Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Changing AFV equipment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Changing AFV equipment Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Changing AFV equipment - 2/17/2011 8:36:35 AM   
Skanvak

According to the way the system and army worked, one should first design a TOE, the affect equipment within this TOE.

After reading the game design note and the part on the TOE evolution of the German army, I do think that we should be able to chose to keep the old TOE if we want, as the 44 and 45 TOE reflect a losing Germany that might not be the case.

But manually changing everything will add way too much micro-management and will need to put several interaction into action. May be for some AP the player can design had hoc Kampfgruppe with the desired TOE. Bottom line any change should cost AP.

< Message edited by Skanvak -- 2/17/2011 8:39:37 AM >

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to molchomor)
Post #: 31
RE: Changing AFV equipment - 2/17/2011 8:10:24 PM   
latosusi

AI is unfortunately not using all available models...I have thousands of lend-lease tanks
but only 2 units use them. And only light tanks not medium ones.

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 32
RE: Changing AFV equipment - 2/17/2011 9:07:49 PM   
randallw

The game is set up so that the computer swaps out ground equipment for the same class of types; light tanks out, light tanks in, medium artillery out, medium artillery in, etc.

(in reply to latosusi)
Post #: 33
RE: Changing AFV equipment - 2/18/2011 3:30:27 AM   
molchomor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skanvak

According to the way the system and army worked, one should first design a TOE, the affect equipment within this TOE.

After reading the game design note and the part on the TOE evolution of the German army, I do think that we should be able to chose to keep the old TOE if we want, as the 44 and 45 TOE reflect a losing Germany that might not be the case.

But manually changing everything will add way too much micro-management and will need to put several interaction into action. May be for some AP the player can design had hoc Kampfgruppe with the desired TOE. Bottom line any change should cost AP.

Hi I think you missed the point here, which is that *optional* control is asked for. Not that the average player deciding to use this optionality would mess around with all units and production, probably only with a few pet or key units and afv models. Reasons to do this would be many, just to mention two: increased replayability ("what if") and to correct stupid decisions made by the current automatic system that is evident in posts in all forum sections.

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 34
RE: Changing AFV equipment - 2/18/2011 5:02:32 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: latosusi

AI is unfortunately not using all available models...I have thousands of lend-lease tanks
but only 2 units use them. And only light tanks not medium ones.

With a lot unused T34's in your pool, you wouldn't need those lend-lease medium tanks in the first place.
The lend-lease light tanks are used becuase Soviet production cannot cope with the rate of destruction.

(in reply to latosusi)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Changing AFV equipment Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI