Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 3/31/2011 2:25:33 AM   
2ndACR

Turn 16

Central Zone 2

Bryansk is now cut off and Orel will go isolated next turn. 2nd Panzer Army is advancing and 6th Army has moved north to take the back side of Orel.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 151
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 3/31/2011 2:29:54 AM   
2ndACR

Turn 16 Southern Zone

Okay, here my head is in the noose, I have handed him the rope. All supply is re-established and airlifting supply allowed the farthest south panzer div to actually counter attack to open the supply lines back up. I airlifted supply and fuel again this turn.

17th Army and 1st Panzer is on full scale rescue operations for next turn. I just need to link back up and hold during the mud, then I will complete the attack during the snow turns.

Recon shows a horde that was not there last turn to my East. That is my worry right now. I routed almost all the ants he placed in my way.

And 11th Army is almost to Kerch and on the outskirts of Sevestopol.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 152
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 3/31/2011 2:46:20 AM   
Klydon

Yeah, he smells blood in the water around Stalino. Going to be really rough for you there the next couple of turns to see if you can get some sort of line set up and keep your panzers safe before mud hits. The good news for you is he can't really get that much west of Stalino since you wacked the rail lines. Too bad you don't have some more mechanized help to speed up the infantry coming in from the west.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 153
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 4/1/2011 1:30:32 AM   
2ndACR

Turn 17

In the North, not much has happened, I did not launch any attacks in the north this turn. I pulled 4st Panzer back and also 3rd Panzer units from exposed positions for the coming mud.

Main action was centered on 3 areas, Smolensk, Orel, Stalino.

First we have Smolensk, I almost have it cut off. It will die come the snow turns. Units are tired so will rest up during the mud turns.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 154
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 4/1/2011 1:31:40 AM   
2ndACR

Turn 17 Orel

Here we have Orel almost cut off. I will attack during the mud to see if I can cut it off. 2nd Panzer Army and a lot of 6th Army are here.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 155
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 4/1/2011 1:32:57 AM   
2ndACR

Turn 17

Here we have my only area I worry about some, but recon shows nothing really to threaten me. The long lonely line from Orel to almost Stalino.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 156
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 4/1/2011 1:34:23 AM   
2ndACR

Turn 17 Stalino

Here I have now formed a line that prevents him from isolating me during the mud turns, Panzers will rest and 17th Army will continue closing the distance. Major push will happen here during the snow.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 157
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 4/1/2011 3:41:03 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Turn 17

Here we have my only area I worry about some, but recon shows nothing really to threaten me. The long lonely line from Orel to almost Stalino.

Oh wow, that's awfully empty. I'd feel *very* uncomfortable with a line that thin. Comes Winter there's nothing to stop the russkies...?
You can always split a Division into three and pull them back behind a river, giving you at least some time.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 158
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 5/9/2011 8:45:55 PM   
sIg3b

Do you have loss statistics? I suspect you are causing him way too few casualties. Meaning no matter what happens, in the long run you are doomed...

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 159
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 5/14/2011 9:40:27 PM   
2ndACR

Sorry guys but do to lack of time, I have not been able to update the AAR any. Here is a basic outlay of where we stand.

Turn 38 complete, blizzard over and I survived. I was forced to retreat in the south and lost about 11 div total. 1/2 the German army will have to rotate out to refit. The other half that had nice forts at blizzard start, level 3 or so, survived and even held the line. Turn 38 saw me finally able to counter attack and actually pummel some Ruskies. Felt really good.

Major tip, it pays to dig in deep now. Big time. Dig like no tomorrow, and dig multiple lines. If you have level 2 and below forts or get caught without forts, you will get creamed.

I gave Tillius permission to read this AAR, so he is welcome.

(in reply to sIg3b)
Post #: 160
RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) - 5/15/2011 1:47:02 AM   
Sabre21

Ok..I had a few good chuckles on this AAR. I have always believed that with players being fairly equal in skill, the one that makes the fewer mistakes will come out on top.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 161
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: German Folly 2ndAcr (GE) vs Tullius (Reds) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI