Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Deployment zones after battles.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Deployment zones after battles. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deployment zones after battles. - 1/22/2011 2:39:30 AM   
mat7861

Ive played close combat when it first came out, and i also played ABTF and RF.

Its been a while, but recently i found out about the remakes. I purchased WaR and LSA. I have had a great time with the remakes so far, but aside from all the other issues (which really don't bother me), there is one that does bother me a bit. That is the way they figure out the setup zones after a cease fire, or time runs out. There should be some kind of 50 or 100m buffer ahead of your solders, where it is neutral. Instead, there are gaps of enemy DZs right in between my units. I even try to spread them across a front in the form of line, but still the DZs are kind of funky.

My question is, is it possible to change that some how, or is it a hard coded thing that cant be changed? I know this has been a common problem from the beginning, which is why i ask.

Oh and one more question i thought of, shouldn't the map be yours if the battle ends because of their force morale getting too low? If their morale gets low, wouldn't they turn the other way and run?

thanks for any replies, i am loving the games despite their minimal shortcomings.
Post #: 1
RE: Deployment zones after battles. - 1/22/2011 6:56:50 PM   
RD Oddball

Glad you're enjoying the game so far mat7861.

The deployment zone calculation is hard coded in to the EXE and some changes have been made to how this is handled in the patches along the way. So you'll want to be sure you have the most recent patch. There is some more work being done to this to further refine it so that work might address the issues you're pointing out.

RE: force morale crash - This depends upon how many victory locations(VL's) you control at the point of the force morale crash. Also a force morale crash awards a varying number of VL's (1-3) depending upon how drastic the difference between your force morale and the opponents force morale is at the time the battle ended. So you won't control the entire map after your opponents force morale crash unless you were fairly close to taking it to begin with. There are other details that factor in to this and the manual does a pretty decent job of outlining this so you might have a look.

(in reply to mat7861)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Deployment zones after battles. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI