Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This game is terrific! Don't miss it!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> This game is terrific! Don't miss it! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/28/2010 10:36:11 PM   
vaalen

This game is amazing. The AI is in a class of its own, its so good. I thought I was easily beating the AI in the Finnish civil war scenario, until I discovered the three nasty surprises the AI had for me, which resulted in a crushing defeat to my deluded Finns. And the Finns are the stronger side! I cannot recall the last time I have had such an experience in a computer game.

And the unit graphics are incredible, as are the many different troop types, and the pace feels just right.And the game is this good out of the box!
Post #: 1
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/28/2010 11:38:39 PM   
CatLord

Thanks vaalen.

Word of mouth is our best marketing agent, so if you like our game, make it known. :)

Cat

Member of the Revolution Under Siege development team.

(in reply to vaalen)
Post #: 2
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/29/2010 11:57:39 AM   
Terminus

+1

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to vaalen)
Post #: 3
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/29/2010 12:56:09 PM   
Matto

I'm playing it from last Friday and I'm very happy with it. I played the Finnish civil war scenario twice for both sides and it is really quickly going and fun and AI made great job (I was two times defeated, one was stalemate and just one was my victory !) and actuallay playing Siberian campaign and again, AI us challenging and I enjoy it !!!

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/29/2010 3:22:39 PM   
SlickWilhelm

I bought RUS on Wednesday night, but because of a very hectic Thanksgiving weekend I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

Hopefully tonight will be the night. Looking forward to it!

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 5
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/29/2010 3:49:28 PM   
Lützow

Didn't get into the demo yet. But it sounds I should take a closer look.

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 6
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/29/2010 8:09:04 PM   
wosung

Messing around with Red Grand campaign. I really like what I see so far. It's like playing the North in AACW, but on a shoestring, handing the industry over to the South plus lots of regional rebellions on your own turf.

AI is quite good. Only some minor bugs plus some balancing issues. And: It's only one of several scenarios.

This is really entertaining! And I'm not doing any guerilla marketing here. I'm just an ordinary gamer.

Regards

Plus I forgot: Now you can have tanks, airplanes, armored trains and even some freaky m.g. wagons.

< Message edited by wosung -- 11/29/2010 8:13:29 PM >

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 7
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 1:19:03 AM   
Ichirou989

quote:

... even some freaky m.g. wagons.

Never forget the little Tachanka, one of the symbols of the Revolution!

If you'd like a little mood music to go with using them, look up Tachanka.mp3 on the net, you'll find the song is freely distributed as a historical archive. Download, play it, and get in the proper mood for grouping up a bunch of Tachanka's and dashing wildly all about the Russian Steppe.

A real leader faces the music, even when he doesn't like the tune.

(in reply to wosung)
Post #: 8
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 5:07:17 AM   
shauny1987

Yes, more word of mouth please :D I've only played the demo so far, but I am VERY impressed. However I didnt even hear about this game, and im fairly well endowed with knowledge of new releases of historical-realistic minded games. I found it after a random look on Gamershell at the demos page!!
Though It is on Matrix Games visibly now which will make it much easier to find!

(in reply to Ichirou989)
Post #: 9
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 7:36:01 AM   
EisenHammer

I got this game and it is excellent!!!
I really hope this game does well... I really do.. It deserves to do well.
When I play this game, it's not only challenging but also fun and a damn good history lesson at the same time. Before this game came out I didn't knew that Russia had a Civil War.

(in reply to shauny1987)
Post #: 10
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 8:32:53 AM   
Noakesy

quote:

This is really entertaining! And I'm not doing any guerilla marketing here. I'm just an ordinary gamer.

This is what I like to see (I am choosing to believe Wosung of course). The subject matter looks interesting to me, and the comments here are very positive. Time to take a closer look I reckon. Does it support PBEM or similar in addition to AI?

(in reply to wosung)
Post #: 11
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 9:25:45 AM   
Amgot

quote:

The subject matter looks interesting to me, and the comments here are very positive. Time to take a closer look I reckon.

Same here.

(in reply to Noakesy)
Post #: 12
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 9:36:28 AM   
EisenHammer

I haven't try PBEM yet. As a matter of fact I don't think it has PBEM.
I think it all AI... And A good one at that.
PBEM would be nice. as the turns are resolve at the same time.
If I'm wrong… please let me know.

SSG DBWW2 is a good email gaming platform. And also a good AI with KharKov.

(in reply to Amgot)
Post #: 13
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 10:12:08 AM   
Chilperic

quote:

ORIGINAL: EisenHammer

I haven't try PBEM yet. As a matter of fact I don't think it has PBEM.
I think it all AI... And A good one at that.
PBEM would be nice. as the turns are resolve at the same time.
If I'm wrong… please let me know.

SSG DBWW2 is a good email gaming platform. And also a good AI with KharKov.

Wrong. RUS has PBEM. AGE system has PBEM feature since 2005.

(in reply to EisenHammer)
Post #: 14
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 10:16:53 AM   
EisenHammer

Sorry... I hardly ever play email.
But It nice too know that it has it.

(in reply to Chilperic)
Post #: 15
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 10:33:02 AM   
wosung

I also recommend to have a look at the Russia Under Siege thread over there at AGEOD, no matter whether or where you actually buy it

There you find more info about bugs & balancing, some first explorative strategic discussions and all the usual questions & answers which generally help me to decide whether I would like a game or not.

AGEOD games or those linked to them tend to generate not much forum activity over here. But that doesn't mean they are duds (at least for me).

Regards

(in reply to EisenHammer)
Post #: 16
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 12:46:44 PM   
pvthudson01

While I like Aegod games, I just cant get past that combat results window. I hated it in Birth of America 1 and 2 and the Civil War games and I am sure I will hate it in this one.

They never really explained exactly WHAT everything means on that window...from the little symbols that have vague meaning to the way the window vanishes so fast you cannot keep up with what actually happened. I guess it is too abstract for me and it is what keeps me from playing these games in the end. And I own the Napoleonic game as well.

I do like to support them but in the end the abstract combat kills it for me

and mainly what I am talking about is this:

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/File:WIA_Fig_13-2.jpg

quote:

Specific Action Indicators: Square icons indicate specific actions/events. Use the tool-tip to see specific actions/events that took place during the battle.

How? Why? What triggers these? Why arent these in the manual?

< Message edited by pvthudson01 -- 11/30/2010 12:53:34 PM >

Matrix Member since 2003!

(in reply to wosung)
Post #: 17
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 1:43:33 PM   
CatLord

You know that in RUS, like in RoP, there is now a detailed combat report, with which units was engaged in which round, how much they suffer, how much they inflict, what were the decisive factor in their success/failure, etc...

Cat

Member of the Revolution Under Siege development team.

(in reply to pvthudson01)
Post #: 18
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 1:44:59 PM   
pvthudson01

Wasnt sure about the combat upgrades in this title over the older ones but that is a good thing to know thanks!

(in reply to CatLord)
Post #: 19
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 3:55:29 PM   
vaalen

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

Wasnt sure about the combat upgrades in this title over the older ones but that is a good thing to know thanks!

I had the same problem with the Ageod combat system that you had, but the new reporting system makes all the difference in the world.

During the battle, you get a text report of what is happening at the bottom of the screen, such as troops committed, routs, lulls in the battle, etc. The new combat report enables you to actually look at what each unit did in the battle, during each round of the battle,including events like showing cowardice, effective fire, making good use of terrain,effective tactical leadership, and many others. I really enjoy following the elite units, who usually do better. The reports actually show the special abilities of the unique units being used, which is nice to see. You can follow a particular unit, say the 4th Jagers, in every battle, which can actually get you to have a concern for that particular unit. This really helps the immersion, and has solved the ageod combat problem for me completely.

If you want to see the text reporting, it is important to make sure that the battle animation is set to the slowest speed in the options.

Post #: 20
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 4:03:30 PM   
pvthudson01

Oh wow that is a HUGE difference! Is that available only on the latest two titles? Or just the Revolution Under Siege?

(in reply to vaalen)
Post #: 21
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 5:53:33 PM   
vaalen

quote:

Oh wow that is a HUGE difference! Is that available only on the latest two titles? Or just the Revolution Under Siege?

As far as I know, it is only in ROP and Revolution under Siege. I have asked Ageod if they could retrofit this system to their other games, and they were supportive of the idea, though they gave no time span.

Post #: 22
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 11:17:20 PM   
hgilmer3

quote:

I have not played RUS, but I assume that it is like ROP in that yes, the battle screen pops up, but then it disappears, but in the message box, you can bring up the battle results again and look at it for any length of time to see what happened.

Post #: 23
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 11/30/2010 11:52:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: vaalen
During the battle, you get a text report of what is happening at the bottom of the screen, such as troops committed, routs, lulls in the battle, etc. The new combat report enables you to actually look at what each unit did in the battle, during each round of the battle,including events like showing cowardice, effective fire, making good use of terrain,effective tactical leadership, and many others. I really enjoy following the elite units, who usually do better. The reports actually show the special abilities of the unique units being used, which is nice to see. You can follow a particular unit, say the 4th Jagers, in every battle, which can actually get you to have a concern for that particular unit. This really helps the immersion, and has solved the ageod combat problem for me completely.

I have to say I also love this improvement.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to vaalen)
Post #: 24
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 12/2/2010 11:51:54 PM   
AlvinS

I have been playing the Demo and like what I see. I have played AGEod's American Civil War and love it so I am looking forward to this one. I will buy it next week.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 25
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 12/3/2010 1:25:58 PM   
SlickWilhelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: vaalen

I have to say I also love this improvement.

Regards,

- Erik

+1

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 26
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 12/4/2010 7:15:41 AM   
nukkxx5058

Just bought it. It looks great.   

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 27
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 12/4/2010 9:24:08 AM   
lenin

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Just bought it. It looks great.   

Yes it is!

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 28
RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it! - 12/6/2010 6:29:09 AM   
Alikchi2

Yeah, this is a great game guys. Support AGEOD.

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> This game is terrific! Don't miss it! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI