Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  134 135 [136] 137 138   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 12:33:45 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Congratulate me! I am the newest owner of AE. Might be a happy owner too if I can get it to run under VMWare.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It really is a fantastic update to an amazing game. Congrats, Yuri!

It definitely looks great after a few turns.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 4051
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 12:34:07 PM   
Grollub

quote:

Morning tithe.

Good morning. So, have you lost your CVs yet?

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 4052
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 12:35:21 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott1964

One for the road

The Kremlin File (US 1973 UK 1976)

The military dictator of a small Caribbean island is killed in a airplane crash and frantic scramble to fill the power vacuum begins. Nick must restore the former president before the Russians can set up their missiles.

The Spanish Connection (US 1973 UK 1976) Written by Bruce Cassiday

Corelli has been controlling the international drug chain from Corsica for years. But when the Mob finds out their profits are declining and Corelli's increases, Correlli runs for it. If the US can get to Correlli first then the drug chain will drop in their lap. Nick must stalk a man he has never seen, an unphotographed killer running for his life.

Ooooh! Kremlin's cute.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 4053
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 12:36:22 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

quote:

Yes, yes, the Shinano is a waste of resources, the Bismark was scuttled and the Sherman as the greatest tank of WW2.

and the french have the best wine !!

(trying to smile with one of Yuri's joke)

The women arnt bad either. I'll pass on the cheese.

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 4054
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 12:37:41 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

Congratulate me! I am the newest owner of AE.

Welcome to the party, pal!

Thank you amigo.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4055
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 12:38:53 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

I tweaked the delay a bit this time around. Slowed down some of the interesting stuff like air vs naval. Still working on port attack delays. Will do better next replay.

Imperial air assets are rockin and rollin!

I did notice the slight delay changes and approve. I strongly disapprove of the atrocities committed by the Imperial air assets! Don't they know they are supposed to die in glory for the emperor?

I think the delay he's trying to tweak is how many years from now his air assets die for the Emperor.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 4056
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 1:03:52 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I tweaked the delay a bit this time around. Slowed down some of the interesting stuff like air vs naval. Still working on port attack delays. Will do better next replay.

Imperial air assets are rockin and rollin!

I did notice the slight delay changes and approve. I strongly disapprove of the atrocities committed by the Imperial air assets! Don't they know they are supposed to die in glory for the emperor?

I think the delay he's trying to tweak is how many years from now his air assets die for the Emperor.

I assume you mean immortalized in the pantheons of our national heroes in their quest for a greater co-East Asia Prosperity Sphere (cEAPS)? Or some such?...

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 10/14/2010 1:04:24 PM >

Post #: 4057
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 1:04:51 PM   
Chickenboy

Good morning, THREAD dudes.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4058
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 1:42:51 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Eeeeeeeeeek!

quote:

McDonald’s Hamburgers: Almost Entirely Indestructible

Left: Day 1. Right: Day 137. Terrifying.

In the name of both art and science, New York photographer Sally Davies decided to buy a hamburger happy meal from McDonald's, set it out on a table, and take a picture of it every day until it disintegrated. That was 137 days ago and the end is nowhere near: The fries look as fresh as the day they came out of the fryer, and the burger — minus a little patty shrinkage — is virtually unchanged. Davies plans to keep going with the project until something happens, but she'd better be ready for a long haul: A twelve-year-old McD's burger surfaced a few years ago looking shockingly well-preserved. If you find yourself in possession of a fast-food hamburger and eating it (or trashing it) isn't an option, there's always the scientific method.

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4059
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 1:48:03 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

More...

quote:

You want flies with that? McDonald's Happy Meal shows no sign of decomposing after SIX MONTHS

by DailyMail UK

Looking almost as fresh as the day it was bought, this McDonald's Happy Meal is in fact a staggering six months old.

Photographed every day for the past half a year by Manhattan artist Sally Davies the kids meal of fries and burger is without a hint of mould or decay.

In a work entitled The Happy Meal Project, Mrs Davies, 54, has charted the seemingly indestructible fast food meals progress as it refuses to yield to the forces of nature.

Fresh: The Happy Meal on the day it was bought by artist Sally Davies in New York:

Tasty: Looking a little dry and with an 'acrylic sheen', but the burger has no signs of mould - not even on the bun:

Sitting on a shelf in her apartment, Sally has watched the Happy Meal with increasing shock and even her dogs have resisted the urge to try and steal a free tasty snack.

'I bought the meal on April 10 of this year and brought it home with the express intention of leaving it out to see how it fared,' she said.

'I chose McDonald's because it was nearest to my house, but the project could have been about any other of the myriad of fast food joints in New York.

'The first thing that struck me on day two of the experiment was that it no longer emitted any smell.

'And then the second point of note was that on the second day, my dogs stopped circling the shelf it was sitting on trying to see what was up there.'

Fast food: Five months into the experiment, and although the burger patty has shrunk a bit it doesn't look that different to the original:

Worrying: More than three months in and the usual effects of time appear to have had no impact:

Expecting the food to begin moulding after a few days, Mrs Davies' surprise turned to shock as the fries and burger still had not shown any signs of decomposition after two weeks.

'It was then that I realised that something strange might be going on with this food that I had bought,' she explained.

'The fries shrivelled slightly as did the burger patty, but the overall appearance of the food did not change as the weeks turned to months.

'And now, at six months old, the food is plastic to the touch and has an acrylic sheen to it.

'The only change that I can see is that it has become hard as a rock.'

Even though she is a vegan, Mrs Davies' experiment has brought her amusement rather than fear.

'I don't really see this experiment as scary, I see it almost as an amusement,' she said.

'Although, I would be frightened at seeing this if I was a meat eater. Why hasn't even the bun become speckled with mould? It is odd.'

When asked if their food was not biodegradable, McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said: 'This is nothing more than an outlandish claim and is completely false.'

It comes after Denver grandmother Joann Bruso left a Happy Meal to decay for a year until March to highlight the nutritional dangers of fast food.

Morgan Spurlock also made the film Super Size Me in 2004 charting the changes to his body eating just fast food for 28 days had.

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 4060
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 1:57:20 PM   
sprior

Which just goes to show you how tough the human digestive tract is.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 4061
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 2:27:56 PM   
thegreatwent

Hmmmm.... So if I eat McD's I'll become immortal...

Tithe

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4062
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 2:29:17 PM   
Mynok

In the zombie sense, yes......

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 4063
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 2:56:38 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Time to go home after work tithe...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4064
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 3:12:56 PM   
Terminus

quote:

Including the craving for braaaaaains...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4065
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 4:02:27 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

More...

quote:

You want flies with that? McDonald's Happy Meal shows no sign of decomposing after SIX MONTHS

by DailyMail UK

Looking almost as fresh as the day it was bought, this McDonald's Happy Meal is in fact a staggering six months old.

Photographed every day for the past half a year by Manhattan artist Sally Davies the kids meal of fries and burger is without a hint of mould or decay.

In a work entitled The Happy Meal Project, Mrs Davies, 54, has charted the seemingly indestructible fast food meals progress as it refuses to yield to the forces of nature.

Fresh: The Happy Meal on the day it was bought by artist Sally Davies in New York:

Tasty: Looking a little dry and with an 'acrylic sheen', but the burger has no signs of mould - not even on the bun:

Sitting on a shelf in her apartment, Sally has watched the Happy Meal with increasing shock and even her dogs have resisted the urge to try and steal a free tasty snack.

'I bought the meal on April 10 of this year and brought it home with the express intention of leaving it out to see how it fared,' she said.

'I chose McDonald's because it was nearest to my house, but the project could have been about any other of the myriad of fast food joints in New York.

'The first thing that struck me on day two of the experiment was that it no longer emitted any smell.

'And then the second point of note was that on the second day, my dogs stopped circling the shelf it was sitting on trying to see what was up there.'

Fast food: Five months into the experiment, and although the burger patty has shrunk a bit it doesn't look that different to the original:

Worrying: More than three months in and the usual effects of time appear to have had no impact:

Expecting the food to begin moulding after a few days, Mrs Davies' surprise turned to shock as the fries and burger still had not shown any signs of decomposition after two weeks.

'It was then that I realised that something strange might be going on with this food that I had bought,' she explained.

'The fries shrivelled slightly as did the burger patty, but the overall appearance of the food did not change as the weeks turned to months.

'And now, at six months old, the food is plastic to the touch and has an acrylic sheen to it.

'The only change that I can see is that it has become hard as a rock.'

Even though she is a vegan, Mrs Davies' experiment has brought her amusement rather than fear.

'I don't really see this experiment as scary, I see it almost as an amusement,' she said.

'Although, I would be frightened at seeing this if I was a meat eater. Why hasn't even the bun become speckled with mould? It is odd.'

When asked if their food was not biodegradable, McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said: 'This is nothing more than an outlandish claim and is completely false.'

It comes after Denver grandmother Joann Bruso left a Happy Meal to decay for a year until March to highlight the nutritional dangers of fast food.

Morgan Spurlock also made the film Super Size Me in 2004 charting the changes to his body eating just fast food for 28 days had.

Leo "Apollo11"

I suspect foul play afoot. I'd like to know more about her experimental 'set up' on her shelf. I can't believe that there wouldn't have been more dust or mold on something with access to the air or dog hair. Think maybe some vegan brainwashing mischief?

"Brainwashing..."? Hmm....BRAINS!

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 4066
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 5:54:59 PM   
Onime No Kyo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101014/ap_on_hi_te/eu_britain_tweet_police

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4067
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 5:59:34 PM   
thegreatwent

Well, I'm prepared for zombiehood. Calf brains can be tasty, Mexican dishes especially. The brains I had in Bulgaria left a little to be desired, needed to be spiced more heavily. Still not to bad, its a shame Americans are so squeamish about some foods. We will eat fast food but avoid Steak Tartar.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4068
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 6:04:56 PM   
Onime No Kyo

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/13/2010-10-13_mystery_shiny_objects_floating_over_manhattan_spark_ufo_frenzy.html

Mynok, knock it off! This city is nuts enough already.

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 4069
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 6:29:33 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Must be part of phase 2.

Post #: 4070
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 6:41:46 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Come to think of it. You buying AE and this happening can't be coincidental.

Post #: 4071
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 6:53:42 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/13/2010-10-13_mystery_shiny_objects_floating_over_manhattan_spark_ufo_frenzy.html

I'm not Mynok's press agent, but I play an unauthorized one on THE THREAD. My response is as follows:

"Move along, nothing to see here. It's clearly some atmospheric phenomenon with swamp gas reflecting off of low clouds. All is well. Please return to your domiciles and await further instructions."

Post #: 4072
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 6:54:07 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

Must be part of phase 2.

Is this before or after the anal probes?

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 4073
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 6:57:13 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

Including the craving for braaaaaains...

My kids decided what they wanted to be for halloween this year. My 6.5 YO son wants to be a robot dinosaur. My 3.5 YO daughter wants to be a zombie. I don't know where she got the idea. I admit, it is cute for her to make a 'zombie face' and mispronounce 'bwains'. That'll be her mantra as we go door to door. A zombie with pigtails. Yep.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4074
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 7:08:29 PM   
Terminus

Just finished Medal of Honor. Yep, the single player campaign can be completed in a little over 4 hours. Oh well, Call of Duty: Black Ops is coming soon...

A reviewer complained that Medal of Honor was "beige and grey". Has he looked at footage of Afghanistan lately? Beige and grey is what that place does!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4075
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 7:12:03 PM   
Chickenboy

EA's stock has taken a hit lately from poor reviews of MOH. What was your take on value proposition as well as the overall game?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4076
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 7:22:41 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

EA's stock has taken a hit lately from poor reviews of MOH. What was your take on value proposition as well as the overall game?

I'm not sure what "value proposition" means, but the overall game is of uneven quality with graphics that could and should be done better at the dawn of the second decade of the 21st century. The sounds are not very interesting either. There's plenty of things to shoot, but it's not very satisfactory when you hit something. Obviously, the single-player campaign is MUCH too short.

The reviewer I mentioned above gave it 75%. I'd probably knock about 5-10% off that score.

< Message edited by Terminus -- 10/14/2010 7:23:08 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4077
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 7:32:18 PM   
Mynok

quote:

Those aren't our ships.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 4078
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 9:36:09 PM   
sprior

Wot, no turns?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4079
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 10/14/2010 9:52:07 PM   
Mynok

A stiff gin will ease those shakes......

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4080
Page:   <<   < prev  134 135 [136] 137 138   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  134 135 [136] 137 138   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI