Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The World Destroyer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> The World Destroyer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The World Destroyer - 10/10/2010 1:00:48 AM   
Hohenlohe

Sometimes in an advanced game you can encounter the superduper unique World Destroyer. Then you should send as soon as possible two or three construction ships and a decent protection force to protect him. Use the construction ships to repair the great capital ship. Often it will be surrounded by ships debris which you can repair. Most time this repaired ships should be retired the next shipyard giving you some boni like new technology and some decent research points.
But I will warn you: do not retire the World Destroyer. It is the very super weapon you can you use against a very strong enemy because of its firepower around 8600 points and a big shielding simply alone, but you should not do so.
If you retire the WD you will get a good research bonus but no new technology available as happened to me twice.

Consider using the WD very wisely as a weapon because you could end up waging war even against your friends if you use him to often.If you want use the WD then use him together with a strong support fleet against the capital world of your enemy...*grin*
Regretably there seems no way to build this supership like you could do it in Galactic CivilizationII for example as you can build Death Stars there.
Perhaps you could try to edit the races.txt and change some entries for the racial-dependant components available.
Consider the use of a Super Laser available only to Humans...*grin* But you can use this only with very advanced technology.

Have fun using the WD...

greetings

Hohenlohe

< Message edited by Hohenlohe -- 10/10/2010 1:01:53 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: The World Destroyer - 10/10/2010 5:00:13 AM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hohenlohe

Perhaps you could try to edit the races.txt and change some entries for the racial-dependant components available.
Consider the use of a Super Laser available only to Humans...*grin* But you can use this only with very advanced technology.

Alas, it's not possible to do this as yet. Hopefully with more options for modding in the future we have the ability to create our own components.

(in reply to Hohenlohe)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> The World Destroyer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI