Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? - 12/20/2010 9:34:46 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flying Tiger

quote:

My 62 Sqn Dakota III have suddenly acquired the Naval Attack Mission.

i guess the Allies must be getting desperate - using Dakotas as Kamikaze bombers??!! Not sure how else a Dak would be useful in naval attack? maybe the drop crew could heave a few grenades out the door as they fly past?

No 62 squadron starts the game with Blenheim I bombers and is withdrawn. It comes back with Dakotas likely with the mission the older squadron had when it left.

I checked my scenario #1 and I can't see it coming back??

Michael

(in reply to CV2)
Post #: 61
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/20/2010 11:27:00 AM   
viberpol

That's really impressive list of changes and fixes! Kudos to devs!

Expecially for those three listed below.
Database changes applied to long played PBEM and it looks like R&D is not reset and all works like charm.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
011. Show path of group plane upgrades on the user selected upgrade screen; (+) against upgrade indicates the old designer group path upgrade
012. Added an option to retain the user over-ridden group upgrade when manually upgrading only; currently it loses the original upgrade if player down grades
102. Fixed Once R&D kicks in, always keep at least one R&D point available to stop DB updates from wiping out availability advancement

I am little worried about this one.

quote:

009. Added a destroyed LCU screen and the ability to reform non-Chinese LCUs (at 1% TOE) using PPs

I assume it increases the playability a lot, but... isn't the PP cost to reform destroyed LCU's a bit too low as it is now? I am able to recreate a whole armor regiment for 2-3 PPs?

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 62
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/20/2010 11:34:23 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: viberpol

That's really impressive list of changes and fixes! Kudos to devs!

Expecially for those three listed below.
Database changes applied to long played PBEM and it looks like R&D is not reset and all works like charm.

quote:

011. Show path of group plane upgrades on the user selected upgrade screen; (+) against upgrade indicates the old designer group path upgrade
012. Added an option to retain the user over-ridden group upgrade when manually upgrading only; currently it loses the original upgrade if player down grades
102. Fixed Once R&D kicks in, always keep at least one R&D point available to stop DB updates from wiping out availability advancement

I am little worried about this one.

quote:

009. Added a destroyed LCU screen and the ability to reform non-Chinese LCUs (at 1% TOE) using PPs

I assume it increases the playability a lot, but... isn't the PP cost to reform destroyed LCU's a bit too low as it is now? I am able to recreate a whole armor regiment for 2-3 PPs?

You get a LCU at 1% strength.
You still need to equip it from the device pool so you end up paying for it in the long run.

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 63
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/20/2010 11:38:59 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sauvequipeut

quote:

I haven't been able to find the destroyed LCU screen yet ... is it off the main info screen? MAybe I don't have any?

Shows up on mine on the info screen, underneath the Ground arrival and withdrawal buttons.

On the same subject - originally posted this on the other patch thread, but this seems a better place for it:

Scen 28, DaBigbabes Allies v AI currently @ 17-12-41

The destroyed LCU's list contains the usual suspects - Hong Kong, Wake units etc.

When the list first comes up, the PP cost to recall shows as 'not defined'. When the units are selected via left click, then back a PP cost shows.

However, the PP cost for units previously left-clicked changes as further units are selected. Select the Middlesex bn and the recall cost shows as 1pp. Select the Grenadiers of Winnipeg and both units show a cost of 2. Select the Rifles of Canada and the cost for the WG is now 3, although the Middlesex bn are still at 2.
The order in which units are selected on the list also has an effect. Select the units in order 'A' (as above) and the costs and changes will be the same if you reload and use the same order again.

However, if you use a different order ('B'), the costs to recall the units and the changes to them are different from order 'A'. eg select the Winnipeg Grenadiers first and the Middlesex second and the PP cost ends up as 5 and 1 respectively.

Is this just a glitch caused by applying the destroyed LCU recall to an ongoing game?

The PP cost should be based on the Assault value, which is derived from devices that the unit will be rebuilt with. Once a unit is recalled, it wont change its setup or PP cost in repeated calls.

Calculating the values does depend on certain values being cleared for the destroyed unit. It could be that those areas aren't set up on older saves.

On closer look, the editor sub-units seem to have a strange TOE which is affecting the recall costs. They generally tend to be too low and of the wrong device.

Michael

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 64
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/20/2010 12:21:11 PM   
CV2

Malaya HQ in my game costs 60pp to bring back. By your accounting, it should cost nothing as the AV value of the unit is zero.

And I cant post files to the board (of any kind) for some unknown reason. Using the forum e mail, I cant attach files so if you want a save, going to have to furnish your e mail addy. Also you want a 005 file or a 001 file for the reports (or both)?

< Message edited by CV2 -- 12/20/2010 12:24:29 PM >

Post #: 65
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/20/2010 12:58:01 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV2

Malaya HQ in my game costs 60pp to bring back. By your accounting, it should cost nothing as the AV value of the unit is zero.

And I cant post files to the board (of any kind) for some unknown reason. Using the forum e mail, I cant attach files so if you want a save, going to have to furnish your e mail addy. Also you want a 005 file or a 001 file for the reports (or both)?

HQs are treated differently and are a special case. They tend to have higher costs, esp restricted ones.

I was referring to the run-of-the-mill non-HQ LCUs.

Send the saves to michaelm75 @ hotmail.com.

Thanks

Michael

(in reply to CV2)
Post #: 66
No visible Upgrade - 12/20/2010 1:56:35 PM   
guctony

I applied the upgrade but I cant confirm it is in effect. There is no change in main screen upgrade version.

It says version 1.0.4.1106

What am I doing wrong.

"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal

Post #: 67
RE: No visible Upgrade - 12/20/2010 2:01:46 PM   
CV2

The update creates a new icon on your desktop. Use it instead of the old game icon. Old icon runs old game, new icon runs the beta patch.

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 68
RE: No visible Upgrade - 12/20/2010 2:02:45 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

I applied the upgrade but I cant confirm it is in effect. There is no change in main screen upgrade version.

What am I doing wrong.

Hi guctony,

You should have a new icon on your desktop that is named "War in The PAcific - Beta."

Use that icon - it links to "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition - Copy\Beta\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w

TTFN,

Mike

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 69
RE: No visible Upgrade - 12/20/2010 2:06:37 PM   
guctony

Thanks alot.

Did I looked like a moron. Or is it me only considering I am indeed.....

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

quote:

What am I doing wrong.

Hi guctony,

You should have a new icon on your desktop that is named "War in The PAcific - Beta."

Use that icon - it links to "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition - Copy\Beta\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w

TTFN,

Mike

"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 70
RE: No visible Upgrade - 12/20/2010 2:07:17 PM   
michaelm75au

You can change the Beta shortcut to use your preferred switch options.
It is installed just to use window mode (-w).

Michael

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 71
RE: No visible Upgrade - 12/20/2010 2:12:52 PM   
CV2

quote:

Thanks alot.

Did I looked like a moron. Or is it me only considering I am indeed.....

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

quote:

What am I doing wrong.

Hi guctony,

TTFN,

Mike

Not at all. I have so much crap on my desktop I didnt see it at first either

quote:

Send the saves to michaelm75 @ hotmail.com.

Thanks

You have mail.

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 72
LowN vs NavB training - 12/20/2010 2:47:52 PM   
ny59giants

I have a Kingfisher unit at San Fran at 100% training on Naval Attack. The settings are 2000 ft and range 2. It was increasing the LowN experience, but now it shows the experience gained is in NavB.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 73
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/20/2010 3:01:44 PM   
Lützow

I wonder if it's correct that neither autorun.exe nor WitPAE.exe get updated with this patch. Still shows version 1.04.1106 from july 2010.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 74
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/20/2010 4:11:51 PM   
Nikel

The updated files are in a new folder, beta.

Run the game through the new desktop shortcut

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 75
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/20/2010 4:15:54 PM   
KHawk

Wondering if anyone else is not able to train in LowG, LowN and Staf after installing the Beta?

Thanks,
KHawk

(in reply to Nikel)
Post #: 76
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/20/2010 4:56:03 PM   
CV2

quote:

ORIGINAL: KHawk

Wondering if anyone else is not able to train in LowG, LowN and Staf after installing the Beta?

Thanks,
KHawk

Have you tried resetting their alt to 100' and trying that?

Personally I think the "lows" should be eliminated anyways.

< Message edited by CV2 -- 12/20/2010 4:58:03 PM >

(in reply to KHawk)
Post #: 77
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/20/2010 5:14:34 PM   
KHawk

Yep tried that over a couple of turns with no change.

It looks like ny59giants is having the same problem from post #73.

Michael has probally called it a day so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks,
KHawk

(in reply to CV2)
Post #: 78
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/20/2010 5:22:43 PM   
Sauvequipeut

@michaelm

Thank you for the responses. Much appreciated.

(in reply to KHawk)
Post #: 79
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/21/2010 7:44:00 AM   
Pascal_slith

I have player defined upgrades ON, but when I try to change the next aircraft, I keep on getting the aircraft data screen with no change to the newly chosen aircraft. Seems both right and left click were set to the same action.

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Sauvequipeut)
Post #: 80
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/21/2010 7:47:32 AM   
michaelm75au

Can you post a couple of screen shots?

Or post a save and tell me the sequence of button/text pushing you are doing?

Michael

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 81
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/21/2010 7:56:54 AM   
viberpol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

I have player defined upgrades ON, but when I try to change the next aircraft, I keep on getting the aircraft data screen with no change to the newly chosen aircraft. Seems both right and left click were set to the same action.

That's a simple one Pascal.
Unclick "do not upgrade" button so you can actually change the line, not view the frame.

Post #: 82
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/21/2010 9:04:09 AM   
Pascal_slith

quote:

quote:

Unclick "do not upgrade" button so you can actually change the line, not view the frame.

OK. I see the problem. Previously, I did not have to click on the "upgrade/do not upgrade" switch to change the upgrade aircraft to effect a change. Now I have to. Extra mouse click now

Before, I could change the aircraft simply by choosing it and leave the frame showing "do not upgrade". I don't necessarily want to upgrade immediately, just change the aircraft it will go to when I do in the future. I usually have everything set to Manual so that no upgrades are done automatically.

< Message edited by Pascal -- 12/21/2010 9:06:00 AM >

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 83
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/21/2010 9:09:01 AM   
Pascal_slith

Another one. I have a Hudson III (LR) RAAF unit at Perth. I set it to Naval Search and set the arc to the desired set. I first kept the range to 11 hexes (normal range max). I then changed that to the full 14 hexes of extended range. However, the search arc set only went out to 12 hexes.

Post #: 84
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/21/2010 9:31:51 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I have not been getting any Allied Ops or Intel reports since the patch. I'm playing the Allies in a Scenario 2 PBEM. I run the Combat Replay, and then immediately load up the game file.

Why not??

One earlier complaint was that reports for different games tended to show up in the Ops/Sig reports. To fix that I cleared the reports before restoring any new reports in the new release.

The problem now is that the Allied player running the Combat Replay, which generates his reports, are now being cleared by restoring the new save.

I'll have another go trying to get the right combo, but it might be that the reports might need to remain as there is no relative easy way to check that the game date of the save against the turn date.

Michael

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 85
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/21/2010 10:31:53 AM   
viberpol

quote:

I'll have another go trying to get the right combo, but it might be that the reports might need to remain as there is no relative easy way to check that the game date of the save against the turn date.

New features & corrections, new problems, heh?

BTW. I realised you actually found the way to "freeze the line of pilots at one place" after clicking "get pilot"!? It now works as it should, not resetting the list it back to the first line. Good job to get rid of this player nuisance.

Post #: 86
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/21/2010 11:17:34 AM   
rjopel

Probably a minor fix but the combat summaries of Amphibious actions don't have a hex listed in the first line. With WITPAE Combat Reporter this means they don't plot correctly.

Example

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amphibious Assault at Makin

TF 15 troops unloading over beach at Makin, 136,125

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO HEX LISTED so doesn't plot.

TF 588 encounters mine field at Bataan (78,77)

Allied Ships
AM Lark
AM Quail
AM Tanager

11 mines cleared

HEX LISTED IN first line, message plots fine in Compay Reporter

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 87
RE: LowN vs NavB training - 12/21/2010 11:43:22 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK. I see the problem. Previously, I did not have to click on the "upgrade/do not upgrade" switch to change the upgrade aircraft to effect a change. Now I have to. Extra mouse click now

Before, I could change the aircraft simply by choosing it and leave the frame showing "do not upgrade". I don't necessarily want to upgrade immediately, just change the aircraft it will go to when I do in the future. I usually have everything set to Manual so that no upgrades are done automatically.

The 'upgrade/do not upgrade' button was added in an earlier patch to enable a quick turn on/off switch. IIRC originally, you needed to go into the upgrade screen and press the 'do not upgrade' button there.
So 'depending on your point of view', you either save a click or two, or you need an extra click or two.

Michael

Post #: 88
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/21/2010 12:30:15 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I have not been getting any Allied Ops or Intel reports since the patch. I'm playing the Allies in a Scenario 2 PBEM. I run the Combat Replay, and then immediately load up the game file.

Why not??

One earlier complaint was that reports for different games tended to show up in the Ops/Sig reports. To fix that I cleared the reports before restoring any new reports in the new release.

The problem now is that the Allied player running the Combat Replay, which generates his reports, are now being cleared by restoring the new save.

I guess you would have to parse the date on the first line of each report file?

Post #: 89
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/21/2010 12:54:34 PM   
CV2

In addition to not being able to withdraw naval units, you can no longer disband ground units. I have a shot up unit I was going to disband at Bombay with 300,000+ supply and no button. Moving the unit to Dehli next turn to see if I can disband it there. It is a CW unit (from Burma) if that matters.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 Dakota III Naval Attack?? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI