Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Jam

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Jam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jam - 8/26/2002 3:08:55 AM   
Bing

Anyone following the "Help playtest my SP: Modern Mod" in the general WAW forum: If you have Jamie wood's OOB's for modern US and Soviet and are willing to help out in development, let me know. I have a scenario under way, editing the sides, naturall fictional encounter in Russia. Please read the thread and if interested, drop me a line at:

[email]binglesh@chartermi.net[/email]

Definitely needs a H2H test, I prefer PBEM, this is also definitely experimental so be prepared to restart the battle - maybe several times.

Yours for louder and better boom,,

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Post #: 1
- 8/27/2002 11:42:38 AM   
Bing

I'm getting proper helo graphics into the game now and its looking better and better.

No takers on a PBEM game? Lots of fun flipping missiles from 30 to 40 hexes rnage. I had Hokums versus Comanches and Apaches - chased the Ruskies clean off the map at the cost of one lost chopper.

Yes, we had an air-to-air dogfight - in WAW. Where else do you get that? OTOH my SF detachment loaded on 4 X Blackhawk were wiped out to the man: SA-18 is nasty, very much so. See right through smoke. Must have radar, eh? (Yeah, I think they do.)

Then I got the Sov T-90's with my A-10 Warthogs. Four A-10's, four dead T-90's in one pass - luck of the roll, it most often doesn't go that well. But it sure got the Russian commander's attention I would bet.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 2
- 8/31/2002 9:38:57 PM   
Bing

Bump - Guys, I really need help in testing the modern OOB's and the graphics changes I am making. I have helo graphics for three US types thus far and will shortly have same for Soviet. I will also be doing more appropriate rotor sounds for choppers, ditto chain gun and Vulcan-type gunfire wav files.

Isn't ANYONE interested in modern warfare? Besides Jamie and myself? I am planning a Fulda Gap type of scenario where Sov airborne makes a drop behind the lines to pin down an American garrison. Then a few turns later when Sov CAS has cleared a path to the DZ the big Sov Hind choppers will arrive with light tanks and BMP's - yep, the Soviets did have, might still have, helos large enough to carry the special light tank version for airborne ops.

I'll need help testing, since AI isn't a really test of any scenario that i have found. We particularly need to fine tune the MLRS and mine scattering artillery routines.

Thanks everyone and could someone come to our assistance???

Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 3
- 9/1/2002 1:12:00 AM   
red

I'm very much interested in modern SPWAW. Let me know what I need to get and where.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."
--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 4
- 9/1/2002 1:14:59 AM   
red

Speaking of large helos carrying a lot of troops. It truns out to be too risky proven by the recent shoot down in Chechnya when a MiL-26 was overloaded with ~130 troops and was shot down by one Igla (SA-18?). Similat to what you described with the Blackhawks above.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."
--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 5
- 9/2/2002 12:11:45 AM   
Bing

Red -

Drop me a line at: [email]binglesh@chartermi.net[/email] -- we'll get a dialog going about Modern WAW (MWAW??) and take it from there.

Mostly we need WAW people to help with testing - it will involve expermimental PBEM work. If that appeals to you let me know.

Thanks for your interest,

Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 6
- 9/4/2002 9:59:22 PM   
Bing

Bump - I need a regular who doesn't mind a little experimental work. Will furnish modified mech.exe, .shp and OOB files and an easy-to-start scenario, "Pokadanoza" a brawl - a real slugfest - between our guys (US) and Godless Commies.

See missiles take out targets from dozens of hexes! See Comanche, Apache, Black Hawk and Hokum choppers. A-10, Su-17, Su-24 and Su-25 now in authentic icons, blasting tanks and entire platoons into kingdom come!

Drop me a line per above.

Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 7
- 9/8/2002 9:10:59 PM   
Bing

Bump Again -

As it stands now, I started with Jamie Woods modified Soviet and US Army OOB's that I called JAM = Jamie's Modern. I am calling the new version MOWAW (MOdern WAW) and will continue to do so as there have been enough changes to classify as a new endeavor.

Update: Accurate graphics for A-10, Su-17, Su-24 and Su-25. Loadouts revised to reflect current payload capabilities. Fairly accurate helo graphics for the Ka-50 Hokum (Werewolf), UH-60 Black Hawk, AH-64 apache and AH-66 Comanche, fixed Black Hawk so that it now evades AA fire and is "stealthy" (to a degree that is). Fixed 4 blade rotor so that it now appears on the helo.

Fixed other bugs, such as sound of MG fire from unit without a MG mount (that one was fun to track down).

Modern WAW isn't a social disease, guys. Isn't anyone out there interested?

Bing

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 8
- 9/8/2002 9:14:09 PM   
Supervisor

Alright I got the hint, quit bumping:D :D :D

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 9
I want to help - 9/29/2002 11:57:29 PM   
3/2 ACR

let me know what i can do, I have alot of resources at my finger tips, not a great deal of time only this last couple of week ends, but i know this game inside and out and like the modern battles
Rick 3/2 ACR

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 10
- 10/11/2002 12:13:31 AM   
Irinami

Toss some scenarios and the proper files my way and I'm game.

That's been my problem before--the scenarios or campaigns just don't work out right with the modern OOB's.

[EMAIL=withersmREMOOVE@bellsouth.net]withersmREMOOVE@bellsouth.net[/EMAIL]

e-Mail addy needs the all-caps word removed. Hate spiders. ;)

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 11
What is this? - 10/25/2002 7:05:18 PM   
HauptmannJake

Bing- You are editing icons in your own way? Making an own game with your friends? That's I have to respect!

How big in file size is this experimental set of files for your modern SP game? I would be interested. Only problem is my time is shared.

I have a modem which tends not to be very fast.

HJ :eek:

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Jam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI