Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adm. Nimitz

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Adm. Nimitz Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adm. Nimitz - 1/5/2011 9:30:04 AM   
Trekkie

I am curious - what is his mission in your games? Do you replace Kimmel with him or do you have different task for him?

(If I am asking already answered question, I´m sorry, however it seems that there is something terribly wrong with the search engine. So I am joining the crowd shouting "Please, do something with that!")

< Message edited by Trekkie -- 1/5/2011 9:35:39 AM >

"One hawk chases down many crows" - 313th (Czechoslovak) RAF squadron motto
Post #: 1
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/5/2011 9:58:08 AM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekkie

I am curious - what is his mission in your games? Do you replace Kimmel with him or do you have different task for him?

(If I am asking already answered question, I´m sorry, however it seems that there is something terribly wrong with the search engine. So I am joining the crowd shouting "Please, do something with that!")

I give Kimmel the Battle Fleet and assign Nimitz the theatre command. It's what they were most qualified for.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to Trekkie)
Post #: 2
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/5/2011 1:56:47 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

I put him at Star Fleet command, while Kimmel commands the Yamato and Picard the Enterprise. So far only problem I have is the Enterprise was decomissioned awhile ago, some Cpt named Kirk ran off with a bunch of tribbles.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to Trekkie)
Post #: 3
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/5/2011 2:08:50 PM   
morganbj

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

quote:

I put him at Star Fleet command, while Kimmel commands the Yamato and Picard the Enterprise. So far only problem I have is the Enterprise was decomissioned awhile ago, some Cpt named Kirk ran off with a bunch of tribbles.

That is, after all, the touble with tribbles.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 4
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/5/2011 6:09:30 PM   
Trekkie

Fascinating. I really love the level of penetration of Star Trek into common knowledge. BTW, I remember USS Nimitz starship in one of Star Trek games

"One hawk chases down many crows" - 313th (Czechoslovak) RAF squadron motto

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 5
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/5/2011 7:56:19 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I leave Kimmel in Hawaii where he can't do any damage. Plus I cant help feeling sorry for the guy.

Nimitz is of more value in a regional command (like SOPAC) where he can actually make a difference. Adm. Ghormley is good at Scrabble but he is just a sissy boy.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 1/5/2011 7:57:08 PM >

(in reply to Trekkie)
Post #: 6
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/5/2011 10:48:55 PM   
Alpha77

"Nimitz is of more value in a regional command (like SOPAC) where he can actually make a difference"

Can he make no difference in high command ?

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 7
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/7/2011 8:05:45 AM   
Capt Hornblower

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

I give Kimmel the Battle Fleet and assign Nimitz the theatre command. It's what they were most qualified for.

According to the Change of Command (i.e., commander replacement) screen, Kimmel is most suited for a rear-area command and Nimitz for an assault command.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 8
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/7/2011 11:43:14 AM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Hornblower

quote:

According to the Change of Command (i.e., commander replacement) screen, Kimmel is most suited for a rear-area command and Nimitz for an assault command.

And you think that's a better judge than you are?

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to Capt Hornblower)
Post #: 9
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/8/2011 5:32:47 AM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

quote:

Are you sure he didn't run off with some green skinned alien women ?

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 10
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/8/2011 11:53:03 PM   
Capt Hornblower

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Hornblower

quote:

And you think that's a better judge than you are?

Just reporting what I see. Altho I don't know as I'd give Kimmel anything important to command.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 11
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/9/2011 6:53:53 AM   
marky

depends on how im feeling 

usually i would give nimitz the pacific and send kimmel somewhere else. but that was in WITP, i only finally just got AE.

(in reply to Capt Hornblower)
Post #: 12
RE: Adm. Nimitz - 1/9/2011 7:31:26 AM   
Cribtop

Re Nimitz I feel compelled to say:

Don't mess with Texas!

That is all.

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Adm. Nimitz Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI