Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 2/28/2011 1:24:29 PM   
michaelm75au

Has anyone noticed anything strange with LCU device upgrades or replacements with latest beta?

I have a LCU with a funny list of devices that match their TOE but have about 6 more types of devices which aren't any part of the TOE. Don't even appear anywhere on the unit's TOE path as far as I can tell.

I think the sub-units were mixed up before they recombined to make the parent LCU as I have not really noticed any issues elsewhere.

Michael

(in reply to dorjun driver)
Post #: 61
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 2/28/2011 6:37:37 PM   
koniu

Hi

I am using Build 1108j 28 Feb update
I have problem with setting home port for TF.

Example: I create TF in Manila and set home port to Soerabaja, but "return to" show Batavia. To change it to Soerabaja i need to click return to Batavia button, home port is changing to Batavia, and then again a need to change home port to Soerabaja and the "return to" button showing Soerabaja. I see this for units all over map only "return to" button show different port

EDIT
OK, only problem here is me:) to much playing, to little sleep

< Message edited by koniu -- 2/28/2011 7:03:45 PM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 62
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 2/28/2011 6:45:21 PM   
pmelheck1

with the TF it's working as it's supposed to.  Pick a TF to go to any city on the west coast and you will see the above saying San Fran and then the port you have selected.  Any central pacific destination will show pearl for it's first return to.

For the LCU above, i've seen units at start that don't match it's TO&E.  Exactly as you point out.  I always thought it was just attached items that were not on it's TO&E.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 63
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 2/28/2011 7:08:06 PM   
koniu

So if I understood correctly, first from left "return to" button will show a major port in region and second one home port?

(in reply to pmelheck1)
Post #: 64
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 2/28/2011 7:43:06 PM   
Rainer

That's right. The left most button is there for "convinience".

Koniu, this Special Beta thread is not really for questions like this. I advice you ask questions like this in the general forum where people may be more inclined to answer.
You should also be aware of Michael's warning that these special betas may destroy you ongoing campaign. These betas are really test beds to find remaining bugs. They are not meant to play campaigns.

EDIT: I sound like a school teacher
Koniu, I hope you know that everybody here welcomes you and is glad to have you on board. I was just trying to make sure you get advice and help as you are looking for.

< Message edited by Rainer -- 3/1/2011 1:38:13 AM >

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 65
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/1/2011 1:05:47 AM   
viberpol

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Has anyone noticed anything strange with LCU device upgrades or replacements with latest beta?

I have a LCU with a funny list of devices that match their TOE but have about 6 more types of devices which aren't any part of the TOE. Don't even appear anywhere on the unit's TOE path as far as I can tell.

I don't think this is an issue with the latest beta, but I noticed a (long) while ago that my LCUs sometimes get "extra line(s)" of different devices.
Sometimes it's a number of extra AT guns, sometimes those "surplus" is just some small addition of AA guns... always thought this is WAD.

As for strange LCU TOE behavior I've got one Japanese division that didn't took part in any action, was not transfered anywhere, but lost 2/3 of its AV (probably due to upgrade of devices, 707 --> 710 INF Squads).
It happened long ago (30 days game time, so it must have been the previous patch) so I can't pinpoint the exact before/after but still have a "frame" (e.g. two saves: from 8.1.43 and 9.3.43; but I doubt it would help you).

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

Post #: 66
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/1/2011 2:07:44 AM   
oldman45

I bought back a dutch infantry unit and let it sit so it could draw replacements, went looking for it and it had become an armor unit. It is filled with Lee tanks. Looked in the editor and it showed a standard infantry TOE.

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 67
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/1/2011 3:18:38 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

I think the sub-units were mixed up before they recombined to make the parent LCU as I have not really noticed any issues elsewhere.

So far I look ok ... but I will keep a more careful watch for this ...

Pax

Post #: 68
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/1/2011 11:24:05 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

It appears the issue is specific to some LCUs which have been broken down into components in the editor.
The unit I looking at is the 8th Aus Div which consists of Sparrow, Lark, Gull Forces plus 22nd and 27th Aus Bdes.
The 2 AIF units have similar devices as the 8th Div's TOE, but the Forces have Militia devices which don't match the 8th's TOE.
And appear as 'extra' devices at the end of the TOE.

Even a TOE upgrade doesn't seem to fully fix this problem.

I will be adding some additional checks in the editor rebuild code to cater for these extra devices, even to the point of moving them back into the pool so they are not lost.

[Edit]
I think the old code was trying to handle the possible mix of devices but didn't seem to bet it right all the time. The testing of my changes seems to get a better result with any excess formational devices going back to the pool, or taking devices from the pool to upgrade if required.
I should have something ready for the weekend.

[Edit]
For the rebuilding of editor component sub-units (where the mix of devices can be quite different between the units as with the sub-units of 8th Aus Div), it will try to match the devices against the parent's TOE if possible and upgrade the devices if possible to match this. If the number can't fulfilled from the pool, it may disable some of the devices instead.
Doing this should stop the 'free' upgrade of devices that seems to happen in some of these cases.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/2/2011 12:44:25 PM >

Michael

Post #: 69
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/1/2011 11:41:54 PM   
PaxMondo

Again, thank for the magnificent support!

Pax

Post #: 70
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/2/2011 8:47:29 PM   
BigDuke66

Do database errors belong here too?
If so there seems to be a database error for the "5"/38 M12 SP EBR" ID 1627, type should be "18 - Naval Gun" not "17 - DP".
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/post.asp?do=reply&messageID=2742476&toStyle=tm

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 71
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/2/2011 11:59:25 PM   
beppi

Ok want to give my Beta Patch Feedack. We currently play our PBEM with 1108d.

I found some very strange things happening in my game.

1.) Quite a lot of my devices stopped producing a few turns ago (Especialy i saw it for the Chinese Squads, but Russian too. As it can be seen in the Screenshot, no Chinese Troops this month.

2.) I next to the button to refill ships in the port i noticed a field which shows fuel for TFs. But there are no TFs docked and this value never goes to zero.

I will attach a save to my next post.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by beppi -- 3/3/2011 12:22:02 AM >

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 72
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/3/2011 12:13:15 AM   
beppi

3.) I noticed some special added devices to some Australian / Indian Units (Double the number of 6 pounders for example. It is exactly double the number in the TOE.

4.) I have a Australian Division with CMF Militia Section which does not want to upgrade to the proper AIF Inf Section 43. I have loads of supply, a Army HQ in the Base, the Unit is split into 3 parts, 130+ AIF Inf Section 43 ready and plenty of supply. I am waiting since quite a lot of turns for an upgrade but it does not happen.

5.) Just a minor thing but i have a British division, split into 3 parts. Two parts already upgraded to 5,5" Guns but the third part currently does not do a upgrade even as it needs 5 guns and 5 guns are already in the pool. I am not sure if the 5,5" gun replacements are blocked too. (I think as soon as i get 6 guns it will trigger the upgrade but not at 5).

6.) It seems that picket ships positioned somewhere on the map and not moving use fuel now. Seems it had been added in the patch but did not see notes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by beppi -- 3/3/2011 12:22:49 AM >

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 73
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/3/2011 9:04:49 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: beppi

1.) Quite a lot of my devices stopped producing a few turns ago (Especialy i saw it for the Chinese Squads, but Russian too. As it can be seen in the Screenshot, no Chinese Troops this month.

2.) I next to the button to refill ships in the port i noticed a field which shows fuel for TFs. But there are no TFs docked and this value never goes to zero.

1. Once you have more than 6 months worth of devices, it will stop adding more.
Section 13 of manual:
If a pool is over 6 months of the pool’s replacement/build rate, the rate is reduced to 0 (this is
for the monthly rate only, not actual production by factories on board) until the pool value drops
below the 6 months level.

2. The fuel required in the base is broken down into 2 parts to make it easier to understand why the fuel needs in the base might be high.
It shows the fuel for ships in port and the fuel needs of any TFs that call this base home.

To compliment this, there is a button on the base screen under the ship type icons called 'Show TFs based here'.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/3/2011 9:32:36 AM >

Michael

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 74
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/3/2011 9:34:36 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

3.) I noticed some special added devices to some Australian / Indian Units (Double the number of 6 pounders for example. It is exactly double the number in the TOE.

4.) I have a Australian Division with CMF Militia Section which does not want to upgrade to the proper AIF Inf Section 43. I have loads of supply, a Army HQ in the Base, the Unit is split into 3 parts, 130+ AIF Inf Section 43 ready and plenty of supply. I am waiting since quite a lot of turns for an upgrade but it does not happen.

5.) Just a minor thing but i have a British division, split into 3 parts. Two parts already upgraded to 5,5" Guns but the third part currently does not do a upgrade even as it needs 5 guns and 5 guns are already in the pool. I am not sure if the 5,5" gun replacements are blocked too. (I think as soon as i get 6 guns it will trigger the upgrade but not at 5).

6.) It seems that picket ships positioned somewhere on the map and not moving use fuel now. Seems it had been added in the patch but did not see notes.

Can you give specific units to look at, please?

Michael

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 75
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/3/2011 10:43:58 AM   
beppi

quote:

quote:

Can you give specific units to look at, please?

3.)6th Australian Division in India and i remember a second one somewhere but currently i am at work and cant search the map in details. In addition if you take a look at the 6th/7th and 9th Australian division in India ans split the into parts you see that the TOE completely changes. I had a posting of it some time ago as all my support was drawn during the last upgrade. The split parts have 150 engineering vehicles as TOE but almost no support.
I have accepted that the TOE of this three divisions is completely "mixed up" so it is not ab big problem for me so it is just a minor point for me.

4.) -> 5th Australian Division at Katherine. 2nd Australian Army HQ is also there and 70k of supply.

5.) 2nd British Division at Katha. Plenty of supply/support there and SE Asia HQ. One of the split units has 6 4,5" guns, TOE says 5 5,5" guns. No upgrade as long as there are only 5 5,5" guns in the pool. Had that problem with an other split part of the division too, as far as i remember as soon as 6 5,5" guns are in the pool the part does its upgrade, draws 5 of the pool and one remains in the pools. So no big deal but a little "annoyance".

6.) The pickets are NE of Peal, i retreated most of them but i had them out on partrol for around 6 months without burning fuel and sometimes after the patch they where quite fast empty. I did not see the exact date just got the messages in tracker that they are out of fuel.

< Message edited by beppi -- 3/3/2011 10:50:03 AM >

Post #: 76
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/3/2011 10:46:27 AM   
beppi

quote:

quote:

Section 13 of manual:
If a pool is over 6 months of the pool’s replacement/build rate, the rate is reduced to 0 (this is
for the monthly rate only, not actual production by factories on board) until the pool value drops

2. The fuel required in the base is broken down into 2 parts to make it easier to understand why the fuel needs in the base might be high.
It shows the fuel for ships in port and the fuel needs of any TFs that call this base home.

To compliment this, there is a button on the base screen under the ship type icons called 'Show TFs based here'.

Thanks i did not know that the devices stop to produce after 6 months worth of production. And thanks for the clarification about the ships based there. Did not know it either but its a nice information.

Post #: 77
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/3/2011 3:42:59 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Section 13 of manual:

I didn't know about that one either. Michael - does that apply to aircraft or just 'devices'? If it applies to aircraft that would be critical to know in some PBM's when playing as Allies.

Post #: 78
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/3/2011 8:22:13 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Section 13 of manual:

I didn't know about that one either. Michael - does that apply to aircraft or just 'devices'? If it applies to aircraft that would be critical to know in some PBM's when playing as Allies.

I thought there was but can't find any reference to it.
However, the Japanese player would be constrained by the 'scrap excess aircraft' rule in the manual.

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 79
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/3/2011 8:44:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Section 13 of manual:

I thought there was but can't find any reference to it.
However, the Japanese player would be constrained by the 'scrap excess aircraft' rule in the manual.

Thanks for checking. I was actually worried about build-ups as Allied planes as there is no production increase possibility there.

Post #: 80
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 1:32:39 AM   
Omat

quote:

Hello Michelm

Did you mean something like this?

Omat

P.S.: I also see units with 0 aviation support. But I think this type of unit should not have aviation support.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Omat -- 3/4/2011 1:39:47 AM >

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

Post #: 81
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 9:25:12 AM   
michaelm75au

Yes, this is a good example.
If you look in the editor for that unit, you see a device line for Engineers but with zero as the number in the unit and in it's TOE.

One of my changes to fix up the unit's current devices and ensure that there was an equivalent value in the TOE/starting value.

I think I will suppress these '0' lines where there are no current devices and no TOE level.

Michael

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 82
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 2:48:28 PM   
michaelm75au

As part of this revamp for TOE upgrade/replacements, I will be printing an '**' against devices that differ between /A, /B, /C units. This should help with identification of device difference when trying to figure out why units can't recombine.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/4/2011 3:01:59 PM >

Michael

Post #: 83
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 3:42:27 PM   
witpqs

Very nice!

Post #: 84
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 3:45:37 PM   
michaelm75au

Probably by the time I get around to playing this game, I'll have nothing to complain about. 

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 85
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 5:20:35 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

3.)6th Australian Division in India and i remember a second one somewhere but currently i am at work and cant search the map in details. In addition if you take a look at the 6th/7th and 9th Australian division in India ans split the into parts you see that the TOE completely changes. I had a posting of it some time ago as all my support was drawn during the last upgrade. The split parts have 150 engineering vehicles as TOE but almost no support.
I have accepted that the TOE of this three divisions is completely "mixed up" so it is not ab big problem for me so it is just a minor point for me
The TOE starts out with 72 x 2pdr and upgrades in 42/09/15 to 12 x 2pdr. The TOE upgrade is not removing the excess devices. In addition, the 2pdr devices seem to be spread over 2 slots.

Michael

Post #: 86
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 5:56:48 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

-> 5th Australian Division at Katherine. 2nd Australian Army HQ is also there and 70k of supply.

Device upgrades only look forward up to 2 upgrades ( CMF Militia -> CMF Inf -> AIF Inf 42 ). The AIF Inf 43 upgrade is just out of reach.
I noticed this while reviewing the land device upgrade and replacement code. I have changed it to keep looking forward thru the device upgrade chain as long as there are applicable devices available (time wise and enough in pool).
Rebuilding and then splitting again might correct the TOE under the current beta.

Using the next build (with forward looking updates), it upgraded the devices to AIF Inf 43.

Michael

Post #: 87
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 6:07:40 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

This will help...
As part of this revamp for TOE upgrade/replacements, I will be printing an '**' against devices that differ between /A, /B, /C units. This should help with identification of device difference when trying to figure out why units can't recombine.
I just realised that I used your save (with 2nd British) to test this.

Non-squad or non-engineer devices require 1.5 the devices in the pool before they will upgrade. So if you had 5 guns in the LCU, I would expect that you would need at least 7 in the pool.

Michael

Post #: 88
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 6:13:23 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

6.) The pickets are NE of Peal, i retreated most of them but i had them out on partrol for around 6 months without burning fuel and sometimes after the patch they where quite fast empty. I did not see the exact date just got the messages in tracker that they are out of fuel.

I don't know of any change. I couldn't really see any ships there. Do you have a ship I can look at that is still on patrol?

Michael

Post #: 89
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/4/2011 6:33:59 PM   
drw61

I like this, thanks.

quote:

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI