Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thinking about buying but have a few questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Thinking about buying but have a few questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thinking about buying but have a few questions - 12/18/2010 11:52:37 PM   
Wargamer74

First is the AI any good? I usually play solo but after I get better may look into some games with other people. Also is the game realistic and historical?

And third does the grand strategy mod include both the European theater and Pacific theater?
Post #: 1
RE: Thinking about buying but have a few questions - 12/19/2010 3:17:38 PM   
Ironclad

Its the European theatre only. I can't answer your AI query as I only tried it briefly when the game first came out and I understand there were a number of improvements to it since then.

You will probably get a fuller answer on the Slitherine forum as there are a lot more posters there:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

You may find it enlightening to read page 2 of a post there entitled "where is the joy in this game" as one of the Mod developers responds by describing why the Mod was developed (with emphasis on historical realism and game playing) to address issues from the vanilla version and some of the further improvements planned for the forthcoming major update which is due out soon.

Also at the Slitherine site there are some great AARs which give a fine understanding of the game features and wide range of strategies available.

< Message edited by Ironclad -- 12/19/2010 3:46:49 PM >

(in reply to Wargamer74)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Thinking about buying but have a few questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI