Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question for Panzer Leo's H2H

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question for Panzer Leo's H2H Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question for Panzer Leo's H2H - 9/9/2002 1:42:50 AM   
Jack

Panzer Leo,
There are a few suggestions I would like to see for H2H as far as oobs modifications go.
#1. Ammo vehicles. All nationalities used a variety of vehicles to haul ammo. What I would like to see is halftracks used by all nationalities possible for ammo. May not be totally historical but who cares. We all want an armoured ammo vehicle. PBEM’er just want to play.

#2. Reduction in rank of unit commanders under the miscellaneous category. What I am trying to say is presently if you want to purchase a platoon of halftracks the unit commander’s rank is 1LT. What I am proposing is 1LT or even a Sgt. The reason being if you decide to attach that entire unit to an infantry platoon using the change formation button the 1Lt now has command of the infantry platoon, making you loose the advantage of having your Company commander get the extra crack at rallying your troops during rally sequences. I hope you understand what I mean.

I am not the type of person who enjoys fooling around with oobs, I know there is a way to change the rank of units but I would rather see it as an official thing in H2H. What do you think? My question is: will you consider these suggestions?
Post #: 1
Re: Question for Panzer Leo's H2H - 9/9/2002 4:05:15 AM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack
[B]Panzer Leo,
There are a few suggestions I would like to see for H2H as far as oobs modifications go.
#1. Ammo vehicles. All nationalities used a variety of vehicles to haul ammo. What I would like to see is halftracks used by all nationalities possible for ammo. May not be totally historical but who cares. We all want an armoured ammo vehicle. PBEM’er just want to play.

#2. Reduction in rank of unit commanders under the miscellaneous category. What I am trying to say is presently if you want to purchase a platoon of halftracks the unit commander’s rank is 1LT. What I am proposing is 1LT or even a Sgt. The reason being if you decide to attach that entire unit to an infantry platoon using the change formation button the 1Lt now has command of the infantry platoon, making you loose the advantage of having your Company commander get the extra crack at rallying your troops during rally sequences. I hope you understand what I mean.

I am not the type of person who enjoys fooling around with oobs, I know there is a way to change the rank of units but I would rather see it as an official thing in H2H. What do you think? My question is: will you consider these suggestions? [/B][/QUOTE]

#1:

I know, there're only a few armored ammo carriers (or just the LGM252 ? - not sure) in the game, BUT the reason why I made "ammo boxes" is exactly what you ask for: you are free to pick a vehicle you like to transport the ammo - if you want a halftrack, buy a halftrack - nothing easier than that (the only thing different is that while reloading with ammo, the ammo boxes are not protected by armor, as it is with an "all in one" vehicle)

#2:

Nothing I can do about, as it would be sort of recoding - I don't have the code (if I understand you correct...) - but what you describe does not happen, if you have an B0 (Captain) and a C0 (1Lt) and now attach the halftracks and make them C units...the Captain now is considered their company commander, or not ?

Also, the last version of H2H ("ce") is really the last - I know there're errors in it and we could find a lot of things we would like to change, but as Matrix did, you gotta make a cut and leave it as is, or it'll never end...so I'm sorry, but I will not make further changes to H2H - this project went for 2 years and that is long enough - I will try to support H2H with scenarios and other accessories like we started now at the Dirty Dozen, but that will be it...

...but I will still answer any questions that may come up ;)

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 2
- 9/10/2002 3:04:23 AM   
Jack

I am a bit of a doe-head. I never thought to have the ammo boxex loaded on a vehicle. Great idea. I still would like to see the Soviet 160mm mortar as onboard arty too. I am still very happy with H@H.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 3
- 9/10/2002 3:21:15 AM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack
[B]I am a bit of a doe-head. I never thought to have the ammo boxex loaded on a vehicle. Great idea. I still would like to see the Soviet 160mm mortar as onboard arty too. I am still very happy with H@H. [/B][/QUOTE]

My favourite is to transport the ammo boxes with mules :D

I modified the mules that they can exactly handle the weight and they get through every terrain - Gebirgsjäger with mountain guns, mortars and mules to transport the ammo...is just love it :D

Yeah, the 160mm mortars...I didn't touch them and let them like in 7.1 - I actually don't know the reason why they're only onboard for scenario design...but weren't they also very rare ? I'm not sure...

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 4
- 9/11/2002 6:30:34 AM   
Redleg

There is much to like in the H2H mod.

There is at lot to explore, try, and learn about in it, but it has some features that I have wanted to see since way back in the beta-test days.

I played a scenario in regular SPWAW, then played the same battle in H2H, trying to use the same tactics.

Result: The H2H was marginally more difficult and my score marginally lower. I am for more competitive scenarios!

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question for Panzer Leo's H2H Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI