Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 1:40:42 PM   
packerpete

I cannot seem to get the game screen to take up the entire monitor. It currently uses about 3/4 of the screen and moving the mouse arrow around does not scroll the map. Any help the computer illiterate in crowd would be welcome. And thanks for the update.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 31
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 1:48:52 PM   
n01487477

Economic Interest ...

I've just run 9 turns and resource pooling now appears to have shifted to HI centres. This is a good thing but this makes drawing them out of Manchuria a little harder than expected. Port Arthur is no longer the hub point - but many inland bases seem to have more & it's more spread (which is good & bad obviously); I think more feedback from JFB's might be needed over coming days to see if this will create a great hole in the resource side hauling... or at least here is an alert that ppl should look at and I'm not revealing anything else to my AFB friends where the new hubs are...

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 12/19/2010 1:56:42 PM >

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 32
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 1:50:11 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: packerpete

I cannot seem to get the game screen to take up the entire monitor. It currently uses about 3/4 of the screen and moving the mouse arrow around does not scroll the map. Any help the computer illiterate in crowd would be welcome. And thanks for the update.

The patch shortcut uses the -w switch (windowed mode). Remove it and use the other switches you were before... Info in the What'sNew.pdf

(in reply to packerpete)
Post #: 33
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 2:27:41 PM   
CV2

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

The patch shortcut uses the -w switch (windowed mode). Remove it and use the other switches you were before... Info in the What'sNew.pdf

Right click on the icon and hit properties and delete the -w

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 34
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 2:34:23 PM   
Nemo121

Is there any chance of allowing decimals for the fuel in, resources in, resource out etc sections in the editor and ( in-game )?

Basically rather than having 1 HI factory produce 2 HI points I'd like to set it so that one HI factory produces 0.1 HI points ( and that will require tweaking the others ( Resources, OIL etc similarly ) ).

It should be a pretty simple thing to change them from integers to a data type allowing for decimals. I know it isn't a high priority but given the excessive power of strategic bombing it would allow for a work-around to protect against ueber-strategic bombing.

Alternately, could you look into the targetting algorithms for city attacks? I've just had eacvh B-29 which attacked one of my cities take out 2 HI factories each. In the end I've lost 650 factories in a day ( 1300 HI ) which, if applied to the air war in Germany or Japan would have seen both of those countries knocked out of the war in just 6 to 10 sorties. This is obviously utterly historically incorrect. It appears to be a problem with the targetting algorithm not accounting for the dispersion of HI which would actually occur. Alternately it doesn't account for clustering of bombs such that each bombload couldn't possibly hit more than 1 HI factory - albeit the more bombs there were the high the chance they'd definitely hit that HI factory. In-game it looks like every bomb has a distinct chance to hit a HI factory which results in massive hit rates on HI. If each bomber had a chance to hit modified by the number of bombs dropped per bomber this might bring the city attack effect down to more realistic levels.

< Message edited by Nemo121 -- 12/19/2010 2:36:36 PM >

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 35
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 2:35:20 PM   
noguaranteeofsanity

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Also the arrow keys on the keyboard, will allow you scroll around the map. I find the mouse pointer does not always allow you to do this in windowed mode, in my case I think the problem is caused by having two monitors.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 36
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 2:52:11 PM   
packerpete

Thanks fellas. That did the trick.

(in reply to noguaranteeofsanity)
Post #: 37
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 4:27:31 PM   
CapAndGown

Thank you for the support.

I saw nothing in here about fixing Japanese MTBs so that they do not halt at 1 day short arrival and are never able to be built through expenditure of supply.

Please see this thread:

Japanese MTBs

(in reply to packerpete)
Post #: 38
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 5:17:39 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-DLed OK. I think I saw another post on this, but after DL v1108, hit shortcut on screen, v loaded, BUT it covers only about a half of my screen. Any solutions? Thanks, Hugh Browne

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 39
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 5:27:18 PM   
ckk

Right click your desktop shortcut, hit properties and remove the -w from your target line

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 40
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 5:34:34 PM   
ckk

Thanks Dev's. Great present for Xmas

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 41
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 6:40:29 PM   
hbrsvl

ckk-Thanks, worked like a charm. HB

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 42
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 6:41:52 PM   
Nemo121

Aye I have the same bug with PTs. They reach 1 day remaining and then never get built.

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 43
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 7:40:46 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I am hoping the changes made to Auto Convoy will make it a bit more useful now.

I noticed those, and as someone who uses AC extensively, I thank you.

Reading the change list my overall impression was "Look at all the little stuff I never knew didn't work." There are a few biggies in there (thanks very much for using color in the search arcs; color works for me and my non-engineering mind), but mostly this is nits & lice-level. That means the code is getting very near "done", and the game pretty well perfect. Given the spaghetti you started with this is a herculean feat. I'll join the others in saying "Bravo Zulu" and thanks.

The Moose

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 44
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 8:14:38 PM   
PaxMondo

Again, THANKS for the DEVS for continued, awesome, support. 

The search arcs ... THANK YOU!!!           

I haven't been able to find the destroyed LCU screen yet ... is it off the main info screen?  MAybe I don't have any? 

Pax

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 45
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 8:59:50 PM   
littleike

I have been waiting for every new patch as i was waiting for every new song of Elvis in the great sixties.
This is definitely the "big one" of wargames and we really are living history!
(Don't wait to account this when you will narrate these things to your grandchilds.)

Thanks boys!!!

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 46
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 9:03:46 PM   
Sauvequipeut

quote:

I haven't been able to find the destroyed LCU screen yet ... is it off the main info screen? MAybe I don't have any?

Shows up on mine on the info screen, underneath the Ground arrival and withdrawal buttons.

On the same subject - originally posted this on the other patch thread, but this seems a better place for it:

Scen 28, DaBigbabes Allies v AI currently @ 17-12-41

The destroyed LCU's list contains the usual suspects - Hong Kong, Wake units etc.

When the list first comes up, the PP cost to recall shows as 'not defined'. When the units are selected via left click, then back a PP cost shows.

However, the PP cost for units previously left-clicked changes as further units are selected. Select the Middlesex bn and the recall cost shows as 1pp. Select the Grenadiers of Winnipeg and both units show a cost of 2. Select the Rifles of Canada and the cost for the WG is now 3, although the Middlesex bn are still at 2.
The order in which units are selected on the list also has an effect. Select the units in order 'A' (as above) and the costs and changes will be the same if you reload and use the same order again.

However, if you use a different order ('B'), the costs to recall the units and the changes to them are different from order 'A'. eg select the Winnipeg Grenadiers first and the Middlesex second and the PP cost ends up as 5 and 1 respectively.

Is this just a glitch caused by applying the destroyed LCU recall to an ongoing game?

(in reply to littleike)
Post #: 47
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 9:06:49 PM   
mikkey

new LCU report is on Intelligence reports screen (hotkey I) as Ground units destroyed (below the original LCU reports)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 48
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 9:50:54 PM   
ny59giants

I have not been getting any Allied Ops or Intel reports since the patch. I'm playing the Allies in a Scenario 2 PBEM. I run the Combat Replay, and then immediately load up the game file.

Why not??

< Message edited by ny59giants -- 12/19/2010 9:52:16 PM >

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 49
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 10:53:37 PM   
Mac Linehan

jwilkerson -

Am again absolutely delighted, astounded and impressed with the attention to detail that the AE Team continues to display with each successive patch. Thank You, Gentlemen - this level of support "Meets or Exceeds Expectations" - which, by the way, are very high.

El Mac (that's Mac in Spanish...)

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 50
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/19/2010 11:19:38 PM   
CV2

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I have not been getting any Allied Ops or Intel reports since the patch. I'm playing the Allies in a Scenario 2 PBEM. I run the Combat Replay, and then immediately load up the game file.

Why not??

Ditto. The files are there, you can go to the save directory and open them in notebook, but annoying.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 51
RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? - 12/20/2010 1:03:02 AM   
LowCommand

My 62 Sqn Dakota III have the Naval Attack Mission. I haven’t checked this out enough, but I just had to “share.” EDIT: Whoops, It's in the unpatched version too. I think the 62 Sqn just arived as part of a bunch of reinforcements. Still, I wish they had this mission! Should I re-post this somewhere else?

Thanks for the continued support. The patch is a wonderful Christmas present!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by LowCommand -- 12/20/2010 1:16:32 AM >

"Mines reported in the fairway,
"Warn all traffic and detain,
"'Sent up Unity, Cralibel, Assyrian, Stormcock, and Golden Gain."

(in reply to CV2)
Post #: 52
RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? - 12/20/2010 1:16:51 AM   
Flying Tiger

quote:

My 62 Sqn Dakota III have suddenly acquired the Naval Attack Mission.

i guess the Allies must be getting desperate - using Dakotas as Kamikaze bombers??!! Not sure how else a Dak would be useful in naval attack? maybe the drop crew could heave a few grenades out the door as they fly past?

(in reply to LowCommand)
Post #: 53
RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? - 12/20/2010 1:23:45 AM   
LowCommand

I the dark days of '38-41 and in odd places today, C47's etc are/were used for attacks. Sometimes they rig bomb releases. Other times they just kick something out the door. Yes, the aircraft has to fly low and slow to actually hit anything but in many places, it has the desired effect. Helicopters are now more popular for such things however. Come to a hover and kick some Kablamo out.

"Mines reported in the fairway,
"Warn all traffic and detain,
"'Sent up Unity, Cralibel, Assyrian, Stormcock, and Golden Gain."

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 54
RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? - 12/20/2010 2:15:27 AM   
Sauvequipeut

Don't know if this is just me, but:

Playing Scen 288 DBB; Allied v AI.

When moving a TF from an offmap base to an on-map destination the option to set on-map route (and thus waypoints) is now greyed out. TF's now form with destination set to home port, but even when an alternative destination is set the routing option does not become available.

(in reply to LowCommand)
Post #: 55
RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? - 12/20/2010 8:33:35 AM   
CV2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flying Tiger

quote:

My 62 Sqn Dakota III have suddenly acquired the Naval Attack Mission.

i guess the Allies must be getting desperate - using Dakotas as Kamikaze bombers??!! Not sure how else a Dak would be useful in naval attack? maybe the drop crew could heave a few grenades out the door as they fly past?

No 62 squadron starts the game with Blenheim I bombers and is withdrawn. It comes back with Dakotas likely with the mission the older squadron had when it left.

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 56
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/20/2010 8:58:57 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sauvequipeut

quote:

I haven't been able to find the destroyed LCU screen yet ... is it off the main info screen? MAybe I don't have any?

Shows up on mine on the info screen, underneath the Ground arrival and withdrawal buttons.

On the same subject - originally posted this on the other patch thread, but this seems a better place for it:

Scen 28, DaBigbabes Allies v AI currently @ 17-12-41

The destroyed LCU's list contains the usual suspects - Hong Kong, Wake units etc.

When the list first comes up, the PP cost to recall shows as 'not defined'. When the units are selected via left click, then back a PP cost shows.

However, the PP cost for units previously left-clicked changes as further units are selected. Select the Middlesex bn and the recall cost shows as 1pp. Select the Grenadiers of Winnipeg and both units show a cost of 2. Select the Rifles of Canada and the cost for the WG is now 3, although the Middlesex bn are still at 2.
The order in which units are selected on the list also has an effect. Select the units in order 'A' (as above) and the costs and changes will be the same if you reload and use the same order again.

However, if you use a different order ('B'), the costs to recall the units and the changes to them are different from order 'A'. eg select the Winnipeg Grenadiers first and the Middlesex second and the PP cost ends up as 5 and 1 respectively.

Is this just a glitch caused by applying the destroyed LCU recall to an ongoing game?

The PP cost should be based on the Assault value, which is derived from devices that the unit will be rebuilt with. Once a unit is recalled, it wont change its setup or PP cost in repeated calls.

Calculating the values does depend on certain values being cleared for the destroyed unit. It could be that those areas aren't set up on older saves.

Michael

(in reply to Sauvequipeut)
Post #: 57
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/20/2010 9:01:34 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV2

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Why not??

Ditto. The files are there, you can go to the save directory and open them in notebook, but annoying.

I'll have a look.
I am guessing this is a problem with WHO is trying to look at WHICH player's reports.
I know at one stage, the Japanese player could see the Allied reports.

Could you send me a save (the one you are immediately loading up) so I can see if the files are there to begin with?

< Message edited by michaelm -- 12/20/2010 9:04:59 AM >

Michael

(in reply to CV2)
Post #: 58
RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? - 12/20/2010 9:10:42 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sauvequipeut

Don't know if this is just me, but:

Playing Scen 288 DBB; Allied v AI.

When moving a TF from an offmap base to an on-map destination the option to set on-map route (and thus waypoints) is now greyed out. TF's now form with destination set to home port, but even when an alternative destination is set the routing option does not become available.

Most likely.
There are some limitations of a TF behaving properly when going from off-map base to an on-map destination. Adding routing/way-points for on-map sometimes causes issues, especially if they are changed while still in the off-map pipeline.

TFs did not appear to be set up correctly if they didn't have a destination to start with. Simply setting one automatically eliminated that twist for other problems.

Michael

(in reply to Sauvequipeut)
Post #: 59
RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? - 12/20/2010 9:20:31 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: LowCommand

My 62 Sqn Dakota III have the Naval Attack Mission. I haven’t checked this out enough, but I just had to “share.” EDIT: Whoops, It's in the unpatched version too. I think the 62 Sqn just arived as part of a bunch of reinforcements. Still, I wish they had this mission! Should I re-post this somewhere else?

Thanks for the continued support. The patch is a wonderful Christmas present!

The 62 Sqn has Blenheim bombers according to the editor for scenario #1.
Did you upgrade the group to a different aircraft type??

I see someone else has said this.
I'll check to ensure the group mission profile is being updated when the group is withdrawn. I think it is but I may have missed it.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 12/20/2010 9:27:49 AM >

Michael

(in reply to LowCommand)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI