Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My aces fall far short of historical

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> The War Room >> My aces fall far short of historical Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My aces fall far short of historical - 2/20/2011 1:32:55 PM   
flyingduk

Having played BOB and BTR through several times each, vs computer, I find whilst i do generate aces, they never score anywhere near the historical high scores... Galland, Molders and so on all scored 30+ in the real Battle of Britain, and the top Brits were in the 20s, yet i am yet to see an ace over 10 or 12 in my games. Similarly, in BTR i would rarely get a German ace over 20 or 30, no where near the 100 or so that the top Luftwaffe scorers reached in the West. Is the game missing that certain 'je ne sais quois' that let the top aces be what they were historically?
Post #: 1
RE: My aces fall far short of historical - 3/2/2011 8:58:28 AM   
john_txic

The RAF would have been glad to have aces scoring 20 or more in the BoB - I think Ginger Lacey, the top-scorer, got 17. 10 or 12 is about right.

(in reply to flyingduk)
Post #: 2
RE: My aces fall far short of historical - 3/2/2011 12:55:46 PM   
flyingduk

top Brit was apparently Lock on 23, with Lacey and McKellar 18 each http://jpgleize.perso.neuf.fr/aces/ww2bob.htm

top German was Wick on 42, Galland on 35, Oesau on 34, Molders 28

(in reply to john_txic)
Post #: 3
RE: My aces fall far short of historical - 3/9/2011 5:33:13 AM   
JeffroK

Dont forget these figures are claims only, IMHO you could halve most of the figures.

Afterall, if the claims where believed the RAF was shot down 3 times and the Luftwaffe twice

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to flyingduk)
Post #: 4
RE: My aces fall far short of historical - 6/16/2017 7:55:32 PM   
HRL58

quote:

ORIGINAL: flyingduk

Having played BOB and BTR through several times each, vs computer, I find whilst i do generate aces, they never score anywhere near the historical high scores... Galland, Molders and so on all scored 30+ in the real Battle of Britain, and the top Brits were in the 20s, yet i am yet to see an ace over 10 or 12 in my games. Similarly, in BTR i would rarely get a German ace over 20 or 30, no where near the 100 or so that the top Luftwaffe scorers reached in the West. Is the game missing that certain 'je ne sais quois' that let the top aces be what they were historically?

I have only played the Talon soft versions of BOB & BTR, but in BoTR (as Axis) I always had some german pilots with more than 30 kills as early as dec 43 (still living), you could get pilots with 60-70 kills, at least in your Stab Schwarms, if you match them well and let them take on stragglers.

(in reply to flyingduk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> The War Room >> My aces fall far short of historical Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI