Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 4:06:02 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Speaking of marriage, a colleague of mine just got engaged to her boyfriend, who's a librarian by training but is currently studying to become a primary school teacher.

I like this girl, so I haven't the heart to tell her that I think she could do better than this double whammy of boredom. A librarian AND a teacher? A Teacharian?

He supposedly scuba dives, but I'm pretty sure that's not enough to cancel out the boringness...

So apparently, you are an action super hero with a kung-fu grip, unlike the rest of us schmucks who just barely have enough time for work/school, spending time with our significant others and kids if we have any and maybe, MAYBE an hour to devote to whatever small and probably inexpensive hobby our time and money budgets allow.

Touch a nerve, did I?

No, you said something monumentally stupid that I felt required another perspective.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1951
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 4:12:21 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Speaking of marriage, a colleague of mine just got engaged to her boyfriend, who's a librarian by training but is currently studying to become a primary school teacher.

I like this girl, so I haven't the heart to tell her that I think she could do better than this double whammy of boredom. A librarian AND a teacher? A Teacharian?

He supposedly scuba dives, but I'm pretty sure that's not enough to cancel out the boringness...

So apparently, you are an action super hero with a kung-fu grip, unlike the rest of us schmucks who just barely have enough time for work/school, spending time with our significant others and kids if we have any and maybe, MAYBE an hour to devote to whatever small and probably inexpensive hobby our time and money budgets allow.

Touch a nerve, did I?

No, you said something monumentally stupid that I felt required another perspective.

Now Now boys, go to your corners! If you can't talk nicely to each other , I'll have seperate you!

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1952
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 4:18:16 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Touch a nerve, did I?

And what perspective is that? The "T-is-generalizing-about-all-librarians-and-teachers-shame-on-him" perspective, or the perspective where you know nothing about the situation at all, but still comment about it. As far as I know, you're not the man in question, nor are you a teacher or librarian, so what's it to you?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 1953
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 4:32:07 PM   
Chickenboy

My only comment on this whole disagreement:

Can we please have more of those Octoberfest pictures? Wow!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1954
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 4:43:51 PM   
scott64

Attachment (1)

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1955
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 4:46:13 PM   
scott64

Attachment (1)

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 1956
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 4:56:10 PM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

I like her, but not like that. We're basically incompatible, and I saw that before she got engaged to Boring Q. McDull...

Sounds like his parents didn't like him much either Strange that a Dane would have a surname that appears to be Scottish in origin

At least you realise you can't say anything. Either she likes Captain Snoozefest and the exciting life of alphabetically organised books (by author, in sub-categories) in her home or she'll find out for herself how dull he is. Either way if you mentioned anything you'd be in so much trouble and she'd probably never talk to you again.

Plenty more fish in the sea old boy, and some of them will even put-up (not like though, that's too much to expect) your toe...

When T posted those pictures of his bookshelf it was as described above...

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 1957
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 4:57:42 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Touch a nerve, did I?

And what perspective is that? The "T-is-generalizing-about-all-librarians-and-teachers-shame-on-him" perspective, or the perspective where you know nothing about the situation at all, but still comment about it. As far as I know, you're not the man in question, nor are you a teacher or librarian, so what's it to you?

If you had said "I have met the man, and he cannot hold a conversation on any topic other than cataloging books, and its painful to see how bored she is with him" that would have been a different scenario. But you didnt (and as far as I can tell, havent). What that tells me is that you are talking sh*t on an internet forum about a guy you dont know for the simple reason that some girl is going to marry him and wont give you the time of day, which rankles your silly little ego. Then you tell me to mind my own business because I dont know the people in question, which is a p*ss-poor excuse for shooting your mouth off. To me, thats the thought process and actions of a very small man. And what pissed me off is that no one called you on it.

Now if you feel that you have a legitimate point to make and want to continue this via PM, feel free. But I bet you wont....

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1958
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 5:01:51 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Touch a nerve, did I?

Go to your happy place T! Or your room. I'll send Yuri to his! Don't make me stop this Thread!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1959
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 5:02:20 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Touch a nerve, did I?

If you had said "I have met the man, and he cannot hold a conversation on any topic other than cataloging books, and its painful to see how bored she is with him" that would have been a different scenario. But you didnt (and as far as I can tell, havent). What that tells me is that you are talking sh*t on an internet forum about a guy you dont know for the simple reason that some girl is going to marry him and wont give you the time of day, which rankles your silly little ego. Then you tell me to mind my own business because I dont know the people in question, which is a p*ss-poor excuse for shooting your mouth off. To me, thats the thought process and actions of a very small man. And what pissed me off is that no one called you on it.

Now if you feel that you have a legitimate point to make and want to continue this via PM, feel free. But I bet you wont....

Go to your happy place Yuri! Or your room. I'll send T to his! Don't make me stop this Thread!

Post #: 1960
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 5:03:58 PM   
AW1Steve

Now children PLAY NICE!!!! I want you all to sing Kumbai!! Or give pea's a chance!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 1961
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 5:31:22 PM   
scott64

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

... and, to celebrate another anniversary:

Happy birthday scott1964!!

Thanks, received a phone call from my niece and it is snowing in Wyoming.

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 1962
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 6:01:52 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Now children PLAY NICE!!!! I want you all to sing Kumbai!! Or give pea's a chance!

He'll bang your heads together

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 1963
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 6:23:52 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

He'll bang your heads together

YOU REALLY DO UNDERSTAND ME, don't you Dixie!

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 1964
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 7:08:44 PM   
Terminus

The thing is, I HAVE met him. Many years ago, before she met him, I had a filing job at the local library, when he came to work there straight out of librarian school.

Again, Onime, why are you the only one to be so deeply offended? Nobody else lost any time to have some fun at my expense or offer "advice" on my love life. You know nothing about the situation beyond what I've posted, and I really fail to see what you're getting so worked up about.

It's not the first time you've blown up over something innocuous on this forum. Why IS that, I wonder...

Post #: 1965
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 7:18:58 PM   
Onime No Kyo

I'm not offended, it annoyed me that you can sit there and piss about someone behind their back like a coward There is a difference. Now if you have something to say about me, why don't you come out and say it instead of "wondering" like a prissy little darling.

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 9/18/2010 7:20:23 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1966
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 8:11:02 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aces8

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Not really up yet, just making coffee for my wife before her work - Tithe. 

Your a good man

Thanks, Joe, but I have a good wife who makes it easy to do things for her.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 1967
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 8:13:03 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aces8

quote:

He's a whiner, too. She's told me that he's woken her up more than once in the middle of the night to talk about how badly he feels about not bringing home more money to their household while he's studying. Gaah...

WOW the more you describe this guy the more I dislike him in spite of the fact that a ocean separates us he sounds like a real DB ugh what a wimp tell him to man up.

Was that sarcasm? My sarcasmometer is on the fritz...

I can't speak for Per, but my impression is that he feels the same as you (and me) about this loser. Pretty sure the DB was for "douche bag."

Mike

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1968
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 8:14:47 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Since YOU are not the one proposing marriage to him, I'd write this one off under the mantle of 'different strokes for different folks'. Unless he was outwardly malicious, dishonest or cruel, it's best just let go. She may see something in the guy that you've got no idea about, T.

Plus, need I remind you that, in 80s music videos that the librarians were always the hottest chicks? Perhaps there's some carry over to the other sex?

Well, if you absolutely insist on being mature about it...

Mike

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1969
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 8:16:51 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

Hear, hear!

Mike

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 1970
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 8:20:19 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

Give pea's a chance??? LMAO!

Mike

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 1971
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 8:27:41 PM   
Chickenboy

I'm wondering what we have to do to get more Octoberfest pictures?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 1972
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 8:30:06 PM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

Google it!

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1973
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 8:52:48 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 1974
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 9:57:45 PM   
Terminus

quote:

I'm not offended, it annoyed me that you can sit there and piss about someone behind their back like a coward There is a difference. Now if you have something to say about me, why don't you come out and say it instead of "wondering" like a prissy little darling.

What's it to you? Why do you care two bags of small potatoes? I made a comment about somebody you do not know, somebody you will never meet, and you act like I've accused you of molesting children. Why the hell do you care?

Post #: 1975
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 10:09:52 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

What's it to you? Why do you care two bags of small potatoes? I made a comment about somebody you do not know, somebody you will never meet, and you act like I've accused you of molesting children. Why the hell do you care?

Time to leave this subject guys, for the benefit of everyone here None of us want to see you two arguing in public. Either agree to disagree again, or argue quietly before Steve gets involved further in his role as chaser of lost causes...

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1976
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 10:19:58 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Hear, hear!

Happy birthday Scott!!!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 1977
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 10:21:17 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

Time to leave this subject guys, for the benefit of everyone here None of us want to see you two arguing in public. Either agree to disagree again, or argue quietly before Steve gets involved further in his role as chaser of lost causes...

You say that like it's a bad thing? You don't think they want me sticking my long nose into their buisness?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 1978
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 10:21:33 PM   
VSWG

quote:

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1979
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/18/2010 10:26:50 PM   
Grollub

Evening tithe.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 1980
Page:   <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI