Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/12/2010 1:36:02 AM   
Phatguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

*grumble*,....getting too crowded in here,............. too many dogs, only one bone,....my damn bone.............grrrrrr

I'll arm wrestle ya for it...Oops, I win !!!!! Sorry, Dog...better luck next time....

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 31
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/12/2010 8:46:35 PM   
Sheytan

OK! Final drawing. I had Razz/Scott/Lurker as the remaining valid contestants. Razz had his name picked from the hat this time. Razz PM me please with your mailing details, ive sent you a PM as well. Thanks again for participating.

< Message edited by Sheytan -- 11/12/2010 8:54:27 PM >

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 32
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/12/2010 9:31:15 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

OK! Final drawing. I had Razz/Scott/Lurker as the remaining valid contestants. Razz had his name picked from the hat this time. Razz PM me please with your mailing details, ive sent you a PM as well. Thanks again for participating.

Favoritism!!! I call foul!!!

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 33
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/12/2010 9:35:12 PM   
Sheytan

?

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

quote:

Favoritism!!! I call foul!!!

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 34
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/12/2010 11:49:05 PM   
SLAAKMAN

I had Razz/Scott/Lurker as the remaining valid contestants.

Why was my name omitted from the draw?

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 35
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/13/2010 1:14:34 AM   
diablo1

Thanks again Sheytan it's a great and wonderful gesture to the whole community. I wish I could play those monster games but I already know I never would. Glad someone will get it that loves playing one game for several months/years at a time. I got the other wonderful game I wanted though Making History 2 and I'll be playing that for a good long while now.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 36
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/13/2010 9:04:00 PM   
Sheytan

UGH! I wasnt sure you were even in the running for it...dont tell me I have to do this again. I had asked people to state why they would want the game and why they thought they should get it. Where did I miss you posting that part? All I seem to see is a flag?

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

I had Razz/Scott/Lurker as the remaining valid contestants.

Why was my name omitted from the draw?

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 37
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/13/2010 10:49:40 PM   
SLAAKMAN

I posted it on page 1!! Didnt you examine it?? Now do it again Private & give me 50 pushups too!!

— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 38
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/14/2010 12:37:09 AM   
Sheytan

Hrm...this is funny, all I wanted to do is give away a game. So once again having redrawn names with all four of you included this time Lurker won. Lurker send me a PM please with your mailing details. Thats it folks! End of contest, thanks for participating!

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 39
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/14/2010 7:18:47 AM   
Phatguy

Man, That was a hard contest for Sheytan...I hope I don't have these problems when I decide to do something like this in the future....

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 40
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/14/2010 12:49:42 PM   
Scott_WAR

EDIT----- My mistake,...........his reply looked like a signature................ but Slaak did indeed post a reply and not just a flag.........

Anyway congrats lurker.............(thinks the bone was all chewed up and dry anyway)

A big thanks to Sheytan for doing this.

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 11/14/2010 1:23:05 PM >

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 41
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/14/2010 2:23:03 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

Man, That was a hard contest for Sheytan...I hope I don't have these problems when I decide to do something like this in the future....

Reminds me of a favorite old saying I have often used;

No good deed goes unpunished.

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 42
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/14/2010 2:40:55 PM   
Phatguy

Slaak, I looked over your 1st post and without knowing where to look ,my eyes gravitated to the flag. Once I knew where to look the multi-colored hippy freak coloring threw me off. No wonder everyone thought that was your sig. It sure looks like it..... And now that you don't have a copy of WITP, you can spend all your time climbing Mount Nukinuki or at least dreaming about it........

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 43
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/28/2010 12:12:09 AM   
Phatguy

I think my brain has partially melted......I know my printer has gasped its last breath printing out page 1,254,001 of the manual....Well, at least it feels like it has so many pages....

I'm still on turn 2........Had to go out and buy Left 4 Dead 2 and have some mindless killin' to defrag the ole' brain cells.....

Sigh.....Old age has caught up to me..... I used to be able to play Campaign for North Africa with gusto and abandon and not break a sweat.....

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 11/28/2010 12:14:02 AM >

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 44
RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! - 11/28/2010 1:08:39 AM   
Lützow

Actually you could skip the tutorial at this point already and move to the real Marianas scenario. All one needs to know for the start is, how to set up task forces, assign air missions and expand bases. The rest you will learn bit by bit and once you're familiar with the basics it won't feel like an information overkill anymore. This game is just a huge sandbox and the real challenge comes from forming available ressources into a working strategy.

If you like it so far, don't miss the opportunity to acquire WitP AE at the holiday sale. The AE engine is considerably improved and allows widescreen support for your native screen resolution, while on the other hand still offers smaller scenarios for those feeling daunted about the grand campaign.

< Message edited by Lützow -- 11/28/2010 1:09:28 AM >

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Copy of Original WITP to a good home! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI