Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/9/2010 12:38:13 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I'm stuck with a game right now that is producing a reinf phase after a combat phase and trying to chase this down so no I have no update on the sequence issue (You were able to backup and recover from this right?) BUT I am about 5 minutes away from ditching simul anything rt now ARRRRRRGH!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 31
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/9/2010 2:24:11 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

I'm stuck with a game right now that is producing a reinf phase after a combat phase and trying to chase this down so no I have no update on the sequence issue (You were able to backup and recover from this right?) BUT I am about 5 minutes away from ditching simul anything rt now ARRRRRRGH!

Hi Marshall.
No we didnt go back yet, wanted to know if this was in the code, or interface, so Spain would have to do his turn in a specific order to avoid the same bug. (diplomacy from MPs not executed).

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 32
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/9/2010 11:09:55 PM   
Michael T

So I guess I should be holding off on starting a new game? I have a 6 Human and 1 AI PBEM game all set to start. I had hoped this game was finally ready. I assume from this thread we are now waiting on another fix?

I understand your frustration Marshall. But please can we get a bug free version running reliably before anymore enhancements/improvements?

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 33
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/10/2010 12:50:43 PM   
Dancing Bear

Well, after pushing for sim dip for so long, I hate to say it, but I think we should revert back old system for now (maybe Marshall you can also fix the difficulty in tracing supply through Poland -Mantis 728-, which is causing a problem in another game).

Obviously something strange is happening to make the game go back to the reinforcement or diplomacy phases related to some unknown factor (related to the game reading the game file incorrectly? skip settings?.....).

Perhaps some of us can continue to test run 1.08.04 and try and get to the bottom of it.

Post #: 34
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/10/2010 1:00:11 PM   
Sorta

On my game we are re-doing Dip phase by using the old turn order - hopefully we'll know by the weekend.

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 35
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/10/2010 1:19:05 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

I'm not sure what to say at this point other than I am looking to revert back to IGO-UGO totally. We cannot dupe several issues but cannot debate their existence so my next play is to put 1.09 on hold for now and try to revert back! This is not trivial but I have no other ideas at this point??? I will keep you posted...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Sorta)
Post #: 36
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/10/2010 10:10:25 PM   
Dancing Bear

Sorta
in this game, do you recall if Prussia skipped diplomacy last month? Also is this the second month you have played with sim dip? If not, how many dip phases have you gone through with sim dip? I am wondering if the errors only show up on the second sim dip phase played.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Sorta

Hi all,

My game has just had an out of sequence error:

Uploading French Sept 1807 Economic phase and getting a program call for Prussian Sept. 1807 Diplomatic phase, not French Oct 1807 Diplomatic Phase (as expected).

Any ideas?
What info do I need to supply?

< Message edited by Dancing Bear -- 11/10/2010 10:12:43 PM >

(in reply to Sorta)
Post #: 37
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/10/2010 11:47:02 PM   
bongina

Potentially related issue:

On our game, we too are having issues:

I am Austria and the host. I completed my Jan 1805 land move and combat and sent out the files. Later, I came in and loaded a couple other land phases. France was going last in land. When it came time to load his file, the game asked for the French 1805 Setup Phase Instead!!!! I have tried going to my last beckup and reloading, and it still does it when it gets to this point. Help. I can't get past it, and thus the game is stuck!

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 38
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/15/2010 8:08:57 PM   
gazfun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

I thought we documented this OK, no? The simultaneous diplomacy works the same. You can do all diplomacy without waitng on other players to do their diplomacy. The game will not move forward until all turns are given to Spain then Spain ends his/her turn. Not much more that we could add or am I wrong?

Maybe Ive missed this but do All other players still load the files and wait for spain, or does spain only load all the files?

And could someone show me where the new procedure is so I can post a copy please

Post #: 39
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/16/2010 1:16:36 AM   
Dancing Bear

Hi Gazfun,
only Spain needs to load all the files. Everyone else just loads the Spanish turn. Spain should not skip diplomacy. I don't know if this written in the manual anywhere.

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 40
RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? - 11/16/2010 3:29:51 PM   
bongina

Yes, still waiting for the fix. It is is just a matter of installing patches in certain order, well that needs to be fixed, too.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Simultanious Diplomacy works how ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI