Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

dumb question: what's H2H??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> dumb question: what's H2H?? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
dumb question: what's H2H?? - 9/3/2002 5:23:44 AM   
Adamo

anybody??
Post #: 1
Re: dumb question: what's H2H?? - 9/3/2002 6:21:28 AM   
pasternakski

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adamo
[B]anybody?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Head-to-head, as opposed to human-versus-artificial-stupidity.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 2
- 9/3/2002 7:37:07 AM   
Jack

Terminologies can be confusing. It's designed specifically for people who prefer playing other people. The oob's are different and some game mechanics. It's the only version I use.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 3
- 9/3/2002 7:58:16 AM   
Redleg

Jack: You'll be happy to hear that Jorg has modified a batch of scenarios, maps, and even a campaign for H2H play.

You'll be able to get these at [URL=http://www.redleg.homestead.com/]Dirty Dozen[/URL]

When? In a few days. The next posting is nearly complete.

Pass the word to H2H players -

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 4
- 9/3/2002 8:07:51 AM   
Jack

Thanks Redleg,
How are the maps different? I thought the maps are the same for all versions.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 5
- 9/3/2002 2:51:20 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack
[B]Thanks Redleg,
How are the maps different? I thought the maps are the same for all versions. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Jack !

You're right, these maps are no different to v7.1 maps and are usable with both versions.
The maps are prepared for PBEM the way, that you only gotta purchase and deploy forces. Vic hexes and start lines are already set for a certain type of encounter (meeting, advance, assault).
These maps are from scenarios or the map contest and belong to the best maps I've ever seen for SPWAW.
These maps are just way to good to be used only once in a scenario...

So everybody who likes playing vs human on good looking maps can download them, no matter what version.

The rest of the package will be 12 Dirty Dozen scenarios converted to H2H OOBs and Wild Bill's great new mini-campaign "Flesh and Steel" in the Pacific, also converted to H2H OOBs...

To Adamo:

H2H is a module with primary focus on human vs human play, but not exclusively. AI play works just like in v7.1. It features all b/w pics for units, improved OOBs, new icons and...

Click on my banner below and judge yourself ;)

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 6
- 9/4/2002 1:08:54 AM   
Redleg

Certain maps for scenarios contain features that are not conducive for other gaming. Some of these have been "scrubbed" so terrain features designed to make the AI behave in certain ways will not interfere with H2H play.

So even though the original scenario map would work, it may not work very well.

Then there is always the issue of the start lines and exit hexes which can cause a lot of trouble for players when they attempt to use a scenario map for pbem or H2H.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 7
- 9/4/2002 1:44:53 AM   
Gallo Rojo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Panzer Leo
[B]

Hi Jack !

You're right, these maps are no different to v7.1 maps and are usable with both versions.
The maps are prepared for PBEM the way, that you only gotta purchase and deploy forces. Vic hexes and start lines are already set for a certain type of encounter (meeting, advance, assault).
These maps are from scenarios or the map contest and belong to the best maps I've ever seen for SPWAW.
These maps are just way to good to be used only once in a scenario...

So everybody who likes playing vs human on good looking maps can download them, no matter what version.

The rest of the package will be 12 Dirty Dozen scenarios converted to H2H OOBs and Wild Bill's great new mini-campaign "Flesh and Steel" in the Pacific, also converted to H2H OOBs...

To Adamo:

H2H is a module with primary focus on human vs human play, but not exclusively. AI play works just like in v7.1. It features all b/w pics for units, improved OOBs, new icons and...

Click on my banner below and judge yourself ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

OK ... your web page is already in my favorites and I'm dowloading H2H version right now ...
Two questions:
1. Since this is a new SPWaW version (not just a simple OOB set) I wonder if I need to do a second instalation of the game or if I just can run it at my current instalation. I mean: If I do not want to do a second instalation (and I do not want) which files should I save? I gues that I have to save all 7.1 OOB I and also de mech.exe for v7.1 ... Is there any other file that I have to back up?
2. Pleas, Correct me if I'm wrong: to have just one instalation and change versions from regular/official matrix's v7.1 and vH2H all I have to do is changing the mech.exe and the OOB files that are in the root directory of SPWAW. Am I right or I have to do some other changes?

Best
Gallo Rojo

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 8
- 9/4/2002 3:10:33 AM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gallo Rojo
[B]

OK ... your web page is already in my favorites and I'm dowloading H2H version right now ...
Two questions:
1. Since this is a new SPWaW version (not just a simple OOB set) I wonder if I need to do a second instalation of the game or if I just can run it at my current instalation. I mean: If I do not want to do a second instalation (and I do not want) which files should I save? I gues that I have to save all 7.1 OOB I and also de mech.exe for v7.1 ... Is there any other file that I have to back up?
2. Pleas, Correct me if I'm wrong: to have just one instalation and change versions from regular/official matrix's v7.1 and vH2H all I have to do is changing the mech.exe and the OOB files that are in the root directory of SPWAW. Am I right or I have to do some other changes?

Best
Gallo Rojo [/B][/QUOTE]

Basically, the swapping of the mech.exe and the OOBs should work. But as there're also changes to the icons and pics wierd behaviour on some units might appear (wrong icon showing up or wrong pic are the most likely - also wrong sounds might appear). The game is not likely to crash, but expect some irregularities...
These pic and icon errors cannot be avoided - there're more then 1800 new pics and 50 shps (icon files) will be overwritten when installing H2H (and some 20 sounds).

A second installation would be the save way - swapping mech.exe and OOBs might work in the these limits...that's all I can say :)

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 9
- 9/4/2002 6:22:51 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Ok, I will doing a second installation then.
Thanks

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 10
- 9/4/2002 10:26:57 PM   
Svennemir

Once I posted a few SPWAW tips and tricks, you might want to compress one of your installations to conserve space. Here's the link: (scroll down)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18048

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 11
- 9/5/2002 1:05:57 AM   
Gallo Rojo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Svennemir
[B]Once I posted a few SPWAW tips and tricks, you might want to compress one of your installations to conserve space. Here's the link: (scroll down)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18048 [/B][/QUOTE]

great info. thanks

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 12
- 9/5/2002 3:23:04 AM   
Commander Klank

Biggest differnce in H2H and 7.1 is the fact that you get no damage and casulty reports on enemy units you fire on. In a way this is more realistic; no more recon by artillery and a few other "gaming tricks" you could do by shooting at hexes.

The OOBs are way differnt as well with the German one having completly German name which tends to drive German players nuts at first.....LOL:D

I also suspect the ratings of most of the units has been tuned up a bit more than 7.1. It also seems the accurcy of some units have been affected; notably the Germans.

But that's just my 2 cents worth :D

Commander Klank

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 13
- 9/5/2002 6:54:20 AM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Commander Klank
[B]I also suspect the ratings of most of the units has been tuned up a bit more than 7.1. It also seems the accurcy of some units have been affected; notably the Germans.

But that's just my 2 cents worth :D [/B][/QUOTE]

The "tuned up" effect you noticed is probably the increase of the experience level of many nations by 5 and the increased rate of fire for tank combat in general (tank guns, AT guns and the like).
Accuracy ratings have not been touched (except if whole weapon categories got reworked like Inf-AT) - they were usually excellent researched in v7.1 and work fine :D

The reasons why things "feel" different are often many and it's quite interesting to see how people realize certain changes in the game and what values influence this "feeling"... :)

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 14
- 9/6/2002 2:34:40 AM   
Redleg

H2H is sounding better and better. One feature mentioned here that is worth a lot to me is the lack of detailed damage reports. I always thought it strange that I would know that I hit an enemy in the finger at 1000 yards! :rolleyes:

It looks like still another installation of SPWAW will be added to my system soon.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 15
To PzLeo: equipment prices in H2H - 9/6/2002 8:27:03 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Cheers Panzer Leo!

I just finished to download and install both H2H and the patch … I have not played yet, just look into the encyclopedia and OOBs.

I look like you have done a hard work on it! Congratulations!

Just a couple of questions:

What criteria did you use to put prices (I mean in purchase points) to the equipment?

Soviet equipment seems to be much cheaper than in v7.1 … is that because is worst in H2H version o to reflect an historical fact? Something that surprised me was that T-35/85 is cheaper than Pz-IVh although the Soviet tank was superior.

I notice that on 1944 SS medium tanks are cheaper than regular German Army ones (although they are elite), is this a bug?

Thanks you

Gallo Rojo

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 16
Re: To PzLeo: equipment prices in H2H - 9/6/2002 4:34:14 PM   
Panzer Leo

[B]Cheers Panzer Leo!

I just finished to download and install both H2H and the patch … I have not played yet, just look into the encyclopedia and OOBs.

I look like you have done a hard work on it! Congratulations!

Just a couple of questions:

What criteria did you use to put prices (I mean in purchase points) to the equipment?

Soviet equipment seems to be much cheaper than in v7.1 … is that because is worst in H2H version o to reflect an historical fact? Something that surprised me was that T-35/85 is cheaper than Pz-IVh although the Soviet tank was superior.

I notice that on 1944 SS medium tanks are cheaper than regular German Army ones (although they are elite), is this a bug?

Thanks you

Gallo Rojo [/B][/QUOTE]

The prices: v7.1 was done with the "formulae" and I used it as sort of guideline...but this formulae had some weak spots and handled whole groups of units in an I think unrealistic way (AA guns and trucks are two examples where 7.1 and H2H costs differ a lot).
You're right, that I also used costs to work in historical setups. I think it was Svennemir who came up with the idea of putting rarity and costs into a relation - it is only on some units, but of these a few are quite important. The T-34 is one of these...the Russians get simply "awarded" for producing that many T-34s and get it at a better price...this (as I said there're other units, too) is to "lure" players into historical battle setups...if you do not buy T-34s as a Russian, but rather rare models (let's say a KV-85 or so), you do not only pay for the technical difference (the way the formulae works), but also you don't get the bonus of the mass product (therefore you "pay" additionally for going with something extraordinary).
There's also a big difference in the T-34 family. If you go with a "standard" model, you get the bonus - but if you want the rather rare beefed up versions like T-34E, you will notice, that the difference in costs is more then just the armor makes up for...
Because of this reasons, the Germans ofcourse don't get a bonus for their tanks and this can have the result of Russians getting the better tank for less costs...but they loose on other values, though ;)
It depends on the nation on what or if at all they got a bonus - Germany has extremely expensive infantry, e.g. and the Bulgarians get it almost for free...there can be big differences...

Ehhhmmm...the SS tanks can't be cheaper - they are the same units and the bonus for elite is automatically applied - could you have mixed it up there ?

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 17
H2H !!! - 9/8/2002 7:36:25 PM   
David Lehmann

Hello,

I've just downloaded and tried the H2H mod ... in one word : great ! I like it ! The OB are more realistic in their construction, especially for the germans ... sad that the Fw190 and the amphibian units (schwimmwagen, Tauchpanzer) have dissapeared.

David

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing in the tempting place."

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 18
Re: H2H !!! - 9/9/2002 1:07:25 AM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Lehmann
[B]Hello,

I've just downloaded and tried the H2H mod ... in one word : great ! I like it ! The OB are more realistic in their construction, especially for the germans ... sad that the Fw190 and the amphibian units (schwimmwagen, Tauchpanzer) have dissapeared.

David [/B][/QUOTE]

Glad you like it :)

The FW190 is in Norway from 1941 on and normally purchaseable...Tauchpanzer are in the Czech, but only for scenario design

have fun...

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 19
Re: Re: To PzLeo: equipment prices in H2H - 9/11/2002 11:41:29 AM   
Gallo Rojo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Panzer Leo
[B]

Ehhhmmm...the SS tanks can't be cheaper - they are the same units and the bonus for elite is automatically applied - could you have mixed it up there ? [/B][/QUOTE]

You're right. My mistake.

I took a closer look to your version and I come with new questions :)

1) Russian T-34 tanks don't have APCR ammo until september. Why is this? Is is historicaly accurate? ... First T-34 with APCR ammo in H2H is a T-34m43 model that appears in september... is it a m43 different from the other m43? (I mean, in other aspects appart from havin APCR ammo. I know that there were many variations withing the "standar" m43 (the one that Germans called "MikyMouse", but is this "september T-34m43" one of those variants?)

2) I find a mistake in one of your pictures in Soviet OOB. Is one of the SU-85 (you have two SU-85, isn't it?). Well, the unit is a SU-85 but the picture corresponds to a SU-100. Picture I'm talking about is one where you can see a column (actually you picture only shows two vehicles) of SU rolling at one snowed road. The SU ahead has one crew man (the commander, I guess) stand out one of the hatches. Well, as far as I now, this is not a SU-85, is a SU-100 in east prussia. Tank number is "281". If you look carefully you may see the this round little turret on the right side of the vehicle (this turret that both T-34/85 and SU-100). I really know the unit, in fact, I build this tank in 1/35 scale :D

3) According with penetration tables in your version, soviet 72.6mm gun can only penetrate 78mm of armour plate at 10 hex or less ... But I have been done some test and T-34/76 actually can take a Tiger (82mm armour plate on rear and side) at 6-5 hex of distance ... and I think that I'm not all killing shots were "vulnerable location hits" ... I think that is historically acurate that a T-34/76 could take a Tiger at 300 mts by rear or side ... but I don't understadn why according to the penetration tables this is not possible (althougth it is -both in the game as was possible in the reality)

I like very much your version :)

Best
Gallo

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 20
- 9/11/2002 11:47:03 AM   
Gallo Rojo

PS: I have attached a picture of the SU-100 on the previous post ... but I don't know if is visible or not :confused:

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 21
Re: Re: Re: To PzLeo: equipment prices in H2H - 9/11/2002 4:35:38 PM   
Panzer Leo

[B]

You're right. My mistake.

I took a closer look to your version and I come with new questions :)

1) Russian T-34 tanks don't have APCR ammo until september. Why is this? Is is historicaly accurate? ... First T-34 with APCR ammo in H2H is a T-34m43 model that appears in september... is it a m43 different from the other m43? (I mean, in other aspects appart from havin APCR ammo. I know that there were many variations withing the "standar" m43 (the one that Germans called "MikyMouse", but is this "september T-34m43" one of those variants?)

2) I find a mistake in one of your pictures in Soviet OOB. Is one of the SU-85 (you have two SU-85, isn't it?). Well, the unit is a SU-85 but the picture corresponds to a SU-100. Picture I'm talking about is one where you can see a column (actually you picture only shows two vehicles) of SU rolling at one snowed road. The SU ahead has one crew man (the commander, I guess) stand out one of the hatches. Well, as far as I now, this is not a SU-85, is a SU-100 in east prussia. Tank number is "281". If you look carefully you may see the this round little turret on the right side of the vehicle (this turret that both T-34/85 and SU-100). I really know the unit, in fact, I build this tank in 1/35 scale :D

3) According with penetration tables in your version, soviet 72.6mm gun can only penetrate 78mm of armour plate at 10 hex or less ... But I have been done some test and T-34/76 actually can take a Tiger (82mm armour plate on rear and side) at 6-5 hex of distance ... and I think that I'm not all killing shots were "vulnerable location hits" ... I think that is historically acurate that a T-34/76 could take a Tiger at 300 mts by rear or side ... but I don't understadn why according to the penetration tables this is not possible (althougth it is -both in the game as was possible in the reality)

I like very much your version :)

Best
Gallo [/B][/QUOTE]

1) As with all nations, the APCR load was completely redone in H2H, to fit more historical amounts. Russian data is hard to come by, but according to what I could find, the first real use of APCR ammo in relevant numbers was at Kursk, mainly for 45mm AT-guns. It took a while for the T-34/76 to catch up and get APCR ammo, but as the T-34/85 reached the battlefield, this ammo became more frequent. T-34/76 m43 is no different from it's brother, except for a few APCR shots - but these shots make the difference in killing a Tiger or not...

2) The pic is wrong, but you're not right also :D
The tank in the snow is a SU-85M - a SU-100 with a 85mm gun...but I mixed it up with the regular SU-85 pic...

3) Was your T-34/76 killing the Tiger without a vulnerable location hit the m43 with APCR ? Otherwise it should be about impossible to crack the Tiger with the rather weak 76mm, when not hitting a good spot...

BTW...yeah, I could see the pic - good model !

have fun :)

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 22
- 9/11/2002 7:30:50 PM   
Charles2222

I just downloaded H2H as a seperate game yesterday. All seems fine except for onr thing so far. The Russian WWII campaign crashes to the desktop and totally screws up the desktop resolution (it's changed to something like 100X100). I tried starting it in 12/40 instead and the same thig occurred. If I didn't want to play as the USSR, which I do, I still worry about if I campaign as another nation and end up having to fight them if it'll crash too.

Any ideas on how to stop the crash? I've tried GE and BR so far and neither crashes. I think the USSR crashes after I pick my core, but it certainly never gets into deployment. Thanks.

BTW, my previous version of 7.1 was slightly modified to my designs, though I didn't even touch the USSR.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 23
- 9/11/2002 8:02:02 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charles_22
[B]I just downloaded H2H as a seperate game yesterday. All seems fine except for onr thing so far. The Russian WWII campaign crashes to the desktop and totally screws up the desktop resolution (it's changed to something like 100X100). I tried starting it in 12/40 instead and the same thig occurred. If I didn't want to play as the USSR, which I do, I still worry about if I campaign as another nation and end up having to fight them if it'll crash too.

Any ideas on how to stop the crash? I've tried GE and BR so far and neither crashes. I think the USSR crashes after I pick my core, but it certainly never gets into deployment. Thanks.

BTW, my previous version of 7.1 was slightly modified to my designs, though I didn't even touch the USSR. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I had a Russian campaign crash also, but after I played around with the date (changing month, too), it never happened again and even if restarting SPWAW, the Russian campaign went flawless...maybe if you play with the dates a bit more, it gets corrected also...
I have no idea, why this occurrs, nor do I know if this is H2H specific or also in v7.1 - I didn't touch anything concerning these campaigns and especially on the Russian side nothing related to campaigns changed... :confused:
Maybe someone experienced this, too - on 7.1 or H2H ?

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 24
- 9/11/2002 8:12:45 PM   
Charles2222

Panzer Leo: Thanks for the reply, but I'm quite sure I've seen others post about that problem with the USSR. I believe I tried it a couple of times with the start date as 7/39 or something, and then it naturally shifts to 12/40 as the first battle (I do that because in SPWW2 the USSR fights in Poland as well). The last attempt, as I said, I shifted the start date to 12/40 and after the core selection it crashes again. It's failed every single time. From the looks of things I doubt it'll work if I go as far forward as 6/41, but I'll probably give it a try.

I'm reassured somewhat that somebody has played campaigns and it not crash, but whether somebody has campaigned with the USSR as the opponent, and it not crash, remains to be seen. At least at this point the campaign is letting you pick the core before it crashes, but if it does the same thing when the AI picks forces there's a problem, although I think it fair to say that the AI may not have such a thing as a core, but only picks one entire force.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 25
- 9/12/2002 7:15:56 AM   
Charles2222

I got home and fired up a USSR campaign starting 6/41. It worked. Scratching my head and thinking maybe there's a tooth fairy factor involved, I decided to fire off the same campaign as I did yesterday, that is, with the earliest possible starting time. Hmm, it worked. That was only a test though and I didn't waste time picking units with care, so I fired it up again with care taken for unit selection and it worked again. Maybe there's a first day break-in period for the USSR in picking campaigns, or it takes 3-5 campaign failures before it starts working.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 26
- 9/12/2002 3:26:24 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charles_22
[B]I got home and fired up a USSR campaign starting 6/41. It worked. Scratching my head and thinking maybe there's a tooth fairy factor involved, I decided to fire off the same campaign as I did yesterday, that is, with the earliest possible starting time. Hmm, it worked. That was only a test though and I didn't waste time picking units with care, so I fired it up again with care taken for unit selection and it worked again. Maybe there's a first day break-in period for the USSR in picking campaigns, or it takes 3-5 campaign failures before it starts working. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here - it just crashed the very first time I tried to start it...this is some of the mysteries, that you'll never understand...somewhere down in the depth of coding lies this little bug monster and comes out from time to time...but I'm glad your campaign works now, too...

have fun...

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 27
tank to tank fire accuracy - 9/14/2002 3:54:31 PM   
David Lehmann

I like H2H, the balance between germans and US for example seems more realistic, US aren't such kind of rambos anymore or germans are better I don't know ... I have found that in comparison to standard 7.1 the tank hit % has been decreased except for Tigers I and II ... is that real or just a feeling ?

David

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing in the tempting place."

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 28
Re: tank to tank fire accuracy - 9/14/2002 4:33:25 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Lehmann
[B]I like H2H, the balance between germans and US for example seems more realistic, US aren't such kind of rambos anymore or germans are better I don't know ... I have found that in comparison to standard 7.1 the tank hit % has been decreased except for Tigers I and II ... is that real or just a feeling ?

David [/B][/QUOTE]

The felt "balance" between US and Germans is mainly due to a decrease of a few US stats, the Germans stayed the same.
The hit % was touched indirectly - the only thing that influences this chance that was notably changed by me is the leadership rating...I reworked several of these values and got closer to older SP versions, making the US,e.g. loose a bit on that site...
If you add these Indirect factors (like the US having in '43 a bit lower experience and leadership rating then in 7.1), you'll notice lower hit % on the battlefield for them...in genreal the nations tend to have a wider spread in terms of exp and leadership ratings, then in 7.1.
The later versions of SPWAW kind of made these values more equalized (especially Experience) - in H2H you will notice a stronger effect if the nation you're playing was in good shape or only retreating that year...
I interpreted the leadership value more by focusing on the general quality and achievements on that field of military training, then on individual exceptions - that means, that a nation with a rather bad training for leaders can ofcourse have excellent squad leaders, because of talent and experience gained in the field (Russia is a good example), but I accounted more for the concept of a nation to achieve a standard...and the standard training and capability of Russian leaders without extensive combat experience was rather poor...due to the way the rating in SPWAW works, unfortunately the good exceptions do not show up, when you have a low base rating for your nation, but that is nothing I can do about...
To make it short: I awarded nations with an excellent leader training, like the Germans (early war mainly) and the UK with pretty high average ratings and nations that didn't care that much about this, like the Russians lost on that side - they have to make up the lower leadership with higher experience...the US are somewhere inbetween - not really good, but not bad either...

hope that helps...

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 29
- 9/14/2002 5:26:49 PM   
David Lehmann

Yes ! thanks ! sounds interesting, glad to have these explanations ... I am going from surprise to surprise by discovering your mod ... so many things are cool ... I just noticed that Flakpanzer 38 for instance got a smaller icone, it was not to scale before :)
I wonder to know why you have changed some availability dates e.g. firefly IIc and Vc as well as Achilles IIc are available from august 1944 (july in 7.1) ... is that based on specific information or just due to some practical accomodations ?
In fact I would like to know if the firefly used in july on the Normandy TO were only Ic or could have been IIc and Vc too ... Do you know if the Achilles IIc has been used in Normandy during the same time ?

David

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> dumb question: what's H2H?? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI