Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of things.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> A couple of things. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of things. - 1/12/2011 3:42:36 AM   
JoePirulo

First: thanks to all that made this wonderful game possible: Mr. Grigsby, Mr. Billings, Mr. Rutins, Mr. Heath, Mr. Zagzin, Mr. Brors, and all of you. The effort you put on this game, doesnīt compare to the price Iīve paid for it. Iīve been playing the GC as the axis since the release, easy till dec. 41, then normal till now (oct. 42). I really enjoy this game.
But, it has some issues.
a. English is not my native language, please be patient.
b. I donīt know the history as well as many of the people here, so be more patient, if the answer is history related.

1. Axis allies refit.
No matter how long they rest (over the rail, over the HQ, and well supllied, lot of hung. manpower and Arm points): 1st Hung. Arm Div. never gets a single motorcycle squad; 2nd Hung Arm Div never gets more than 23 mediums tanks

Italian bomber fighters; they produce and old biplane (13 per week of the cr.42 falco) 0 of the new type: the Saetta. Level bombers, and fighters they have a lot, but no squadrons at all..

2. German rail repair:
Itīs simply annoying. I remember it was discussed in the forum, but, IMO, itīs better to give the player more control. Maybe give x hex repair capacity per turn...

3. Planes.
I have a lot of planes in the pool, a lot, 1k of FW190A, more than 1k o HE111h4, 1k Ju88A, but the total planes (OB) are 3400... the SU has more than 16k planes, is this WAD?

4. Manpower.

In turn 1 iīve 3879 manpower center producing manpower (as per event log); in october 42 iīve conquered a lot of SU territory, but still only 3875 manpower center producing (as per event log)... less than turn 2. Is this wad?

Thanks in advance.
Max

Max
Post #: 1
RE: A couple of things. - 1/13/2011 2:49:27 PM   
JoePirulo

Is anybody out there???

Max

(in reply to JoePirulo)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple of things. - 1/13/2011 6:09:02 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoePirulo

First: thanks to all that made this wonderful game possible: Mr. Grigsby, Mr. Billings, Mr. Rutins, Mr. Heath, Mr. Zagzin, Mr. Brors, and all of you. The effort you put on this game, doesnīt compare to the price Iīve paid for it. Iīve been playing the GC as the axis since the release, easy till dec. 41, then normal till now (oct. 42). I really enjoy this game.
But, it has some issues.
a. English is not my native language, please be patient.
b. I donīt know the history as well as many of the people here, so be more patient, if the answer is history related.

1. Axis allies refit.
No matter how long they rest (over the rail, over the HQ, and well supllied, lot of hung. manpower and Arm points): 1st Hung. Arm Div. never gets a single motorcycle squad; 2nd Hung Arm Div never gets more than 23 mediums tanks

Italian bomber fighters; they produce and old biplane (13 per week of the cr.42 falco) 0 of the new type: the Saetta. Level bombers, and fighters they have a lot, but no squadrons at all..

One of the data guys would have to answer these questions.

2. German rail repair:
Itīs simply annoying. I remember it was discussed in the forum, but, IMO, itīs better to give the player more control. Maybe give x hex repair capacity per turn...

The FBD units give you a lot of control over rail repair. These are critical units that must be used to advance the key railheads into the Soviet Union. The automatic system is only intended to fill out the rest of the rail network over time.

3. Planes.
I have a lot of planes in the pool, a lot, 1k of FW190A, more than 1k o HE111h4, 1k Ju88A, but the total planes (OB) are 3400... the SU has more than 16k planes, is this WAD?

Yes, the Germans were always greatly outnumbered by the Soviet air force (after 1941). I think there is an issue with the FW190 that is being discussed now. All you can do is to periodically check on those aircraft types that are in heavy use that don't have a lot of planes in the pool, and shift some of the airgroups using these planes to other aircraft types (either upgrade or downgrade the air group to put some of those planed in the pool for other groups to use as replacements).

4. Manpower.

In turn 1 iīve 3879 manpower center producing manpower (as per event log); in october 42 iīve conquered a lot of SU territory, but still only 3875 manpower center producing (as per event log)... less than turn 2. Is this wad?

Since you cannot use captured manpower centers, the Axis value cannot go up over time. I'm not sure why it changed from 3879 to 3875. At the start of the game I count 3879 if you count Bulgaria which actually does not provide any manpower for the Axis so the number is not 100% correct. It's possible that you dropped to 3875 due to a shortage of supplies needed to produce the manpower at a certain city (or due to some damage to the population of a city).

Thanks in advance.
Max

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to JoePirulo)
Post #: 3
RE: A couple of things. - 1/13/2011 6:43:42 PM   
JoePirulo

Thank you very much Joel! It was my mistake, then. I thought captured manpower centers will add to my needs... but itīs seems logic that the soviets wouldnīt wear axis uniforms... The thing that confused me, was the point that i was repairing those man. centers; so: why repair if you donīt use them...

Captured Resources, oil and fuel still produce for the owner?

Regards,

Max

Max

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> A couple of things. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI