Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Officially OVER

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Officially OVER Page: <<   < prev  219 220 221 222 [223]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Officially OVER - 6/14/2012 12:08:20 AM   
Cribtop

GJ, I still salute you as an Honorary Texan. This is the highest award my nation can bestow on anyone.

You played with creativity, with astonishing determination, and most importantly with honor. I salute you!

PS - Dan, IMHO GJ won, mostly because he refused to quit when many others would have surrendered.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 6661
RE: Officially OVER - 6/18/2012 10:57:43 AM   
GreyJoy

Thanks Cribtop, being an honorary texan (and so a southern man) is an honour

Moreover.... i've read it back the last 40 pages of my AAR...gotta say that, now that i'm not involved anymore and i'm cooler enough to see things clearer, my strategic decision to land on Honshu was really a bad one.  Probably a winning strategy should have made me stop at hokkaido....with 5 9Lvl air bases in range of Tokyo it would have been only a matter of time before Japan sued for peace.... but the game would have become something like BTR-BoB...
That's why i now think that that bad strategy was really the only one i could chose in order to keep the game interesting... too bad we've found all those problems with the engine!

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 6662
RE: Officially OVER - 6/18/2012 8:02:21 PM   
Cribtop

I agree, but don't beat yourself up about it. You made a conscious decision to go for a sub-optimal strategy in the interest of keeping the game fun and giving us the Ragnarok of an invasion of the Home Islands. You mentioned before the fact that just bombing Japan into dust was the smart/safe play.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 6663
RE: Officially OVER - 6/19/2012 12:59:00 AM   
pws1225

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Who won?..... in Italy we should say "STICAZZI CHI HA VINTO"....which could be translated in something like "WHO GIVES A F.U.C.K. who have won!?" ....we had fun, and that's what it only matters.

Yep, you guys played so hard you broke the sandbox. You both won.

Regards, Paul

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 6664
RE: Officially OVER - 6/19/2012 3:08:25 PM   
GreyJoy

Thank you Paul!

Crib...yeah, i know...but now i miss the game so much that i'm starting to think that i wouldn't take that strategic decision again if i had a second chance

As the Boss sings....GLORY DAYS...

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 6665
RE: Officially OVER - 6/20/2012 3:35:34 AM   
princep01

Ah, Ser Greyjoy, there you are. From your long absence, I thought you had taken the Black and moved to The Wall. Bah....a cold and forbibbing place fit only for lesser souls than you and me and inhabited at times by those strange and quite appalling White Walker thingies. Better here in my fine castle.

At any rate, thanks for abandoning me in northern Japan. I've learned a new language and made some excellent friends. I've learned to make excellent sake (a local distilled brew of delicate magnificence. I even brought a few wenches back from that land to serve me hand and foot....they are called geishas or somesuch. I'm rather fond of them, truth be known.

Come visit your old haunt sometime. The warmth and expanse of my well known hospitality is without bounds for you, Ser Greyjoy.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 6666
Page:   <<   < prev  219 220 221 222 [223]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Officially OVER Page: <<   < prev  219 220 221 222 [223]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI