Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/17/2011 1:42:11 PM   
Graymane

Hi everyone,

I'm trying out the France D-Day scenario by Bob Cross as the allies and just getting my a** handed to me. By turn 2 I'm getting completely thrown off the beaches everywhere. Should I not invade for a few turns and just bombard or what? Kinda clueless on this scenario at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan
Post #: 1
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/17/2011 3:03:33 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Graymane

Hi everyone,

I'm trying out the France D-Day scenario by Bob Cross as the allies and just getting my a** handed to me. By turn 2 I'm getting completely thrown off the beaches everywhere. Should I not invade for a few turns and just bombard or what? Kinda clueless on this scenario at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

Lots of players have had trouble and asked for help. I've got two articles on it for that purpose. First, a detailed Allied first turn:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1546619

Then, less detailed, but covering the rest of the turns:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1726673

You might have found these links had you checked the Article Index thread on the main board.

(in reply to Graymane)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/17/2011 5:41:41 PM   
Graymane

Thanks for the help. I didn't even think to look at the article index -) I will read them rest of them as well.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/18/2011 12:01:51 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Lads,

I encountered the opposite. 2WiN and Bob's Normandy scenario and my German units disintegrate - death from above - literally. I have to check which scenario version I/my opponent used, but as PBEM it was a pain and one-sided.

@Bob - the scenarios who're part of the 3.4 update, they're the latest of your creations?

kLiNk, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Graymane)
Post #: 4
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/18/2011 1:51:05 PM   
Graymane

Playing scenarios like this remind me of how little I really understand the game mechanics Reading through the AARs Bob provided, I can only help but think that Bob is Mr. Spock in disguise.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 5
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/18/2011 3:41:43 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Lads,

I encountered the opposite. 2WiN and Bob's Normandy scenario and my German units disintegrate - death from above - literally. I have to check which scenario version I/my opponent used, but as PBEM it was a pain and one-sided.

@Bob - the scenarios who're part of the 3.4 update, they're the latest of your creations?

kLiNk, Oberst

Are we talking about the same scenarios? In France 1944 the Allied Interdiction level doesn't get too high due to having to be spread over all of France and a bit of Germany.

The two France 1944 scenarios in 3.4 are the latest version (3.0). I discussed the 3.4 changes to my scenarios some time ago in this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2574514

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 2/18/2011 3:47:48 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/18/2011 6:58:56 PM   
secadegas

quote:

Lads,

kLiNk, Oberst

2Win (2 Weeks in Normandy) by Brett Turnur is just one of the best PBEM and intereresting scenarios ever made to TOAW. It was selected to PBEM tournaments in the past because is so well balanced and designed.
This isn't only my oppinion, ask around.

Post #: 7
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/19/2011 4:56:18 AM   
Oberst_Klink

I didn't criticize the scenario as such; just stating what I/my opponent have experienced. What TOAW version was used for the tourneys?! I know it was used for ladders etc. Maybe I should have kept the toaw.log or the sitrep logs...

Just my 2p.

kLiNk, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to secadegas)
Post #: 8
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/19/2011 5:24:01 AM   
Oberst_Klink

C O R R E C T I O N

@Bob - Sorry mate, it wasn't your scenario Just found the .pbl and it's the one Eric Larsen created. That's the one where I (my troops) encountered the "death from above". My sincere apologies!

@Eric - NO, I am not slamming the scenario at all; just my (painful) observation while playing it PBEM.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 2/19/2011 5:25:19 AM >

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 9
RE: Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) - 2/20/2011 3:14:33 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

C O R R E C T I O N

@Bob - Sorry mate, it wasn't your scenario Just found the .pbl and it's the one Eric Larsen created. That's the one where I (my troops) encountered the "death from above". My sincere apologies!

No problem. I figured it had to be a Normandy scenario. There, the Interdiction is concentrated in Normandy (obviously). Not so in France 1944 (but stay tuned for possible 3.5 effects).

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Help with France 1944 D-Day (latest patch) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI