Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RHG HQ's.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> RHG HQ's. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RHG HQ's. - 1/28/2011 5:59:51 PM   
Senno

In reading VonP's AAR, I noticed his discussion of disbanding the RHG HQ's. Since I've always attached any garrison troops to them, I'm wondering if my game is a bit buggy as they typically have several Infantry regiments attached to them. I hadn't read that particular manual section, but I just checked and found:

"Note that only Security type combat units can be attached to an Axis RHG HQ unit."

So I just started a new normal game and attached the 97th Jager Division to the 103rd RHG Command of AGS. 97th Jager isn't labeled as a security type, so I'm a bit confused. Can units actually be attached, just gain no benefits of a higher HQ, or is there a bug of some sort going on?
Post #: 1
RE: RHG HQ's. - 1/28/2011 6:08:49 PM   
Sabre21

Yep..that's a bug. I see what's going on. You can't assign it to an RHG Hq by going off of the unit data page and bringing up the list of available Hq's, but you can assign it by pressing the "G" hotkey providing the RHG Hq is the closest Hq to it.

I'll get it sent up.

Thanks

Andy

PS: BTW, I'll be moving this up to the tech support forum.

< Message edited by Sabre21 -- 1/28/2011 6:09:06 PM >

(in reply to Senno)
Post #: 2
RE: RHG HQ's. - 1/28/2011 6:11:04 PM   
kevini1000

I also noticed one of these Corps HQ's getting several support units attached to it.

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 3
RE: RHG HQ's. - 1/28/2011 6:17:26 PM   
Sabre21

quote:

ORIGINAL: sath

I also noticed one of these Corps HQ's getting several support units attached to it.

I think the intent of the rule was on map units rather then support units. One of the RHG's start with a pioneer bn so I think that is probably ok although maybe not the best use of support units.

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 4
RE: RHG HQ's. - 1/28/2011 6:18:43 PM   
kevini1000

Yeah this one on turn 2 had like 16 support unit in it.

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 5
RE: RHG HQ's. - 1/28/2011 6:28:06 PM   
Senno

OK, thanks much for the quick response. Sorry I didn't indicate earlier that it was by "G" that I did the assignment, but you sleuthed it out nicely.

Well, there goes my method of alleviating some command concerns, lol.

I've noticed the RHG units being stuffed with Support Units as well, so I have started to set them to zero and lock them. I put my least capable commanders in the RHG units, but somehow they were winning their admin roles, to the frontline Corps detriment. I don't normally set the global lock setting, but as I'm getting more comfortable with the game, I suppose I will now. My security troops have pretty soft duty, they don't need the support units making their soft lives even easier, lol.

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> RHG HQ's. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI