Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Countdown Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Countdown Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Countdown Thread - 12/17/2010 1:02:48 AM   
Demonius

Sorry, but I must disagree here.

I got two of these CVE-DDs. I upgraded the fighters in one of them as I stated above, and the other one I never touched. Now after researching the 2nd class of fighters and bombers, the first fightercraft of ship #1 reads Light interceptor, Firepower 4, range 180

The first fighter of ship #2 reads Standard Fighter, Firepower 3, Range 160.

Clearly, it did not upgrade automatically.

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 61
RE: Countdown Thread - 12/17/2010 1:10:44 AM   
Spacecadet

I don't remember off the top of my head, but the more advanced level Fighters/Bombers require the Advanced Fighter Bay (Standard Bay to Advanced Bay is not an automatic upgrade).

I'm not sure how far into the Tech tree you are for those Fighters - are the Bays the same type?

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 62
RE: Countdown Thread - 12/17/2010 1:19:18 AM   
elliotg

There is no auto-upgrade of fighters right now Demonius. The steps you outlined is the way to handle this for now. Of course, if you lose fighters in battle, the carrier will automatically build the most advanced fighters your empire has.

We'll add mass-upgrade options for fighters in the first ROTS update.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 63
RE: Countdown Thread - 12/17/2010 1:26:44 AM   
Demonius

Its standard Tier 0 Fighter Bays with Tier 0 vs. Tier 1 fighters. So not really a big difference.

My problem or question still remains though, where's the button I need to press to have my ships refit their fightercrafts to the most modern ones. Seems to be none such there.

Oh and I think I spotted a minor display bug - upgrading my MSP-1 of Zenox to LSP-1 doesnt change the graphics display in the quicklist nor of the space port over the plant, though it is correctly selected as the bigger, flatter space port in the design.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt see the dev answer before posting. thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT2: Seems Bases keep their original appearance and just enlargen themselves, since I now have a MSP that looks like an enlarged SSP, and it was such a refit.

< Message edited by Demonius -- 12/17/2010 1:38:39 AM >

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 64
RE: Countdown Thread - 12/17/2010 11:08:59 AM   
wozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone, so far we are full speed ahead and it looks good for a release this afternoon as planned. It's now just after noon on the East Coast of the US and we expect to release between now and 5PM.

FYI, we have three offices now as Matrix and Slitherine combined. One is in Colorado in the US, one is in Vermont in the US and one is in the UK, whereas our store partner Plimus is on the West Coast of the US in California and Oregon. We also have staff and development teams around the world, including Elliot in New Zealand so it's really hard to pin down a particular time zone for us. With that said, the Vermont office where I am handles the product development and production side, so we generally release on a US Eastern time schedule.

I'd also like to ask those of you who are willing, once the expansion is released, to please help us spread the word on other game forums and sites that you may frequent as many of you did for the original release. Every little bit helps and helps us make sure that Distant Worlds will have many more new features and improvements in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik.

You will be pleased to know i started spreading the word about Matrix games a long time ago. I was spreading the word on a lot of the big publishers forums i wont say which ones but i am sure you can guest one of them. I was one of the people who was upset over the radical DRM. So i capitalized on this and told other users who didn't like the new DRM to support other companies who don't use excessive DRM. I said to them spend your money elsewhere and i provided links to Battlegoat Studios and Matrix games.

This happen at the time when UBI brought out there excessive DRM for single player games where you have to be connected to the internet and there servers all the time. So i Do hope you got some business out of it.

< Message edited by wozza -- 12/17/2010 6:37:32 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Countdown Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI