Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in the East

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in the East - 12/2/2010 5:25:41 AM   
SeanD

Have a look at some of the beautiful documentation on the way to gamers soon!

Matrix Games and 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) are pleased to release a preview section from the thoroughly and beautifully crafted manual coming with their highly anticipated Eastern Front strategy game, Gary Grigsby’s War in the East.

The manual preview gives gamers a look at Section 7 of the manual: Ground Units. The Ground Units section offers only a small snapshot of the epic, in depth gameplay coming with War in the East and is indeed only a small piece of the extensive documentation shipping with the game. The boxed Standard Edition Gary Grigsby’s War in the East will ship with:

1. A PRINTED Quick Start Guide with well over 100 pages! (Black and White)
2. Full Manual that’s nearly 400 pages (Full Color PDF E-Book)
3. Tutorial Manual (Full Color PDF E-Book)
4. Editor Manual (Full Color PDF E-Book)

Also, be sure to check out the brand new two part AAR and developer feature that have just been published on The Wargamer! And stay tuned, because more preview content is on the way!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “War in the East is no doubt a game of epic proportions, but we’re not going to throw you into the front lines without the proper training. The documentation coming with War in the East is beautifully laid out and assembled, but it’s also thorough and deep enough so even the most intense wargamer will not be left wanting for more information!”

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front board and computer wargames of the past; a turn-based World War II strategy game down to the division and brigade level, stretching across the entire Eastern Front at a 10 mile per hex scale. Gamers can engage in massive, dramatic campaigns, including intense battles involving thousands of units with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results. As with all the award-winning titles made by the 2by3 Games team, factors such as supply, fatigue, experience, morale and the skill of your divisional, corps and army leaders all play an important part in determining the results at the front line. Gary Grigsby’s War in the East comes with 4 massive campaigns as well as many smaller scenarios all with different strategic and operational challenges.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East represents a truly epic representation of the Second World War on the Eastern Front and is unparalleled in its scale, detail, and ambition!

Get more information on Gary Grigsby’s War in the East from its official product page and be sure to check out that manual preview!

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/2/2010 9:10:00 AM   
Adam Parker

Sean will the e-Book be formatted to show one page at a time? Otherwise it will be hard going on an e-Reader like Kindle.

Thanks and best of luck with the release.

Adam.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/2/2010 5:32:15 PM   
alfonso

There will be no way to purchase a version including the FULL Printed Manual, and not only the quick start guide?

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 3
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/2/2010 5:35:27 PM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adam Parker

Sean will the e-Book be formatted to show one page at a time? Otherwise it will be hard going on an e-Reader like Kindle.

Thanks and best of luck with the release.

Adam.

Secondf that - kindle is a god send to avoid prinitng the thing out...

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 4
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/2/2010 6:25:03 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: alfonso
There will be no way to purchase a version including the FULL Printed Manual, and not only the quick start guide?

No, but the printed "guide" is well over 100 pages and covers every single part of the interface as well as some gameplay points (and includes all the reference tables).

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to alfonso)
Post #: 5
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/2/2010 8:06:57 PM   
jjax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: alfonso

No, but the printed "guide" is well over 100 pages and covers every single part of the interface as well as some gameplay points (and includes all the reference tables).

Regards,

- Erik

I am a little disappointed. I was under the impression that the box version would come with a printed full manual. If that was the case, I was planing to break with tradition and actually shell out for the whole ting. Although consider the printing cost of a 400 page manual, I can understand why. Oh well.

--JJAX

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/3/2010 4:46:12 AM   
Captain B

Will the pdf file be formatted for two sided printing? I for one will be printing out the whole thing...and putting the pages in document protectors. Can't wait...been following this for 15 months or so now. The anticipation is killing me. It could cost me two toner cartridges, but I don't care.

Bring it on already!

There is no problem too big that can't be solved with the proper use of high explosives

WITE Scenario Tester
WITW Beta Tester

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/3/2010 9:07:43 AM   
randallw

By the time the printer finishes with the manual the war will already be over. 

(in reply to Captain B)
Post #: 8
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/3/2010 8:13:05 PM   
Captain B

Ah, that is why you have to print it out at work on one of those xtra high speed color printers!

There is no problem too big that can't be solved with the proper use of high explosives

WITE Scenario Tester
WITW Beta Tester

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 9
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/4/2010 4:04:12 AM   
Champagne

I dearly hope tha the printed manual that comes with the boxed game looks just like the preview pages. Those pages are nice and legible.

WBTS is a good game, but, I made the mistake of ordering the boxed version of the game with the printed manual that is illegible because the pages are gray and the print is black!

Black on gray ! Kaum zu fassen !

Only the dead have seen the end of War.

-- Plato

(in reply to Captain B)
Post #: 10
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/17/2010 9:30:28 PM   
Berkut

You guys should just post the entire manual online.

It would be a great advertising tool.

(in reply to Champagne)
Post #: 11
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 12/22/2010 11:26:28 PM   
Brausepaul

quote:

ORIGINAL: Berkut

+1

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 12
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 1/24/2011 10:57:59 PM   
markwall06

I recently purchased the digital download and boxed version of this game. It is a game I have been waiting for for over 10 years - ever since I first heard about "Road To Moscow" - which never made it to publication.

Now, at 48, I'm quite set in my ways and much prefer to have a printed manual in my hand than keep minimising screens and losing the flow - a second monitor is not an option at the moment.

I know the boxed version has a shortened version of the .pdf but I would prefer to have it all.

My question is, if I could find a company to print the remainder of the manual, would there be any copyright issues that would stop them doing it for me?

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 13
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 1/24/2011 11:33:21 PM   
Joel Billings

AFAIK, you are permitted to print copies of the pdf files for your own use. I'm pretty sure Matrix has stated this in the past.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to markwall06)
Post #: 14
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 1/24/2011 11:59:37 PM   
FredSanford3

quote:

And who, other than a WitE player, would care, except maybe a potential buyer? Is the market for pirated WitE manuals bigger than I supposed?

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 15
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 1/29/2011 6:38:58 PM   
markwall06

Well, IDK if anyone is interested but with some free pdf software and a bit of manipultion of the manual I was able to get a version of the manual (the section that doesn't come with the game) and send it off for printing. (I added some other games manual pdfs on the end for good measure but was able to get my final version down to 147 pages). I did remove the pages I thought were not relevant to keep costs down.

I found a company who can offer printing at 5p per page (for those of you in the UK) for grey scale and 38p per page in colour.

I have put the relevant links below if anyone wants to know

http://en.pdf24.org/pdf-editor.jsp
http://www.pdfill.com/download.html
http://www.thesisonline.co.uk/

My total cost delivered was just under £26.

(in reply to FredSanford3)
Post #: 16
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 1/29/2011 7:40:38 PM   
FredSanford3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain B

Will the pdf file be formatted for two sided printing? I for one will be printing out the whole thing...and putting the pages in document protectors. Can't wait...been following this for 15 months or so now. The anticipation is killing me. It could cost me two toner cartridges, but I don't care.

Bring it on already!

You should be able to set that on your printer.

(in reply to Captain B)
Post #: 17
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 1/29/2011 8:43:56 PM   
markwall06

quote:

You should be able to set that on your printer.

Yes but will it be glossy? Actually, IDK whether it will be but I just thought someone - in the UK - might be interested in exploring the possibilities

Post #: 18
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 1/30/2011 4:57:38 PM   
Berkut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franklin Nimitz

quote:

And who, other than a WitE player, would care, except maybe a potential buyer? Is the market for pirated WitE manuals bigger than I supposed?

Uhhh, isn't a *potential* buyer exactly who posting the manual online would be intended to care?

Pirated WitE manuals? huh? What does piracy have to do with anything?

You don't seriously think that what is holding back potential pirates is the lack of a manual posted online do you? Having the manual available online could not possibly have any effect on piracy. The pirates will pirate the manual right along with the game if they are inclined to pirating something.

Post #: 19
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 2/15/2011 1:34:14 PM   
silmaauki

quote:

I am a little disappointed. I was under the impression that the box version would come with a printed full manual. If that was the case, I was planing to break with tradition and actually shell out for the whole ting. Although consider the printing cost of a 400 page manual, I can understand why. Oh well.

I am more than a little disappointed. This thread is the first place where it is stated that the printed MANUAL which is coming with the ST Edition of the game is not a manual but a Quick Start Guide.

I already have the game and ST edition in my hands with this so called manual. I was in the impression that I will receive a full copy of the manual.

Why did I pay any extra for not receiving what I was supposed to received?

Yes, you could say that I am a bit angry.

(in reply to jjax)
Post #: 20
RE: Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in t... - 2/15/2011 2:22:53 PM   
heliodorus04

I was pretty disappointed by that too, and have learned my lesson.
The 'manual' was obviously printed well in advance of official release, and doesn't cover everything in near the detail that the PDF file has.

Despite that, though, you will enjoy the info in the PDF file.

(in reply to silmaauki)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Manual Preview Released for Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI