Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR (Axis)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR (Axis) Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/4/2011 5:11:02 AM   
Klydon

Bleh.. I didn't realize there were just 7 tank corps. Yeah, that isn't enough.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 991
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/4/2011 4:02:27 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Ok, then I will go on a shopping spree. More Tank Corps, please!

And Reserve Armies sent to the second main threat (Bryansk area):

- 1 Shock Army
- 4 Shock Army
- 3 x Tank Corps
- 3 x Cavalry Corps (one of them are Guards)

Here the reserves are NOT next to my front-line armies (ergo, not a carpet). Let's see what happens

EDIT: oh, the [Western] Front Reserves are between the front-line armies and the Reserve Armies (3 x rifle Div + 1 x cavalry div + 2 x tank bdes)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 6/4/2011 4:13:45 PM >

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 992
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/4/2011 4:10:15 PM   
TulliusDetritus

A difference between the two places I have reinforced. The first in fact looks like some sort of carpet. The second does not.

Let's see what's more efficient.

Anyway, as for the carpet, on the next turn I plan to leave at least one hex between the different lines.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 993
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 4:10:33 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Turn 49

21 may 1942

I skipped last turn as well: mud

Now yes, clear weather. 2ndACR started [?] his offensive, apparently. Yes, in the places where he had concentrated his panzers. Good news for me, I suspect One attack worked, the other was repulsed: the 45% of the enemy tanks were lost

I had said I would leave perhaps one hex between the different lines (Volkhov front-line armies - Volkhov reserves - Reserve Armies). Hmm, the thing is there are many fortified hexes. I don't want to leave them unless I am forced

Attachment (1)

Post #: 994
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 4:25:43 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Oh, in fact I have another game. The first German turn was sent. I still have to make my [first] turn.

And given that I had said to Ketza that I would be starting a game vs him (if he wanted that is) I have to explain why I am playing this game

A tester [Northern Star] PMed and asked me if I wanted to play the Road to Moscow thing. She wanted to test something (what, I don't know). I said I prefered to play ONLY the first 17 turns of the Grand Campaign. And that's what we will be doing.

So I guess I will soon let you know that Leningrad, Moscow and Rostov were captured. In every game I have started (two so far), I always assumed these places would be lost. This time it's no different

And perhaps this is a record on these AAR boards: Northern Star managed to massacre on her very first turn... 7.104 planes LOL!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 6/11/2011 4:32:45 PM >

Post #: 995
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 4:31:01 PM   
Ketza

Wow 7104 that is a record.

No worries about a potential game. There are lots of opponents around.

Post #: 996
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 4:35:10 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Yes, I know there are many players around (luckily). But I try to keep my promises [this is the Cyber Space but still...]. When my game with 2dnACR will be over we might play (if you want, it is up to you, of course)

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 997
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 7:09:00 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And the enemy activity near Bryansk: concentration of panzers II. I suspect he might want to form a small pocket here. Only the theoric southern pincer attacked. One attack repulsed here as well.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 998
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 7:17:00 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Oh, the Stavka HQ is touring the whole front. I noticed there were many AA Bns in this HQ. And given that buying many different support units for my Army HQs is one of my objectives right now, I have decided to assign 1 AA Bn to each Army HQ.

In theory these AA Bns should protect my front-line divisions, if not totally (an illusion, I know), at least a little bit. In WitP the air forces are the REALLY decisive units

P.S.: my Air Command HQs already have 1 AA Rgt + 1 AA Bn (since summer or autumn 1941).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 999
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 7:27:31 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And two Tank Corps have been created this turn: 40 APs The 9th and 10th, therefore yes, I have 10.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1000
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 7:38:58 PM   
Tarhunnas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ketza

Yep, that is impressive! However, my personal taste is to go easy on the airfield bombings. Most of the Soviet aircraft are crap anyway, and I prefer to have more ground support available. I believe the ground advance is crucial. That tactic might have long term effects though, but I seem to be doing OK so far.

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 1001
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 7:40:17 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And the Air reorganization is almost done. My goal was getting rid of the SAD air bases and having ShAD bases instead. I filled all the on map units with 6 units (capt flam's suggestion) and yes, almost every turn I received a new air base.

This is what I want per Air Command per Front (in fact, it's what I have):

1 x IAD = fighters
1 x ShAD = tactical bombers (Il-2s and U-2vs night thing)
1 x BAD = level bombers
1 x VVS = recon and transports to supply partisans (night mission).

Also note that not all the Air Commands have VVS Air Bases. But most of them have.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 6/11/2011 7:44:52 PM >

Post #: 1002
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 7:43:53 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And the AA units attached to this Air Command.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1003
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 7:47:45 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

quote:

Yep, that is impressive! However, my personal taste is to go easy on the airfield bombings. Most of the Soviet aircraft are crap anyway, and I prefer to have more ground support available. I believe the ground advance is crucial. That tactic might have long term effects though, but I seem to be doing OK so far.

Yes, that was a big massacre I haven't touched the German thing so I really don't know if there are many "helds" in this very first turn. In theory you are correct, less planes to support the advancing troops.

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 1004
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 8:09:24 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And the irrelevant guys in this story: the Finns that is! Does he want me to infiltrate his lines or what? Nah... On a second thought...

EDIT: needless to say, I have used my recon planes to death. Only 3 units NE.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 6/11/2011 8:10:23 PM >

Post #: 1005
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 8:17:31 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And more Finns north of Leningrad.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1006
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 8:22:02 PM   
TulliusDetritus

LOL I'm a moron. I hadn't paid attention to this: the 103 Rifle Division has been doing NOTHING whilst their comrades have been dying. The division is here since summer '41! I will rail it to Moscow area (a rifle brigade will replace it).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1007
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 8:42:24 PM   
Tarhunnas

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

And the irrelevant guys in this story: the Finns that is! Does he want me to infiltrate his lines or what? Nah... On a second thought...

The Finns have quite a lot of unexpected withdrawals. It might be that your opponent hasn't been paying attention to that. Easily done on a quiet front.

Post #: 1008
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/11/2011 8:57:20 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

quote:

The Finns have quite a lot of unexpected withdrawals. It might be that your opponent hasn't been paying attention to that. Easily done on a quiet front.

Yes. If I were to do some sort of infiltration I would say in the email "beware, I am advancing east of Lake Ladoga". He might easily miss that and therefore I might bag a Finnish division. Not fair

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 1009
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 7:24:10 AM   
randallw

quote:

Oh, in fact I have another game. The first German turn was sent. I still have to make my [first] turn.

And given that I had said to Ketza that I would be starting a game vs him (if he wanted that is) I have to explain why I am playing this game

A tester [Northern Star] PMed and asked me if I wanted to play the Road to Moscow thing. She wanted to test something (what, I don't know). I said I prefered to play ONLY the first 17 turns of the Grand Campaign. And that's what we will be doing.

So there's an actual living woman who has played this game?!

This is quite a development.

Post #: 1010
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 12:43:40 PM   
Ketza

Pics or it isnt true.

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 1011
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 12:48:27 PM   
Encircled

Clearly this is still the best AAR going if it actually involves (however indirectly) a female

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 1012
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 3:23:30 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Turn 50: mud again

Nothing happened. Anyway, this is how the Armies HQs look like. As you can see I haven't disbanded the Tricycle Regiments. You can call me Tullius "I Don't Disband Anything" Detritus. Yes, Sec Rgts included

I want everything in these HQs. Next target: the Flamethrower thing.

EDIT: and then the "MG-Battalion (or regiment)" or something like that thing.

EDIT 2: in fact -just to argue - one of these Sec Rgt might lead the assault on Berlin. If we ever get there that is!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 6/12/2011 3:38:05 PM >

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 1013
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 3:27:11 PM   
TulliusDetritus

After all I've got plenty of everything.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1014
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 3:29:23 PM   
TulliusDetritus

The Red Army keeps growing. I want a 8 million soldiers army!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1015
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 3:31:33 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

Pics or it isnt true.

7.104 planes... and that's just the beginning

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 1016
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 4:13:03 PM   
pompack

quote:

Pics or it isnt true.

Northern Star (Ester IIRC) has been involved in the game's development for quite some time. Among many other things, she was responsible for selecting and encoding the unit colors. Considering the limited number of choices and the number of differenct colors required I think she did an excellent job of avoiding color conflicts and avoiding similar colors on adjacent units (although I have messed up her scheme on occasion by moving Fronts around).

< Message edited by pompack -- 6/12/2011 4:43:35 PM >

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 1017
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 4:17:31 PM   
Ketza

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

quote:

Pics or it isnt true.

Northern Star (Ester IIRC) has been involved in the game's development for quite some time. Among many other things, he was responsible for selecting and encoding the unit colors. Considering the limited number of choices and the number of differenct colors required I think she did an excellent job of avoiding color conflicts and avoiding similar colors on adjacent units (although I have messed up her scheme on occasion by moving Fronts around).

Oh no you didnt!

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 1018
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 4:44:05 PM   
pompack

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

quote:

Pics or it isnt true.

Northern Star (Ester IIRC) has been involved in the game's development for quite some time. Among many other things, she was responsible for selecting and encoding the unit colors. Considering the limited number of choices and the number of differenct colors required I think she did an excellent job of avoiding color conflicts and avoiding similar colors on adjacent units (although I have messed up her scheme on occasion by moving Fronts around).

Oh no you didnt!

Are you editing my edits

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 1019
RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR ... - 6/12/2011 4:50:42 PM   
TulliusDetritus

I keep the Fronts at their historical place. This was expensive because I had to spend lots of APs here and there. I just can't help it. Hmm, Imagine the Transcaucasus Front along the Finnish border... or in WitP terms, the North Pacific HQ based in let's say Perth And of course MacArthur & his stove (Southwest Pacific HQ) somewhere in the Arctic (North Pacific thing)

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 1020
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Stalin's in the gulag - Tullius (Soviet) vs 2ndACR (Axis) Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI