Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/4/2011 7:03:34 AM   
findmeifyoucan

I only expanded my factories(not all) in small increments as the Japanaese and yet on Dec 9, 1941 all 26,000 manpower points are gone leaving me none available for any expansion. How is that possible or is this a glitch in the game? I have started many Scen 2 games and this has never happened before the latest patch. Dec 9, 41 I have just 7 manpower points left.
Someone please explain to me how this is possible?
Post #: 1
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/4/2011 4:32:52 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: findmeifyoucan

I only expanded my factories(not all) in small increments as the Japanaese and yet on Dec 9, 1941 all 26,000 manpower points are gone leaving me none available for any expansion. How is that possible or is this a glitch in the game? I have started many Scen 2 games and this has never happened before the latest patch. Dec 9, 41 I have just 7 manpower points left.
Someone please explain to me how this is possible?

Wow/Ouch! I can't really explain this, but I do feel your pain. (Hopefully that makes you feel better.)

(in reply to findmeifyoucan)
Post #: 2
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/4/2011 4:52:24 PM   
findmeifyoucan

There is actually no explanation for this especially when you consider production of almost 900 MP pts per day and starting turn 2 with just 7. Something fishy going on here and I smell rotten fish.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 3
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/4/2011 9:54:46 PM   
JeffroK

If your have a look at the thread so insolently headed in Capitals you'll see there is a possibility the latest beta patch has sent the all to Nth Qld on holiday.

As an AFB I like this feature but I am sure that some would find it a problem.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

PS. expect anything from any beta patch, this is why they aren't official yet.

Hah, I didnt check to see who posted the rude, mean nasty & offending thread in Caps

< Message edited by JeffK -- 2/4/2011 9:56:04 PM >

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Post #: 4
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/4/2011 10:01:26 PM   
findmeifyoucan

However this was not a beta patch. This was the most updated official release right off the Matrix Site for this game. lol

Sorry, that would be me in caps. You might say I was quite annoyed to see this rude awakening of no mp pts available for the Japanese at the beginning of the war. :-(

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 5
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/4/2011 10:08:24 PM   
Lameduck

What do mean by " only expanded my factories(not all) in small increments " ? How many factories?

Post #: 6
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/4/2011 10:09:05 PM   
JeffroK

If not the patch thats very odd.

Maybe send a save on the Tech Forum.

( I hate the assumption Caps are rude, my program at work uses caps and when I email I'm too lazy to take them off and continually send email in Caps. Its part of my Luddite approach to technology.)

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Post #: 7
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/5/2011 3:13:56 PM   
findmeifyoucan

Yeah, I know about the caps. It is actually screaming. But I did feel like screaming about it. lol

I won't say what factories I expanded as I have 3 live games going on. No need to tell the enemy what I am doing when I know I did nothing wrong and yes I do post on the Tech Forum.

Check this out.

Just to give you a comparison in my PBEM game Scen 2 I had 5,809 mp pts to start for the Japanese while when I started a game against the AI same Scen 2, same options all around I had 34,710 mp pts to start. So something definitely went very wrong here.

I spent about 2500 pts the first turn and the rest evaporated during the next combat turn.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 8
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/5/2011 3:18:04 PM   
findmeifyoucan

Maybe the MP's did decide to go on holiday to North Queensland. I hope they know how to swim? :-))

Well, now I have just two active games as I won't be continuing to play that game under those conditions. Why should I when I know that all my MP points are going to evaporate during the next combat turn?

Post #: 9
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/5/2011 3:24:02 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: findmeifyoucan

Yeah, I know about the caps. It is actually screaming. But I did feel like screaming about it. lol

I won't say what factories I expanded as I have 3 live games going on. No need to tell the enemy what I am doing when I know I did nothing wrong and yes I do post on the Tech Forum.

Check this out.

Just to give you a comparison in my PBEM game Scen 2 I had 5,809 mp pts to start for the Japanese while when I started a game against the AI same Scen 2, same options all around I had 34,710 mp pts to start. So something definitely went very wrong here.

I spent about 2500 pts the first turn and the rest evaporated during the next combat turn.

i didn't realize the use of capitals (notice i didn't use "CAPS") was considered rude. in the future i'll avoid them and instead use bold faced print when i need emphasis.

Post #: 10
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/21/2011 3:55:32 AM   
findmeifyoucan

What I have also noticed in this game is that I have 25k less HI to work with as well which means I will be hard pressed to have enough HI for the end of the first month to pay for my pilots let alone keeping the rest of the Japanese industry going for Scen 2. Japan economy crashes through no fault of my own Dec 31,41. 7k HI to start the game. This sucks big time. Grrrrrrr.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 11
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/21/2011 6:08:30 PM   
Zeta16

How are you blowing through HI so much in the first month? There is an excese unless you over expanded. One thing turn off repair yards unless you have ships that need repaired, other than that I always expanded everything a little by little and never have a problem.

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan

Post #: 12
RE: How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? - 2/21/2011 7:01:06 PM   
findmeifyoucan

Obviously you haven't been reading my earlier messages. Typically at game start the Japanese get about 35k each of Manpower and HI to start. For some reason on my PBEM games start after the latest official patch I only got about 7k each thus being short changed by 25k in Manpower and HI.
Usually by this time Dec 11,41 I would have 22k in MP and 33k in HI but because of it all going on holiday to Northern Australia at game start I have just 4k MP and 7k HI. I have not done anything differently in fact because of it I have actually reduced my replacements considerably from other games and been forced to cut down on expansion (i.e. no expansion what so ever) through fear of my economy crashing through lack of HI pnts come DEC 31st. I suspect the hiring of my pilots for Scen 2 will bankrupt Japan because of this drastic change in resources handed to me at game start.

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> How can I use up all my manpower in the first turn? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI