Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air to Ship Combat Animations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Air to Ship Combat Animations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air to Ship Combat Animations - 9/12/2002 11:43:53 PM   
NorthStar

I've noticed that there appear to be five possible animation combinations when aircraft sections attack ships:

1) "Section unable to Locate Target" Message, followed by no attack.

2) Planes attack, are engaged by flack, but there is no bomb sound or splashes.

3) Planes attack, are engaged by flack, there are bomb sounds, but no splashes

4) Planes attack, are engaged by flack, there are bomb sounds and splashes, but no hits

5) Planes attack, are engaged by flack, there are bomb sounds and splashes, and one or more hits.

Events 1 & 5 are trivial, but I'm wondering if 2,3, & 4 are tied to the game engine in any way. Do they represent different results of the "Combat Rolls"? That is, planes break off their attack before dropping bombs (#2), planes drop bombs, but well off target (#3), planes manage near misses, but no hits (#4).

They could be either randomly generated, or glitches caused by my system, but if the are tied into Combat Results, it would be cool. It would provide a way of monitoring squadron performance and checking the effects of doctrine settings.

Any information/opinions on this would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
Ship sunk? - 9/13/2002 3:41:13 AM   
BPRE

Hi NorthStar,

[QUOTE]1) "Section unable to Locate Target" Message, followed by no attack. [/QUOTE]
I think this might be caused by the ship already being sunk by earlier hits.

As for the others they happen on my system too so if it's a glitch you're not alone. Regarding 2 I thought that maybe the sound was masked by the flak sound but then I should have seen the splashes at least so maybe you are right.

If they are dropping torpedoes it's a different sound and I don't think that I've ever seen any splashes when they miss. Could that explain 2?

Regards
BPRE

(in reply to NorthStar)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Air to Ship Combat Animations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI