Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 3:40:20 AM   
Mad Russian

Ah, good for him!

I'm sure he's sitting right by the fellow having the BS StuG movement....what do you think?

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 31
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 1:35:49 PM   
Yoozername

I think the BS StuG thread has more posts than your 'Wood vs Mud Rusky' AAR has views!

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 32
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 1:52:38 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yoozername

I think the BS StuG thread has more posts than your 'Wood vs Mud Rusky' AAR has views!

That's mainly because it didn't have people insulting each other.

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 33
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 2:28:55 PM   
Yoozername

Perhaps.  But the 'Elvis' AAR had 100+K views at BF.  Take that for what it's worth.  I see it as a genuine interest in the wargaming community for WWII product. 

I think Mad Russian needs to post here in a positive manner and perhaps curtail his extracurricular activities at gamesquat which showcases his insulting manner.  He seems to be more involved in putting down a wargame he has not played than promoting a wargame he has been involved with.  Perhaps that is his choice.  But for a forum that is on the brink of releasing a major upgrade to a product; I would say its very dead around here.

I am hoping the demo is better than the AAR that was posted here.  I still get that 'plain-burger' feeling from reading it. 

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 34
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 2:53:38 PM   
Mobius

quote:

But for a forum that is on the brink of releasing a major upgrade to a product; I would say its very dead around here.
Admittedly we didn't throw a parade because we have printed text in the game.

Nor run up a flag because we have options for bogging and infantry fatigue. We haven't discussed the SOP options and their ramifications.

This game has had relative sighting since its inception but only now on some forums that is being lauded as cutting-edge of a new age in tactical wargaming.

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 35
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 2:59:39 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

Perhaps.  But the 'Elvis' AAR had 100+K views at BF.  Take that for what it's worth.  I see it as a genuine interest in the wargaming community for WWII product. 

I think Mad Russian needs to post here in a positive manner and perhaps curtail his extracurricular activities at gamesquat which showcases his insulting manner.  He seems to be more involved in putting down a wargame he has not played than promoting a wargame he has been involved with.  Perhaps that is his choice.  But for a forum that is on the brink of releasing a major upgrade to a product; I would say its very dead around here.

I am hoping the demo is better than the AAR that was posted here.  I still get that 'plain-burger' feeling from reading it. 

I would expect the AAR's for CMBN to get a lot of attention. They haven't shown much of their game to the world yet. They are already taking pre-orders for the game. Gamers want to know as much about the game as they can. We've been showing everything there is about PCO for months now. Gamers pretty much know if they want to buy it or not. They're just waiting for us to release it. Frankly, so am I. Then you and I can have some informed discussions about real issues.

Wasn't it you that said, in this forum, not to worry about what I do in other forums? Funny how that only applies to you. You were the one with an attitude with my not agreeing with every word out of your mouth at Game Squad. Then you brought that dispute here when you came. I know I'm not a genius, I would hope I'm not completely stupid either. It all depends on your own personal POV which end of that scale I fall on. I think I'm pretty much in the middle but do a lot of reading and studying to improve my understanding of the events we discuss here. At least enough to give an intelligent comment once in awhile.

I stand by what I've said and written about CMBN. Both at Game Squad and other sites. I'm going to wait and see what it looks like before I make my mind up whether or not I'll buy it.

On the other hand I don't go to the BFC boards and rag them about the game.

I know that you're the genius here, you've told us all multiple times. There is no reason to ever dispute any of your lecture points, you never discuss with anyone only give lectures, so I'm good with all of your opinions.

Consider this in all of your infinite wisdom, what you bring is what you get. Be nice and get nice back. Go on the attack and well....you're the genius, I'm sure you can figure that all out much better than the rest of us.

These forums are for the most part at least respectful. MOST posters here don't give out personal insults and respect that others may have a different view than we ourselves do.

As to the view count of your thread that just proves the drawing ability a true genius can give a thread. If I had been more adept at talking about the possibilities of having my Panthers with concrete armour I could have probably rivaled your view count but alas, not to be this time around. I'm okay with it though because I'm still reading all you posts and learning. I'm also signed up for the next Dale Carnegie course on How To Make Wargame Friends And Get On Development Teams. I'm sure that will help both my attitude and my view counts.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 3/30/2011 3:00:49 PM >

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 36
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 3:03:04 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

quote:

It didn't have a KV-2 in it either...

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 37
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 3:51:11 PM   
Yoozername

quote:

We've been showing everything there is about PCO for months now. Gamers pretty much know if they want to buy it or not. They're just waiting for us to release it. Frankly, so am I. Then you and I can have some informed discussions about real issues.

Buy?  Its free since they have already bought in... but you knew that.

You clearly are two-faced since you supposedly wish CMBN luck here and post poison posts at gamesquat.  I am at least consistant.  And your knowledge of WWII armor is lacking.

Post #: 38
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 3:54:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

Ok guys, that's enough. Personal attacks have no place here.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 39
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 3:54:31 PM   
Yoozername

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

quote:

It didn't have a KV-2 in it either...

Good Hunting.

MR

On which side? I wonder if the Germans at one point had a greater fleet of running KV-2.

Post #: 40
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/30/2011 5:43:41 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

We can increase views when you get the game by us doing a DAR.

You can pick the scenario or a random situation.

Your choice.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 41
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 3/31/2011 8:11:28 PM   
Yoozername

???

Ok.  Good Luck.  Tell me when you think there will be more movements.

Post #: 42
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/3/2011 3:51:16 PM   
Firebri

Look guys I'm too old for an Easter egg ! lol. So it will be nice to have PC:O in time for the break.

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 43
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/3/2011 4:47:00 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

???

Ok.  Good Luck.  Tell me when you think there will be more movements.

Matrix said by the end of the month. There are several substantial movements ongoing.

This is all coming to a head, as you might expect, with the release scheduled for the end of the month.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 44
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/4/2011 5:29:09 AM   
Ratzki

It would make me feel better if there was a change to the Ostfront product information page that read of a release time as April instead of Comming Soon.

Post #: 45
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/4/2011 5:39:28 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

It would make me feel better if there was a change to the Ostfront product information page that read of a release time as April instead of Comming Soon.

I'm not sure that Matrix is ready to commit to April. The last I heard it was still end of April or early May. I think they have a number of things in the frying pan right now, and there are still a couple of pieces of PCO that are still being finished up. Erik is the one who has the best idea of scheduling.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 46
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/4/2011 2:20:00 PM   
Ron

I don't know, but to my mind it doesn't seem very wise to release now around the same time as Battles for Normandy if you want to garner a longterm following. True, they are not direct competitors at all, however we all have limited playtime. That said, perhaps some of the hardcore CMBB players will permanently migrate when the time comes?

I'm surprised, there still really isn't much of a buzz here even with the brief AAR which really fell kind of flat, lacking any sort of 'cowbell' at all. I would have given the game a good play last quarter but not so sure now with other games in the mix. The number of thread views is an interesting observation, since the views on the BF forums are all unique, only count the one time even if you view a 100 times, whereas the Matrix forum views aren't, which makes the traffic here all the more hollow. More cowbell!

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 47
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/4/2011 5:09:27 PM   
mbar

I'm impatiently waiting for PCO and checking here often.

(in reply to Ron)
Post #: 48
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/4/2011 5:30:51 PM   
rickier65

i think most of us on the deve team are anxious to release it soon. i know i have a list of things to get done on it this week. (though I guess thats been true for a while now). and I know the other team members have all been working to wrap up things theyve been working on.

Thanks
rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 4/4/2011 6:02:29 PM >

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 49
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/4/2011 6:46:53 PM   
Joseph_Nevsky

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbar

I'm impatiently waiting for PCO and checking here often.

+1

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 50
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/5/2011 1:45:37 PM   
morganbj

Ha! You guys have really beeh fooled. Judging from what I can see, PCO is just a set of pretty graphics of the Eastern Front rolled together into a slide show. There ain't no game there. It's the biggest scam ever.

Somebody paid me $10 to say that.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to Joseph_Nevsky)
Post #: 51
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/5/2011 3:21:00 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We are finishing the manual and continuing final polish and testing until the manual is ready. The manual is the critical path now rather than development and once that's finished we'll go to layout and final production and store setup/QA. An April release is still possible and we're still hoping to release a demo version before the full release. I'd say that the release window looks like late April through early May now, depending on how things go and how many final iterations are needed in various areas.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 52
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/5/2011 4:57:56 PM   
Firebri

Thanks for that Erik

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 53
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/5/2011 7:19:49 PM   
TheGreatRadish

Thanks for that, sounds good.  I spent today showing PC:K to my LAN buddy (also my best friend, which is nice) and he's impressed with how promising PC:O looks.  We're very excited as his latest work tour of duty will see him return sometime near the middle of May.  Good times ahead!

Erik - will the tutorial come with the demo?

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 54
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/5/2011 7:23:40 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGreatRadish

Thanks for that, sounds good.  I spent today showing PC:K to my LAN buddy (also my best friend, which is nice) and he's impressed with how promising PC:O looks.  We're very excited as his latest work tour of duty will see him return sometime near the middle of May.  Good times ahead!

Erik - will the tutorial come with the demo?

Right now the plans are for the Tutorial to be part of the Demo.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to TheGreatRadish)
Post #: 55
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/5/2011 7:25:58 PM   
TheGreatRadish

Excellent, cheers. 

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 56
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/6/2011 2:12:14 PM   
mbar

I'm warming up with the Operation Winter Storm demo for now. I'm sure Ostfront will be better of course. 

(in reply to TheGreatRadish)
Post #: 57
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/6/2011 4:18:51 PM   
Firebri

I'm also playing Winter Storm demo, to keep me going

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 58
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/7/2011 7:42:22 PM   
Mad Russian

Just so you know. The only thing that PC:OWS have in common are a few vehicles and some scenarios. The rest has all been changed and it doesn't look or play anything like the older version.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 59
RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... - 4/7/2011 7:51:50 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzerbri

I'm also playing Winter Storm demo, to keep me going

There was actually an effort to make the Tutorial (which will be in the PCO Demo) very similar to the Demo scenario for PC:OWS, mainly because that scenario was small but still allowed player to see most of the game mechanics in a few short turns with some degree of predictability.

But the Demo will also include at least one new scenario that takes advantage of all the new bells and whistles.

thanks
rick

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: If this game is going to be a Q1 2011 release... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI