucan)
Post #: 4
RE: New Naval Bombardment rules as per last patch release - 7/29/2010 8:39:00 PM   
John Lansford

Basically, the bigger the gun the longer the range, and similar sized weapons have about the same range.  So, if you know that a particular fortress has only 6" guns, you could send in BB's and CA's and bombard them out of range of the CD weapons.  If you want to bombard a base like Pearl Harbor or Singapore, though, you'll need to eat the shells the defenses are going to fire at you.

(in reply to pmath)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> New Naval Bombardment rules as per last patch release Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI