Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 12:36:40 AM   
ny59giants

The question will be what about those 6 USN and USAAF BFs that start the war in Philippines. You can pay the PPs to have them change command and get a fragment out to rebuild later. Will I now be able to let them die in the Philippines and pay the PP to rebuild them in San Fran later?? Is the decision now that they can be based solely on the command they are attached to before they die. I also like to get out those two large Dutch Aviation units.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 121
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 2:34:12 AM   
Pascal_slith

I think there is a display problem with search sectors. I indicated a problem with Hudson III (LR)'s earlier and now I'm looking at a display of PBY-5's from Canton Island. I've set the range to 21 hexes but the display goes all the way to 23 hexes.

I'll try a few other types of aircraft squadrons to see if this seems a consistent problem.

< Message edited by Pascal -- 12/25/2010 7:16:56 AM >

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 122
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 9:56:01 AM   
Theages

In versions prior to 1106i (i did not play that version) the PP-cost to reassign a unit to a different HQ was higher, if the target HQ was not in the same command structure. In this beta the cost is always the same. Is this a diliberate change or a bug?

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 123
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 11:17:50 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

I think there is a display problem with search sectors. I indicated a problem with Hudson III (LR)'s earlier and now I'm looking at a display of PBY-5's from Canton Island. I've set the range to 21 hexes but the display goes all the way to 23 hexes.

I'll try a few other types of aircraft squadrons to see if this seems a consistent problem.

If find some, send me a save and location to look at.
Due to the map's hexagons, only the horizontal or vertical axis count the correct number of hexes.

Michael

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 124
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 2:40:45 PM   
Hotschi

In this new beta, the loading procedure has somewhat changed;

1.) In 1106i you could form a TF, order to load whatever (be it troops or cargo), and leave it without setting a destination.

Doing it this way was my trick to ensure a whole LCU gets loaded without any bits and pieces left behind.

Now with the new beta, the TF, if not given a destination, automatically sets its home port as such, loads the stuff, and when complete in one turn, unloads the whole lot the next turn still in its home port.

I can still do it in my old way as described above, but I also have to set the TF to "Remain on Station" and "Do not Unload" to prevent it unloading at home port as soon as it has completed loading.

WAD?

< Message edited by Hotschi -- 12/25/2010 2:42:10 PM >

Post #: 125
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 3:54:13 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

1.) In 1106i you could form a TF, order to load whatever (be it troops or cargo), and leave it without setting a destination.

Doing it this way was my trick to ensure a whole LCU gets loaded without any bits and pieces left behind.

Now with the new beta, the TF, if not given a destination, automatically sets its home port as such, loads the stuff, and when complete in one turn, unloads the whole lot the next turn still in its home port.

I can still do it in my old way as described above, but I also have to set the TF to "Remain on Station" and "Do not Unload" to prevent it unloading at home port as soon as it has completed loading.

WAD?

just put the TF on "do not unload"

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 126
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 4:18:22 PM   
Rainer

Hotschi:
quote:

I can still do it in my old way as described above, but I also have to set the TF to "Remain on Station" and "Do not
Unload"

Castor Troy:
quote:

Is that some sort of IQ test?

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 127
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 4:21:17 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

Hotschi:
quote:

I can still do it in my old way as described above, but I also have to set the TF to "Remain on Station" and "Do not
Unload"

Castor Troy:
quote:

Is that some sort of IQ test?

oops, sorry, obviously missed that one

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 128
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 4:22:35 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

If find some, send me a save and location to look at.
Due to the map's hexagons, only the horizontal or vertical axis count the correct number of hexes.

For anybody who wants it, here is a distance calculator spreadsheet (in Open Office format). Put in the two hex coordinates and it gives you the distance in hexes.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 129
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 7:13:40 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

WAD?

Not setting a destination was causing other problems elsewhere (certain fields were not being set on TF formation) so it will default to the home base now.
If you wish to just load the TF, then set the 'Do not unload' option as you said.

Michael

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 130
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/25/2010 8:38:52 PM   
Hotschi

Thanks, guess it's time to change old habits

Another one I discovered, it's no longer possible to use the Escape key to return a TF to its home base.

For example, I got a TF in Brisbane and change the home port to Rabaul, in order to save me a second map scroll up to Rabaul for setting its destination, I simply pressed ESC and Rabaul was set automatically as such.

Post #: 131
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/26/2010 12:54:20 PM   
Halsey

Has withdrawing ships been changed?
No ship screen toggle shows up.

Why can't I reset offmap routing prefences anymore?
Have to do it when the TF gets on map now, yuck...

Plus the unloading TF option isn't clear about what it's really doing.
The TF unload toggle stays on unload, no matter what the TF is doing.
Can be confusing.

Units set on night missions.
Can you change the font color to grey or something?
The black lettering is just about invisible on the screen.

The rest looks good.
Keep it up!

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 132
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/26/2010 1:56:54 PM   
michaelm75au

1. Bug in that the button isn't showing. Fixed in new build.
2. The on-map routing upsets off-map movement. I see it showing when TF is in waiting box to enter map.
3. The unload/load toggle isn't always changing. Seems to depend on individual circumstances at time of showing TF. Added extra test in new build.
4. I'll see what I can do.

Michael

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 133
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/26/2010 2:12:18 PM   
viberpol

I don't know if alt font is officialy supported but it seems that the Mitsubishi engines are too long to appear correctly on the screen. Now their last digit is cut... showing only Mitsubishi Ha-3 instead of Mitsubishi Ha-33/34/44 etc. as it is they're not sorting correctly.

B5M1 Ha-33 then...
B6N2a is Mitsu Ha-32
D3A1 again Ha-33
although I sorted by engine type.

Attachment (1)

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

Post #: 134
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/27/2010 2:15:29 AM   
Halsey

quote:

1. Bug in that the button isn't showing. Fixed in new build.
2. The on-map routing upsets off-map movement. I see it showing when TF is in waiting box to enter map.
3. The unload/load toggle isn't always changing. Seems to depend on individual circumstances at time of showing TF. Added extra test in new build.
4. I'll see what I can do.

Excellent Michael, thanks for your continued support.

Post #: 135
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/27/2010 3:26:56 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: viberpol

I don't know if alt font is officialy supported but it seems that the Mitsubishi engines are too long to appear correctly on the screen. Now their last digit is cut... showing only Mitsubishi Ha-3 instead of Mitsubishi Ha-33/34/44 etc. as it is they're not sorting correctly.

B5M1 Ha-33 then...
B6N2a is Mitsu Ha-32
D3A1 again Ha-33

There is only so much space in these columns. The sort does work on the actual columns contents, but I have added hooks in some sorts to use the data content instead of the column text (eg some sort by rank use the the rank number rather than rank name to get the 'ranking' order).
I can try moving left and cutting back on the plane name.

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 136
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/27/2010 4:04:39 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: viberpol

B5M1 Ha-33 then...
B6N2a is Mitsu Ha-32
D3A1 again Ha-33

There is only so much space in these columns. The sort does work on the actual columns contents, but I have added hooks in some sorts to use the data content instead of the column text (eg some sort by rank use the the rank number rather than rank name to get the 'ranking' order).
I can try moving left and cutting back on the plane name.

Thanks michael. Appreciate all of your efforts.

Pax

Post #: 137
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/27/2010 6:46:42 AM   
39battalion

Just commenced a new campaign as Allies vs AI (scenario 6 ) Two day turns.

My combat, operations and sigint reports are all blank. However if I look carefully at them I can just see the outlines of some text. Can't read it as it shows as white text on a white background.

I know that a similar problem has already been reported but this additional information might assist with resolution of the issue.

Also wanted to express my appreciation for the wonderful support michaelm has been providing. Thanks in particular Michael for sorting out the search arcs problem---one of the coolest features of the game.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 138
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/27/2010 7:32:10 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: 39battalion

Just commenced a new campaign as Allies vs AI (scenario 6 ) Two day turns.

My combat, operations and sigint reports are all blank. However if I look carefully at them I can just see the outlines of some text. Can't read it as it shows as white text on a white background.

I know that a similar problem has already been reported but this additional information might assist with resolution of the issue.

Also wanted to express my appreciation for the wonderful support michaelm has been providing. Thanks in particular Michael for sorting out the search arcs problem---one of the coolest features of the game.

Check the report text files in the SAVE directory. They are what are shown on the screen.
Is there any data in them.

Michael

(in reply to 39battalion)
Post #: 139
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - 12/27/2010 8:20:39 PM   
jwilkerson

Switching to new thread for new beta build 1108c ...

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

Post #: 140
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI