Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

40th Panzer Corps mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> 40th Panzer Corps mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
40th Panzer Corps mod - 3/4/2011 4:43:03 PM   
Klydon

This is a campaign version (with some new changes) of the earlier scenario I did for just the Barbarossa scenario.

One of the OKH draft plans included an attack out of Rumania by a panzer corps. This plan was changed by Hitler before the Balkans campaign took place because Hitler felt the Dnester was too big of an obstacle.

This alternative version features a proposal by OKH towards the end of the campaign in Greece to move 2nd and 5th panzer divisions to Rumania since they won't be able to get to central Poland in time for the start of Barbarossa and put back into place the original OKH proposal of having a panzer corps available to attack out of Rumania. Hitler approves the change so instead of 2nd and 5th panzer having all their tracked vehicles sunk while being transported to Italy, they instead redeploy back to Rumania along with 16 motor division. The panzer divisions are not quite up to strength tank wise and also do not enjoy the supply advantages many of the other divisions enjoy. In addition, the Germans have some additional tanks added to their pools to reflect that 2nd and 5th panzer did not suck 3 months of tank production to be rebuilt.

With the changes of adding XL panzer corps to 11th army, some command changes are made in Rumania. Rumanian units are placed under Rumanian command.

This scenario favors the Axis player over the original scenario.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 40th Panzer Corps mod - 3/4/2011 4:49:14 PM   
GFelz

This sounds very interesting. Thanks for putting it together.

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> 40th Panzer Corps mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI