Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Das darf nicht var sein!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 1:15:48 AM   
princep01

CR, are you becoming TOO focused on the Palembang Fortress? I don't think it matters much, as I believe you are playing an opponent that is psychologically defeated anyway, but his best bet is to grab the rest of the oil in Borneo, the other half of Sumatra and elsewhere and try to survive w/o the Palembang crude. That implies a by-pass move of some sort (again, I am not reading his AAR). I do not think he'll forget Java, so would it perhaps be better to send those CD units to the likely point of initial attack there rather than to continue to pour things (especially CD units) into a fortress he will not likely attack anyway?

It just seems a bit of overkill to continue to spend PP to put CDs into the fortress. Better to spend those points getting the offensive ground forces bought and trained for themonths ahead. Your shift from the strategic defensive to the strategic offensive may began earlier in this game given the damage the enemy has sustained to this point. It would be nice to have a few extra large infantry units (Infantry divisions/Marine regiments) out of political hock rather than to spend those points on CDs anyway.

You have defended grandly...now comes the hard part of conducting an equally grand offensive to strangle Japan and start the war crime trials.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1051
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 12:43:29 PM   
Canoerebel

Great question, Princep, but one that (I think) exemplifies how difficult it is for the writer of an AAR to give a reader enough information to have a full picture.  This game is so massive that a writer simply can't relay all the information upon which he is making decisions.

Sumatra is the key to this game now, but not because of fuel.  Rather, it's the fact that the Allies have a large base lodged in Japan's heartland, which stretches from the DEI through Borneo and the Philippines up through Japan to Sikhalin Island and the Kuriles.  Anything outside the heart is of much less importance, including Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, and even India.  Anything Japan throws at those objectives would be a diversion of assets from a critical theater at this point.

Usually, it takes the Allied player well into 1943 or even into 1944 to get a strong lodgement in the Japanese heartland.  But here the Allies have acheived that in early 1942.  If the Allies can keep it, they'll have one or more level seven airfields (Oosthaven can go to level nine).  With multiple interlocking major airfields, the Allies can then move forward much more easily under cover of LBA towards new important places - Singapore, western Java, southwestern Borneo, when the time comes to go on the offensive.  In other words, Japan's MLR will have been decisively compromised from the outset.

Also, the Allies at this late stage can't afford to allow Sumatra to fall unless the fall exacts an equally terrible toll on Japan.  The Allies have nearly 4,000 AV in Sumatra now and will commit most of its navy to Sumatra's defense.  A bad result here could throw the Allies back by months or even years.

While Sumatra is the key to everything now, the Allies aren't sitting back doing nothing, though they are enjoying a brief reprieve after the recent Battle of the Andamans Sea.  The Allies are contemplating an invasion of Malaya/Burma and are still involved in the struggle over the Kuriles.

Finally, placing coastal defense guns anywhere but Sumatra doesn't make sense, because it would be pure guesswork as to where Japan might land.  There are so many bases in Java, Oz, etc, for Japan to choose from.  But I KNOW Japan has to land at either Oosthaven or Benkolen (well, I'd say those two are 90% sure bets, with Palembang and Padang sharing the other 10%).  So CD guns there are going to be put to use at the most critical point in the game.

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 1052
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 2:34:48 PM   
Canoerebel

4/21/42

China:  The Chinese stack of 5,200 AV shock attacked the weak IJ stack at Kaifeng, but not before that weak IJ stack first tried a deliberate attack (there had been just one small Chinese unit in the hex, so Steve was taking a chance he could whack it before reinforcements arrived, but he guessed wrong).  On the day, the Japanese lost 500 squads plus lots of guns, to just 25 Chinese squads lost.  36th Div. was further roughed up in the process.  The Chinese have blown a whole in the weak Japanese MLR north of Sian.  The Chinese will rest a day or two and then seek the next victims - the goal here is finding and mauling IJ units, not taking bases.  Another goal is to create a crisis that might force STeve to expend valuable PP to buy reinforcements for this area, when he might need those PP to buy units to counterinvade in the Kuriles.  Trying to stress the lad a bit.

Burma:  A small Burma Army unit recaptures Magwe and will now move down a causeway to see if Prome is defended.  Here the purpose is to measure enemy strength in Burma, as that will be useful info as the Allies consider an invasion of upper Malaya and Burma.  I think the IJ presence in this theater is weak and under-supplied.

Sumatra:  Palembang forts go to five.  Netties night bomb the airfield at Oosthaven, destroying two aircraft on the ground.  The Allies will try to raise the ante by night bombing the port and airfield at Singers.  I won't use night bombing missions unless Steve does, since it seems to be borked a bit.  Hopefully, this will discourage him from further such raids.  If so, I'll halt.  Meanwhile, the Allied carriers have rendezvoued and will take station south of Oosthaven.  This is much further east than the last patrol location, which was meant to permit quick action in the Bay of Bengal, as indeed turned out to be needed.  The new station will permit quick response to a move on Java.  There are six fleet CVs (two RN) plus CVL Hermes.  Hornet is on the way from Capetown, about two weeks from reaching theater.

Kuriles:  Permit reports Mikuma and Ashigara in the Kuriles.  That's good for the Allies in Sumatra.  IJN cruisers are deadly and scarce, so the less I have to prepare for or face in the DEI, the better.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 6/23/2011 2:36:37 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1053
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 3:33:32 PM   
paullus99

He's got to be re-combining the KB. I would expect to see those six carriers back in the DEI within the week (depending on how long it takes the carriers to move back from the Kuriles) - but, he could just as easily send all of them back north as well, perhaps to try to eliminate your presence there that much faster.

Of course, if he does that, he's again barking up the wrong tree. The longer he delays moving against your Sumatran position, the worse it is going to get for him.

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1054
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 4:23:57 PM   
Canoerebel

Paullus, I agree, and was just mulling over that very thought on my way to the office a few minutes ago.

I was trying to put myself in Steve's shoes.  What would he do now?  He's got Singers, most of Borneo, Denpassar, Makassar and Kendari.  He's just taken a whacking when he tried to move on Port Blair.  He knows the Allied carriers are in theater.  He probably can't afford to commit anything less than the entire KB.  And I haven't seen any of the KB elements in several weeks (the one that was up in the Kuriles and the one that pulled back from Singers just after the Battle of the Andamans Sea).

So, I think he'll reconstitute the KB in the DEI.  He might move on NW Oz, again choosing a relatively cheap and therefore easy target over the more risky and costly prospect of Java or Sumatra.  But that's fiddling while Rome is burning.  At this point he would be best served tackling Sumatra.  It will be a big battle, but if he were able to win the air, sea and land companents, it would set the Allies back a long time.  This is the only chance he has now to restoring order in the game.  Even bypassing Sumatra and targeting India now would be a collosal waste of time.  It's Sumatra or nothing.

I have to carefully patrol the waters south of Java lest Steve somehow slip the KB past that point undetected and ambush my carriers.  That's my biggest concern at the moment.

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 1055
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 5:05:45 PM   
ny59giants

It helps to conduct night bombing mission with a high degree of moonlight.

If you haven't done so already, I would go through all your air units and carrier air units to replace leaders as needed in the Sumatra area. There is so much of a pressing need to spend PP on LCUs early in the war that this area is often overlooked.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1056
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 6:01:11 PM   
jeffk3510

That is interesting that he was seeing reports of your CVs around Oosthaven (sp?), but thought there were in Aussie... still a pretty risky move...do you have the confirmed shipping losses from that battle yet?   I still don't understand whey he thought that island was more important than Sabang...oh well. He did what he did based on the information he gathered.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1057
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 9:50:46 PM   
wpurdom

If you're trying to waste Japanese units in China, why not an immediate prusuit of the defeated units at Kaifeng rather than resting?

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 1058
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 9:54:27 PM   
Canoerebel

I decided not to rest them - they'll pursue the defeated units to the NW.  I had originally wanted to give them a turn or two to recover disruption, but I ultimately decided to move them out now, in part because I have another 1,000 AV that will meet them in the target hex.

NYGiants, that's a timely reminder, thanks.  I'm buying that last coastal defense unit next turn.  Then, my highest priority will be to attend to commander in critical areas, beginning with air unit commanders in Sumatra, per your suggestion.

(in reply to wpurdom)
Post #: 1059
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/23/2011 9:58:53 PM   
Canoerebel

One more word about the Japanese position north of Sian.  It's clear Steve stripped the region when he moved on Changsha.  Now, the Chinese are just encoutnering token defenses, and for reinforcements he had to dig deep and send for a division all the way down at Changsha.  That's a long way away, so that means he had nothing closer, which means he's short of PP and couldn't buy out Kwangtung units. That he's short on PP is probably due to his desire to buy restricted Home Island units to counterinvade the Kuriles.  That's a fair bit of intel from just dribs and drabso of information, but I think it's on target.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1060
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/24/2011 2:43:13 PM   
Canoerebel

4/22/42

Eastern Sumatra: For the first time in weeks, Steve has resumed the expensive (to him) practice of using Netties for long range patrols over the DEI.  It's expensive, because Allied CAP at Oosthaven claims a fair share of them.  This may be a temporary "flash bulb" to get a glimpse of what the Allies have in the area in preparation for a major move, though I don't see any amphibious TFs in the vicinity.  The Allied carriers have combined and are on patrol SSW (true) of Oosthaven.  The big American CD unit at Capetown (24 155 mm guns) is 64% prepped for Port Blair.  I briefly considered sending her there, as Japan will return, but decided to send her to Benkolen, thus spending about 275 PP.  The war won't be won or lost at Port Blair, but may well be in eastern Sumatra.  The night B-17 raid on Singapore destroyed two aircraft on the ground, makings us even on night raids.  I'll desist from night raids now as long as Steve does the same.

Western Sumatra:  The Japanese are on the move with 38th Div., two armored units, and a naval guard unit.  I'm evacuating some of my raiders, armor, and infantry from Sabang.  I'd like to fight here, but Steve can feed too much into the fray to quickly for me to do so.  I'd have to commit 27th Div., which is still at least 10 days away, and then I'd lose my movile punching/counterpunching force.  So I'll reluctantly give up Sabang, while taking a measure of pleasure in the key role she's played over the past month.

Java:  I made a mistake here.  I evacuated Soerabaja of all but some base forces and patrol aircraft months ago, as Denpassar's big airfield poses a big risk.  Well, a few far-flung subs still called Soerabaja home, and they retired there from patrols and automatically disbanded, probably due to some damage.  Steve caught four of them disbanded in port and bombed them, sinking two and badly damaging the others.

Indian Ocean:  I haven't mentioned this in awhile, but the Allies have garrisoned Cocos Island (roughly 70 AV) and Christmas Island (35 AV). 

NoPac:  A CVE caught and sank a picket xAKL to the east of the Kuriles.  I'm wondering if Steve recalled the rest of his carriers for use in the DEI.  Not sure, but it's a possibility I'm working on.

Pacific:  The Allies didn't lose any amphibious ships during the Kuriles invasion, which was one of my highest priorities.  Following the invasion, most of those ships went to Seattle, where I held them in case I decided to reinforce.  Instead, I've finally decided that the Allies will proceed with an invasion in CenPac, probably the Gilberts, in the next month or so.  So all those amphibious ships are reporting to San Diego.  I need some PP to buy four regiments (two of them are Hawaian command, which means they can be purchased cheaply).  I know many astute players consider the Gilberts a lesser target than the Marshalls or the Bonins, but I like them under the circumstances present in the game.

China:  Japan has stripped another unit from Changsha to reinforce the northern front.  The Chinese are getting in position to attack there and across the river from Hengyang.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1061
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/24/2011 3:39:51 PM   
paullus99

Actually, I do like hitting him a little further out - forcing him to relocate assets at great distance, because it eats up fuel & accelerates system damage that will have an effect over the long-term. It also prevents him from using interior positions to his advantage - instead, he has to react by pushing resources from within to without, again, eating up more time on his part. It also creates the impression of emergencies everywhere - which will inhibit his decision-making process (he who deals with everything, deals with nothing).

As an added benefit, if your timing is right, a move to the Gilberts will once again distract him from the key theater of operations - and if you can identify the position of the KB, all the better.

At this point, I'd wager that he will keep the KB in the DEI - but if he doesn't, major mistake.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1062
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/24/2011 5:01:23 PM   
Cribtop

If you break through on the China front it will heap panic upon pain.

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 1063
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/25/2011 3:27:22 PM   
Canoerebel

4/23/42

Java:  B-17s from Soerabaja hit the enemy port at Balikpan, damaging three DD, two DMS, and an AO, CL, xAK and PB.  What're they doing in an undefended port near the front?  No signs of enemy moves on this almost undefended island.

Sumatra:  Heavy enemy air patrols continue for the second day, after a month-long hiatus, with Japan losing 10 Nells to CAP over Oosthaven.  That Steve is willing to incur such losses after not being willing to take them for at least a month suggests that something big is up.  The Allied carriers are on patrol about 15 hexes SSW (near Cocos Island).  Another challenge to contend with has been the schedule to withdraw fighter squadrons - it takes some effort to get them to Sumatra, and pulling them out is painful.  In a few days, the Allies have to withdraw 100 P-40Es, but I do have three or four P-39 and P-40 squadrons aboard ship to arrive within days.  Currently, the Allies have 500 fighters in Sumatra, and I'm working to keep that number.

China:  A 4,000-AV Chinese stack will cross the river and shock attack three IJA units (at least one division, but hopefullly not three).  To the north, the land-movement routine somehow got fouled up with the units moving to strike an IJ unit near Kaiefeng.  I've reset this army - roughly 6,000 AV.

NoPac:  Lots of enemy building and shipping all over - including base building at Toyohara and other rear-guard bases.  So Steve is taking precautions lest the Allies try to move forward.  Since I won't be, this is a diversion of assets that favors the Allies.  Idaho and Maryland are nosing forward and may try a raid vs. enemy shipping at Shimishura Jima.  The BB TF has two more days to go, but I'll withdraw them if they are detected tomorrow.

Political Points:  The Allies have now managed to make all top-priority purchases, the last being the big American CD unit at Capetown, now bound for Oosthaven.  In coming days, the high priority will be working on my Sumatra airforce, swapping out leaders and perhaps trying to reconcile HQ assignments.  After that task is finished, the next priority will be purchasing restricted units in Hawaii and West Coast to be used in the Gilberts invasions.

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 1064
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/26/2011 12:54:02 PM   
Canoerebel

4/24/42

China:  The 5,000-AV Chinese stack schock attacked across the river from Hengyang, mauling two IJ divisions (39, 34), which took more than 600 squads destroyed.  That's four IJ divisions roughed up in recent weeks, and I think the Japanese now have full-blown crisises on both fronts - north and south.  One-third of this Chinese force will pursue the defeated Japanese army, two-thirds will sprint down a good road for Kienko.  Up north, another Chinese stack will attack a single unit at Keifeng.

NoPac:  Near Paramushiro, BBs Maryland and Idaho take a total of three torps from Bettys.  The two ships are lighlty damaged and will retire to the northeast, but they are a long way from home, so Steve might try to intercept with whatever carrier forces he has available in theater.

SoPac:  Japanese ships of unknown strength approaching Pago Pago.  The USN six-DD, one-DMS force will react, since that's what they are there to do.

Java:  Japanese bombers playing regular attention to Soerabaja the past few days.  The Allied carriers will move a little further east (true NE of Cocos Island) to be just a little closer if the enemy finally moves on Java.  No sign of such a move at the moment.

Sumatra:  Quiet.  Steve halted his costly long-range patrols activity after two days and about 20 lost aircraft.  The Aussie CD unit has arrived at Benkolen with the second about ten days out of Oosthaven.  Palembang AV up to 1530, with Oosthaven about 1490.  There's no remaining AV in Java.  The Allies are busy evacuating troops from Sabang.  My transports refused to allow me to order "cancel loading" (there's no such button for some reason), so they stay long enought to get a full load before departing.  That's left a fast transport APD TF there for at least three days...arg...but fortunately the Japanese don't seem to be patroling Sabang right now.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1065
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 1:52:32 AM   
Canoerebel

4/25/42

China:  The Chinese smack down two small IJ units, one at Kaifeng and the other near Nanyang.  Based upon his email comments, Steve looks on current events in China as a full-blown crisis.  Indeed, he has two sizeable enemy armies on the loose - one near Hengyang/Kienko, the other near Kaifen/Loyang.  At the moment, he doesn't have troops to stop either, so he seems to be stripping garrison units.  Judging from SigInt, he may be buying a Manchuko division or two, which is a great sign as I'm hoping he'll be short of PPs - needing plenty to organize his Kuriles counter-invasion.

NoPac:  Idaho and Maryland look good on their retirement towards the Aleutians after taking torps yesterday.

CenPac:  SigInt reports just 1,035 Japanese at Marcus.  Not sure I'll make anything of this, but I'll mull it over for awhile.

SoPac:  An IJN FT TF of CLs and DDs arrived at Pago Pago, unloading supplies, took a little damage, and then gve more than it took in battle with the USN DD TF.  I was a bit disappointed in that outcome.  I'm sending some heavier ships to thater from Pearl, Balboa, and Melbourne.

Java:  Quiet on the Java front, which shouldn't be the case this late in April under these circumstances.

Sumatra:  Thank you, NYGiants, for the helpful reminder to check my squadron commanders.  I finally had the PP to rotate out the "dogs," replacing five our six commanders with bad stats.  The rest of the units looked very good.  All is quiet here with the exception of Sabang.

Sabang: The Japanese will roll into Sabang and reclaim it within three days.  This will isolate Sumatra more, and will reopen the Bay of Bengal to enemy incursions.  So things will heat up a bit.  Sabang in Allied hands is a huge help - it's one of the most important hexes on the western half of the map early in the war.  I was negligent to lose it to para-assault early in the game, and Steve was negligent to allow the Allies to reclaim it.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1066
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 2:43:13 AM   
Cribtop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

4/25/42

China:  The Chinese smack down two small IJ units, one at Kaifeng and the other near Nanyang.  Based upon his email comments, Steve looks on current events in China as a full-blown crisis. 

Steve's assessment is entirely correct.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1067
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 4:13:13 AM   
ny59giants

quote:

Thank you, NYGiants, for the helpful reminder to check my squadron commanders.  I finally had the PP to rotate out the "dogs," replacing five our six commanders with bad stats.  The rest of the units looked very good.  All is quiet here with the exception of Sabang.

No problem Dan. I would do it for a neighbor (Tenn/GA). Just don't hold it against me that my family (Vermont) was on the 'right' side at Gettysburg.

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 1068
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 1:35:23 PM   
Miller

IIRC, the emergency INF units that arrive in Japan when the Kuriles are invaded do not need to be bought with PP (I may be wrong). But if that is the case then he should have already rounded them all up and be shipping them to counter invade. Every day he delays means extra time to build forts and air defences.....

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1069
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 1:48:37 PM   
Canoerebel

I thought they were restricted,  but I'll double-check as it's worth knowing.

Japan gets an almost unlimited number of transports (at least from my Allied-player perspective), but he's lost alot in the game to date.  Now he has a need to use a massive number in the upcoming invasion of Sumatra, if that ever gets underway, but he also needs them to counterinvade the Kuriles.  Also, he has some supporting his Pago Pago operation.  I would love to be a fly on the wall, privy to his internal debates over allocation of transports.

But mainly I'd like to know what he's thinking about Sumatra, because he's not showing any signs of moving there, as I'll explain in my next post in an hour.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 1070
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 1:55:25 PM   
paullus99

The Pago-Pago operation certainly seems to be at the end of a very long logistical string. Given that he lost the Mini-KB, you'll have the ability to interdict his supply lines there with CVEs pretty quickly, plus put the hurt on him using available surface forces from the West Coast & PH.

If you can beat up on a few of his convoys, I bet he would be extremely reluctant to risk his surface assets while other major operations are on-going (or dealing with fresh emergencies).

The biggest take-away I have from this game (and watching Nemo's as well), is that the allies have quite a number of assets scattered around the map & only lose them when they allow the Japanese player to face them piece-meal. If you can concentrate and prepare, it becomes a odds-even game and makes for a very interesting first year of the war, as opposed to a Japanese steamroller.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1071
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 2:03:30 PM   
Canoerebel

What we need is a game of Nemo vs. Alfred.  Imagine that....

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 1072
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 2:17:59 PM   
Miller

quote:

I doubt the game could accomodate the size of both their ego's..........

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1073
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 2:55:11 PM   
SoliInvictus202

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

quote:

I doubt the game could accomodate the size of both their ego's..........

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 1074
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 3:01:40 PM   
Canoerebel

4/26/42

China:  The Chinese will make a new shock attack into the hex south of Changsha tomorrow, and are closing in with 5,000 AV on what I think is 22nd Div. east of Kaifeng.  It's going to take Japan some weeks to get forces into place strong enough to stop the Chinese and force them back into the traditional MLR, but in the meantime the Chinese plan to make alot of noise while primarily looking for enemy units to thrash.

NoPac:  Maryland and Idaho are nearing Attu Island, now, and nearly out of danger.  I'm going to have to work hard to get supply into Paramushiro.

SoPac:  BB Hiei, CAs Chikuma and Tone were embedded in a transport TF that brought four naval guard units to reinforce Pago Pago.  This gives Japan 400+ AV on site, but I suppose they aren't well prepped and probably have a fair amount of disruption.  The Allies have 137 AV 100% prepped - all good US Marine CD units - behind three forts with plenty of supply.  To the west, Auckland forts went to level five.  I don't think Japan will move that way, but it would take at least three divisions to do so.

DEI:  Quiet here as the Japanese close in on Sabang.  I have decided to reinforce Port Blair with a UK Bde to ensure that Japan can't take that important island on the cheap.  That will leave the Allies with two UK Bdes plus 27th USA Div. to invade Malaya/Burma when the time is right.  The fact that BB Hiei is way over at Pago Pago is rather startling news.  First, that suggests that the KB might be out in the Pacific somewhere (like Truk).  Second, Steve will need his capital ships when he moves on Sumatra, and possibly even on Java, so the fact that he has some not only in the Kuriles, but also at the far reaches of SoPac, suggests he won't be moving in the DEI near term.  Can that be possible?  The heavy Aussie CD unit bound for Oosthaven is on its final run, scheduled to reach the base in four days.  CV Hornet is on the map, making for Colombo to refuel.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 1075
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 3:15:02 PM   
GreyJoy

Why in the world is he concentrating in a place so far away like Pago Pago when Sumatra is still yours - and with all those defeats Japan has suffered so far - is really beyond my comprehension...

Great job CR!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1076
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 3:27:03 PM   
Canoerebel

Darn it, GreyJoy caught me!  He has 1075 posts in his AAR, while I lag at just 1074....until I press the "OK" button to log this important post.  Muhahahahahah....we're even again!  Take that, GreyJoy, you usurper...interloper...infringer!

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 1077
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 3:39:19 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

Darn it, GreyJoy caught me! He has 1075 posts in his AAR, while I lag at just 1074....until I press the "OK" button to log this important post. Muhahahahahah....we're even again! Take that, GreyJoy, you usurper...interloper...infringer!

Yeah, well everyone wanted to see a full scale invasion of India and now they have one! GreyJoy is doing a great job with his AAR and all the veterans are hanging around in that thread. It's been great to watch GreyJoy's transformation from bleak despondence to ........ can't say more. Operational security

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1078
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 3:50:16 PM   
GreyJoy

LOL

Well this thing of writing a diary is really 50% of the amusement of this game!

I've been following this AAR since i joined the forum...along with "Here come the Rebels" for a clear interest in the Indian subject .

Thanks CR...you've been one of the best Indian professor i've had!

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 1079
RE: Das darf nicht var sein! - 6/27/2011 3:51:07 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

Darn it, GreyJoy caught me!  He has 1075 posts in his AAR, while I lag at just 1074....until I press the "OK" button to log this important post.  Muhahahahahah....we're even again!  Take that, GreyJoy, you usurper...interloper...infringer!

Darn it...i'm contributing to your race!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1080
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Das darf nicht var sein! Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI