Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leningrad Tutorial - VP Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Leningrad Tutorial - VP Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leningrad Tutorial - VP Question - 1/5/2011 3:07:57 PM   
RobertWevodau

First of all, thanks to Don for the great tutorial with the Leningrad scenario (Operation Boot Camp). This has been a huge help to learn the game. I do have a question regarding victory point totals. On page 75 of the Boot Camp pdf, there is a paragraph describing the victory screen after a few bombing runs on Turn 1:

So far all we have done is run Air Recon and bombed a few airbases, but as you can see we already have scored 18 points to the Soviet's 1 victory point. Essentially the way this works is for each side the scenario designer setup the losses per victory points, so in this screen we can see that for the Axis to gain a victory point they need to cause 1000 men to be lost, or for every 100 guns destroyed they gain a victory point, for every 10 AFV eliminated the Axis gains a victory point. and finally for every 5 aircraft destroyed a victory point is achieved. Now look to the right and view what the Soviets gain for causing Axis casualties, it's pretty even for this scenario but others may have victory points assigned per loss.

Looking at the Victory screen, we see that the Axis has destroyed 458 SU aircraft. At 5 points per aircraft (see above) that should be 91 VP, but there are only 18 VP on the screen shot. What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help,

Robert
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Leningrad Tutorial - VP Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI